+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/4 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    He could talk himself out of the fan favorite money if he comes across as too obnoxious.
    I talk to alot of people and most of them are in love or in awe of Rob so I don't know if he is talking himself out of the fan favorite money either....

Quote Originally Posted by cbdr98 View Post
    Doesn't Rob still have the Hidden Immunity Idol that he can use before final 4 next week? Week to Week the Tribe has followed Rob and each person Rob has said was leaving was voted off. We are now down to 5 and if Rob has the Hidden Immunity Idol and has to use the Idol before final 4 that would be next Thursday and Rob would be in the Final 4 that will air on Finale Sunday May 15, 2011. So, Rob has great chance to make final 3.
    Jeff said on Twitter a few weeks ago that any idols can be played up to the very end.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I don't think Rob was being obnoxious, just getting paranoid 1. because he's been here before and he knows what can happen and 2. because he wants to win so badly. He's supremely focused right now on winning this game, and since I wasn't there in 105 degree heat, subsisting on about a cup of rice a day, not sleeping well at night and probably dehydrated, I'm going to give him a pass on his physical condition at the end of that challenge. Rob pushed himself to the limit to win that immunity, you could see his legs were really shaky and he couldn't stand, and I can imagine they were cramping. I have no idea if he embellished his state afterwards or not, but somehow I doubt it.

I'm too scared to believe he will win. It's interesting, given his PIs on this episode...does it seem like they are setting him up for the win edit or are they setting him up for the big fall, so we see him get crushed as he loses yet again. He said none of it means anything if he doesn't win. That's a pretty meaningful statement, but it seemed heartfelt to me. Not like an arrogant Russell statement, but like an inner demon kind of thing. Rob's edit tonight showed him comforting the youngest girl there saying he knows how much being there can take out of you, shows him as Probst said, literally carrying his family on his back, shows him saying how badly he needs to finally win this, and then showing him literally exhausted as he breaks down after winning the immunity. Something is going on with the edit. I don't know, part of me thinks it's all a set up for failure again, but part of me thinks it might actually be the build-up to the climax of finally winning the game he loves so much.

sweetpea, girl, I hope it's the latter. I would love to see him finally win.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo View Post
    Andrea may be down, but not yet out. She still has a chance to come back from RI and possibly win this game.
    I didn't mean to imply that she was eliminated from the game. I just felt like no one was giving her credit for holding her own with two guys who are much bigger than she is in a challenge that involved hauling boards up a steep set of stairs in extreme heat. I thought she deserved some credit, and that's all I meant by bringing it up.

Unfortunately, unless Ometepe wises up, if she does come back, and she doesn't immediately win immunity, she's going to be voted out immediately if that's what Rob wants. I can't believe no one appears to be thinking about getting Rob out at this point. I realize he had immunity this week, and they don't know he also has an idol, but no one seems even the tiniest bit concerned about his still running the show when it's gotten to the point when they have to start eliminating each other. About now, I'd really like to see a challenge that makes pecking order a little clearer in order to shake up the game.

Grant, in particular, needs to wake up and take a chance, because there's no way Rob's going to want to go into a final tribal council with Grant. Of those who are left (aside from the RI returnee, whom no one can predict at this point), Grant's the only one who has much of an argument to make about playing the game well, since at least he can claim that he did well in challenges. The remaining girls and Phillip were pretty much terrible at everything and are only still there because they'd be easy to beat in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    sweetpea, girl, I hope it's the latter. I would love to see him finally win.
    You and me both, Java

When I heard Russell and Rob were back, my first thought was "Oh well, I know he won't get to the end but I hope Rob makes the jury so I can still enjoy watching him for the whole season" - but here he is, down to the F5 with a HII still in his pocket that nobody knows about. He uses that and he's down to F4...one immunity win away from the F3??

Never would have imagined they would let him get near the end again.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    You and me both, Java

When I heard Russell and Rob were back, my first thought was "Oh well, I know he won't get to the end but I hope Rob makes the jury so I can still enjoy watching him for the whole season" - but here he is, down to the F5 with a HII still in his pocket that nobody knows about. He uses that and he's down to F4...one immunity win away from the F3??

Never would have imagined they would let him get near the end again.
    No joke, right? But he did it. Also...Jeff said on twitter awhile back that any idols could be used up to the end. We'll see how that plays out. It's good news for Rob, though.

FORT Fogey

sweetpea and JavaJo. I am with you all the way on this! I would love to see Rob win.

We will have the god trio in RI next week. Only one can win so they will see who is gods favorite.

Count me in also I would love to see Rob win!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    sweetpea and JavaJo. I am with you all the way on this! I would love to see Rob win.

We will have the god trio in RI next week. Only one can win so they will see who is gods favorite.
    My money's on Ralph...

+ Reply to Thread