+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Re: 5/11 Show discussion thread ***spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Just catching up on tonight's show (had to watch Idol). But, seeing Matt and Andrea's spat was pretty funny! Dirty looks vs. puppy-dog eyes - hahaha!
    And Ralph not giving her room in the shelter was good payback.

I love this show, and am enjoying this season (RI aside)! So I want to soak up every last minute.
    It was also mean and petty and speaks much of his vindictive character.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Another boring episode from the Land of the Puppets.

Here's what I don't get -- in a season where almost every elimination has been a blindside, how can they all go around saying they trust everybody so much? They especially trust Rob, who has orchestrated every blindside. It could be argued that they did need to also get rid of Grant since he's a threat in challenges, but what about Grant waking up to that fact? And then Grant putting together a plan to save his sorry a$$? I'm amazed ...
    The level of naivete is pretty amazing. I know Matt gets slammed for that, but he's hardly alone in it. Wonder what Natalie would think if she knew Rob considered voting her out instead of Grant.

The naivete doesn't seem to prevent them from holding a grudge, however. Andrea clearly feels betrayed, and Grant seemed pretty annoyed as he walked out. I wonder how that will affect jury votes or what will happen when the RI person comes back, because I don't think there's anyone left there who will have reason to trust Rob, unless Grant is dumb enough to think the deciding vote was Phillip and that the remaining, unrevealed vote, must have been Rob's for Natalie.

I'm also really surprised that no one appears concerned that Rob is going off alone with virtually everyone prior to the votes. There aren't that many people left, so it's not like two missing people aren't going to attract attention. Why doesn't it dawn on any of them to get concerned when people wander off in pairs for private conversations?

I was disappointed that the girls didn't get to go somewhere else for their room service too. Just for the sake of visual appeal, it was more fun in past seasons when they actually got to go places, see cool things, do stuff, find out about local customs etc. I'm tired of looking at the same beaches at this point. Plus, when people went elsewhere, it gave everyone--those who left and those left behind--a chance to strategize.

The next 2 hours of Survivor will be very interesting because there will be the final duel from Redemption Island, or at least I hope it is. Then the scramble of at least two back to back challenges resulting in a final three, or will the producers surprise us with a final 4 or final 5. There is only so much they can do in 95 to a 100 minutes. You have to have at least 20 minutes left for the final tribal council. If nothing else I think a lot of people will be watching on Sunday to find out what happens.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I will be watching Sunday hoping Grant will get back in the game and kick Robs azz! I will be very surprised if Rob wins this, he's stabbed too many people in the back, As much as I hate him he has played the game the way it's suppose to be played. And he was lucky he was on a team of sheep. So I have to give him props for that.
    This was not my favorite season of Survivor, I didn't like RI. There was too much attention paid to Russell until her left and then the attention went to Rob unless Phillip started acting up.

I can't wait for the finale! Whoohoo!!
    I couldn't believe Grant actually got voted off; for some reason I thought he'd squeak through. At tribal, when Jeff asked if anyone wants to use the immunity idol, did anyone else notice Natalie looked down at Rob? I wonder if that was editing or if she knows he has it? Would he actually tell her?? And does he only get to use it for the next tribal? His smile just gets to me - when he flashed it at Jeff tonight, I was admittedly charmed!

Ashley really annoyed me this time. Not because she was actually strategizing for once, but more b/c of her nastiness with Phillip (Natalie's too) and general personality. And Phillip's so-called ploy to make himself the villian in order to be taken to the finals is apparently working!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I cannot for the life of me figure out why everyone is bowing and obeying Rob's every command. There are FOUR people who should have gotten together and realized that Rob is promising every one of them that he'll take them to the end.

I hope whoever comes back from Redemption Island wins the whole thing. These other people are too stupid to deserve the win.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I actually agreed with his argument in theory, though I could see why the girls might feel that giving Grant more to eat could work against them, since Ashley, at least, seemed to catch on tonight that she would essentially be feeding her competition. What I didn't like was their attitude that Phillip was way off the beam when he suggested that they could get by on 1700 calories a day, because they certainly could, unless they're a lot more active off the island.

