+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Re: 5/15 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Season 23...RI returns (boo!), 2 returning players (again?!), and a bunch of generic voice overs that are the usual. Survivor: South Pacific.
    Ugh. I don't want anymore RI!! It did nothing to add to my enjoyment of the show.

Steph said on Twitter it's not her coming back - she's pregnant.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Coach and Phillip would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    And the best part is, Russell will have to live with the fact that Rob won the whole thing.
    That makes his win even better to me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Oh yeah, Julie from Vanuatu. They dated quite awhile.

Hmm, so I wonder who will be back next season. Will it be like Guatemala where Stephanie and Bobby Jon returned from the previous season, and we get two RI cast offs? Or people that played awhile back. I wouldn't mind seeing Ozzy again If it's RI, I'm thinking maybe Matt.
    I was wondering that myself. But I'm not sure Matt would necessarily want to come back, especially if he's enrolling in med school. He may not be able to defer that, depending on the school.

Matt would really do better on a show like AR where it's more about working out the challenges than being a cutthroat.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Coach and Phillip would be nice.

OMG--can you imagine being one of the sixteen new players and discovering those two were picking the teams?

Personally, I think I'd rather be on Coach's team. He was better at challenges than Phillip (I think I might be better at challenges than Phillip) and he was weird but not overly volatile. I'd be more afraid of being around Phillip than Coach.

Oh, yeah, and so far as I can recall, Coach didn't walk around in saggy pink undies. That'd be a big plus for me.

Love that Rob won. He played a perfect game and was, as always, amusing to watch. I hope Grant gets over hating him. He wanted to get rid of Ashley, not Grant - but she won immunity.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Great. They took the two worst features of this season--RI and two returning players--and kept them.

How about this? How about the two returning players have to play all sixteen of the other new players? At least then we might get rid of them faster. And I swear, if one of them is Ambuh, I will throw something through my television set. Okay, I won't. But I definitely won't watch.

If they're keeping RI, they really need to fix it. For one thing, no one still in the game should know who's winning the challenges on RI and thus who's likely to return. The returnee should also be given a week's immunity. I think that's perfectly fair, as those in the game win immunity for winning one challenge. If someone has won a challenge on RI, it should work the same way.
    I wouldn't mind them, not knowing who's winning on RI. I really didn't see the purpose this season I'm not overly crazy about the person returning getting immunity, but it makes the most sense. Just don't let them compete in the individual immunity challenge. I don't think Amber will return, either. I'm guessing it'll be people who never won, were either "fan favorites" (either really favorites or people we loathed but the producers like for the polarizing affect), and potentially someone who got far in the game. I'm just hoping it's not Rupert.

I'm thinking Coach is a good bet, unless they go with 2 females. Maybe Probst was hinting around at Andrea when he was asking her what she'd do different if she played the game again. I honestly have no idea. From this season, I think it could be Andrea, Ashley, Phillip, Matt (unless he doesn't for the whole med school reason), Grant, Mike, Ralph, Julie. Bringing 2 people back again and the contestants knowing ahead of time might wind up backfiring, especially if it gets out before they go to film who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    ---Grant is entitled to his feelings. Rob has said he was out to make a million, not make friends. If Grant doesn't want to be best buddies after watching what Rob said and did behind his back, that's his business.
    Yes, he absolutely is, and I feel bad that he's still feeling hurt. I just meant it's too bad, not that he didn't have reasons. (His new wife is sure pretty!)

I also agree with you that Rob's experience was an unfair advantage compared to many of these people. David might have been a good match for him, but we didn't get to see that. When was he voted out?

Regarding fan favorite, whoever made the point that Rob and Matt got the most airtime and that's why they'd get the most fan votes, that's exactly what I was thinking too, and agree with you all. I wish we could have gotten to know more of the other players better! And I love Rob, but I'm not going to say this edit job wasn't completely biased. We never got to know some players, and tonight they didn't talk to them on the reunion show either - what crap. Like that little girl Russel was in an alliance with - she seemed to have lots of personality, so she might have been fun to see more on camera. I would've enjoyed more Mike and David, that's for sure! Maybe Ralph could've won with more of a Rupert edit too.

FORT Fogey

I wouldn't mind them, not knowing who's winning on RI. I really didn't see the purpose this season I'm not overly crazy about the person returning getting immunity, but it makes the most sense. Just don't let them compete in the individual immunity challenge. I don't think Amber will return, either. I'm guessing it'll be people who never won, were either "fan favorites" (either really favorites or people we loathed but the producers like for the polarizing affect), and potentially someone who got far in the game. I'm just hoping it's not Rupert.

I'm thinking Coach is a good bet, unless they go with 2 females. Maybe Probst was hinting around at Andrea when he was asking her what she'd do different if she played the game again.
    I would rather it not be Rupert either. He's had two or three chances already, and he's won fan favorite money. That's enough for him.

I guess I wouldn't hate seeing Andrea again, but I'm not sure what the point would be to bring back people we just saw. I'm kind of feeling that way about Matt too. I don't know if Mike from Australia would be interested, but I could see him being viewed as someone with unfinished business, as it was just very bad luck that got him out of the game. But since he's never been back for an all-star season either, I suspect he's just not interested. That's kind of the problem. Some of the people who might be the most interesting to see make a comeback may be uninterested in , or unable to, return.

Have they ever gone with two females returning? They did two males this time, so I guess it would make sense to make it two females this time. I do hope whoever it is isn't someone who's won before--the way Jeff put it, my guess is it won't be.

Oh, and I agree that if they gave the person returning from RI immunity for one week (and I don't think it should be over a week), that person shouldn't compete in the immunity challenge too.

The other thing they could do to change it up would be that the person who got to come back from RI would get to send someone else to RI to take his/her place--but only if that person would have a decent amount of time to make it back into the game. I think the one week immunity is fairer, but I could see them doing something more drastic, just to shake up the game. I haven't checked the last couple of weeks, but for a while there, the ratings had slipped considerably from last season, which wasn't the greatest season either, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly to see some tweaking of the concepts from this season before next season. I'm not completely convinced myself that changing things constantly is what's best, but it seems to be what Survivor does when they feel the show is getting stale.

Um, anyone think that wedding is going to actually happen? Poor David, but his girlfriend looked mortified and I'm pretty sure just said yes because she was on camera. I hope I'm wrong!

+ Reply to Thread