+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Re: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

I think Rob is playing the game exquisitely. This is the first time he's played with a HII, which he found, and has managed to keep that fact hidden from everyone ever since as well. He's been able to manipulate people, yet at the same time practically fly under the radar. He came in to this game knowing he'd have the first, and biggest, target on his back, and yet he is still there, with no talk of him ever being voted out by the core group.

I'd say he's playing the game extremely well. He deserves the win this season.

I think Rob is playing a good game. mostly because he is making it look easy, he is ever adapting, he has not picked one person to target to get out just because they don't get along making it a vendata kind of boot, he is likeable and up till now, an trust worthy by his tribe standards.

Matt on the other hand may have done well at RI but he, as many have pointed out has not played the social part of the game. Last night thinking Andrea turned on him and his responce to her about why the vote went the way it did was just putting the period at the end of the sentance and showing how Matt has not evolved durring the game. I will give a benifit to Matt as he clearly has not had a chance to talt to former tribe mates about the boot BUT, in the days siunce his 2nd boot he never evaluated how the vote went, only to blame andrea for turning on him.

I doubt there is game play on RI since it is a one on one game and the people on RI have no say in getting back in the game, on the other hand they may want to be nice to one another since those not getting back in the game will have a vote as jury members. I will bet it is is not on the same scale as navigating the game an having to play a true social game. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    Is Rob REALLY playing the game well? or is it just look that way because he is playing against a bunch of first timers. I know a lot of Rob lovers thinks he walks on water but you have to remember that this is Rob's 4th time at this game so he should have it pretty much mastered by now. If I recall Rob's first season he didn't even make it to jury.
    As for Matt, he would certainly "deserve" to win over Ashley or natalie, neither who have done anything besides lay on the beach and follow Rob.
    Russell (a 3 time player, and one of many among Survivor alums) played with a bunch of first timers and was promptly booted. And I don't assume all the other 3 timers, save Parvati, would have done as well as Rob had they played (thus becoming 4 timers) instead of him. I also don't buy the argument that the Zaps were so much smarter than the Omes, considering how miserably they all failed in their few attempts at strategy.

As for who is more deserving, Matt or Ashley/Natalie, it depends on what one's definition of deserving is, within the context of Survivor. Matt has performed very well in challenges (although now that he actually has some competition in Mike, he isn't quite as impressive) and he's likable, but he had no strategic game at all, and his social game (in my eyes, different from just being likable) was also bad, and was what got him booted both times. Natalie and Ashley have both won individual challenges, Natalie appears to be very well liked, and depending on how either of them make it to the end, it may or may not involve some decent strategy and social play. So, no, in my eyes, Matt is not more "deserving" of winning than the 2 girls.

FORT Fogey

Again I agree with you.

I'm sure this being Rob's 4th time is helpful. However, he DID make it to F2 his second time playing with all seasoned players who knew what was up. Also, if any of these tools were fans, which some claim to be, then they'd be able to figure it out. We've pretty much seen it all. I honestly believe that Rob is just that damn charming and a terrific natural leader. Otherwise, they would have gotten rid of him ages ago.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm sure this being Rob's 4th time is helpful. However, he DID make it to F2 his second time playing with all seasoned players who knew what was up. Also, if any of these tools were fans, which some claim to be, then they'd be able to figure it out. We've pretty much seen it all. I honestly believe that Rob is just that damn charming and a terrific natural leader. Otherwise, they would have gotten rid of him ages ago.
    Yes. He never argues or gets into any dispute. He uses his wit and easy going nature to be a comfortable presence. He also is skilled at making camp as nice as possible; the shelter and swing are two of his additions. He connects with everyone. He keeps his game play seperate from hanging out at camp and having fun. He behaves in a way to make him the least likely one they would want to get rid of.

FORT Fan

If he makes it to the final, he should win and they actually voter according to the motto. He is the only player to "Outwit, outplay and outlast" the rest.
    Matt may have outplayed and outlasted, but he definitely did not outwit.
    Non of the others contestants showed any outwitting skills either except when the one tribe outwitted the little bald headed weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Yes. He never argues or gets into any dispute. He uses his wit and easy going nature to be a comfortable presence. He also is skilled at making camp as nice as possible; the shelter and swing are two of his additions. He connects with everyone. He keeps his game play seperate from hanging out at camp and having fun. He behaves in a way to make him the least likely one they would want to get rid of.
    ITA. And it's why I never bought the argument that Rob was some dictator who ruled his tribe by fear and intimidation, and that they would try to overthrow him eventually due to shared loathing and resentment of him. That description would have applied to the way Russell would have done it, but I doubt he could have gotten the Omes or any tribe to buy into the "buddy system" the way Rob was able to, or managed to "tame" Phillip, or convinced most of them he was trustworthy despite his reputation (as we learned last night). I will always believe that Rob's charm, and Russell's lack of it, was the main reason why their fates with their respective tribes were so opposite, and not who was on the tribes themselves.

While I'm not a Rob fan, I do think he's played the game very well this time. He's hasn't "ruled" the Oms, the Oms have however chosen to "follow" Rob. Like he said "One person should not have this much power". The rest of his teammates are the ones who gave him that power.

I hope he wins. Besides, if he wins, he probably won't be back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    As for Matt, he would certainly "deserve" to win over Ashley or natalie, neither who have done anything besides lay on the beach and follow Rob.
    Someone who has been voted off twice and who has been in the actual game a total of 9 days certainly does not deserve to win over people who have not been voted off in my opinion. Say what you want about Natalie and Ashley, but they are doing something right to have stayed in the game this long.

Ashley in particular seems to be a bit more strategic and aware than I originally thought. Natalie, though she seems to have trouble forming sentences, has put herself in a good position.

At this point I'm rooting for anyone but Rob. I've just had enough of him and I hate how he's been shoved down our throats the whole season. I'd love for him to be taken out in fourth right before FTC.

+ Reply to Thread