I still thought the 3500 calories a day, even on a normal day, seemed a little high, unless Grant is especially active. But like I said, I'm way more familiar with the calorie counts for women.
    I can see Grant, on an average day in his normal life, needing 3500 calories. He was a former NFL player right? And he obviously still keeps himself in excellent shape, so 3500 is a believable number (although I do tend to lean towards the idea that Phillip probably pulled those numbers from nowhere) But it's pretty common sense that ANY of the guys would need more calories than Ashley and Natalie. They are all desperate for food, but you can just look at the girls and tell it hasn't taken as much of a toll on them as it did on, say, Steve. I'm glad he went out when he did because I was really starting to worry about him!

However, Phillip being Phillip can't approach them in a reasonable manner and talk calmly. I think if maybe Grant or Rob had brought up the issue and made the exact same points as Phillip, but without screaming and getting in the girls' faces, they might have conceded the point. I think their reaction had much more to do with Phillip's attitude than the issue that the men need more calories.

I think a lot of the naivete stems in part from the fact that the six were so solid for so long. I think everyone in that group would have been surprised except Rob (who has played this game so many times) and Phillip (who is just plain crazy...and not the n-word crazy as Rob put it) But yeah....they have all stayed naive for a very long time, and I was surprised that even after being voted out Grant seemed to think that the vote was 3-2 instead of 4-1.

Had to laugh at Rob complaining about being the only one making any game play. He almost seems to be disappointed that no one is scheming at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why everyone is bowing and obeying Rob's every command. There are FOUR people who should have gotten together and realized that Rob is promising every one of them that he'll take them to the end.

I hope whoever comes back from Redemption Island wins the whole thing. These other people are too stupid to deserve the win.
    Yes, this would've been the perfect time to get rid of him. Much as I like him, the others should wake up and realize they're being played. The girls are just too dumb, and probably think the other two guys are solid w/Rob so wouldn't approach them. Oh, and they hate Phillip so probably wouldn't talk to him anyway!! Natalie's totally being swayed by him, and obviously was torn between her BFF (did you see her wipe Ash's lip then lick her finger? ew) and Rob.

But Grant and Phillip, I can't figure out why neither of them thought to off Rob - why their alliance (Stealth-R-Us?) is still the best bet to get them the million. Grant had a great chance at the money against everyone but Rob. Phillip doesn't have any chance at all, but does he know that? He's sitting there hoping the others will take him to the end, but what about choosing who YOU want in the end? These players are too passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It was also mean and petty and speaks much of his vindictive character.
    It was rude and it was something a child might do, not a grown man. Jerk.

Also Matt sure doesn't seem to like anyone calling him on anything, does he? Andrea was 100% correct on what she said about him throwing her under the bus to Rob, and what does he say in return? A petty "I'm sorry for ruining your Survivor experience then!" What a baby.

FORT Fan

I can kinda understand the thought process behind keeping Rob around-you can make the argument that he's played Survivor too many times already, he's basically already won the million (by marrying Amber) he doesn't deserve to win if he couldn't win in three previous tries, etc. Then you could make the argument that he was the leader of the tribe (pretty clear) and he masterminded the votes the whole way (also true). I think for someone like Grant, pointing out to all the jury that this other person was the reason why they left while also being able to say that you were great at challenges and pretty well liked would be a great argument. And for Phillip, pretty much his only chance at winning in my mind is if he gets up there and says "Rob was the one who decided how we would all vote."

Which is why they probably should have thought about who they wanted with them at the end a little sooner than this. If he gets to the end, Rob can make probably the best case for having excelled in all three areas of Survivor gameplay and he's just charming enough (and hasn't rubbed people the wrong way like Phillip) that people might respect his gameplay instead of hating him for it like Russell.

+ Reply to Thread