+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    According to Julie - The way they looked at it was that this was their game this time around not Rob or Russell's as they had both played before, so even if it had been Rob on their tribe the Zaps probably would have voted him off.
    She did say that (and she also said that they wouldn't have thrown a challenge to vote off Rob); however, there's no way of knowing how successful Rob may or may not have been at dissuading them of that idea had he actually been on the tribe and started working his charisma on them. And another thing to consider is that with Rob, the already strong Zapateras would probably have been near unbeatable in the challenges. I could see them winning the first 4 or 5 easily. That would have given Rob plenty of time to try to finagle something.

Regarding jury voting, since this RI concept is new, it's hard to know how the players really feel about it, and whether they see it as a legitimate way of earning a win or not, so trying to predict who might vote for Matt is kind of a crapshoot right now. I don't think we'll really have a clue until we hear the jury questions. And I also think it's premature to assume who will or won't be respected for their gameplay, since there is still the possibility of a lot of manipulation/strategizing/switches yet to come now that we are down to the final 6 Ometepes.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-30-2011 at 03:23 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    She did say that (and she also said that they wouldn't have thrown a challenge to vote off Rob); however, there's no way of knowing how successful Rob may or may not have been at dissuading them of that idea had he actually been on the tribe and started working his charisma on them. And another thing to consider is that with Rob, the already strong Zapateras would probably have been near unbeatable in the challenges. I could see them winning the first 4 or 5 easily. That would have given Rob plenty of time to try to finagle something.

Regarding jury voting, since this RI concept is new, it's hard to know how the players really feel about it, and whether they see it as a legitimate way of earning a win or not, so trying to predict who might vote for Matt is kind of a crapshoot right now. I don't think we'll really have a clue until we hear the jury questions. And I also think it's premature to assume who will or won't be respected for their gameplay, since there is still the possibility of a lot of manipulation/strategizing/switches yet to come now that we are down to the final 6 Ometepes.
    When it comes to the jury's questions, it's not just their questions either. It's the way they get answered. There have been a number of times where jurors have admitted to being torn about their vote and have let the answers decide it for them. I do think Fabio helped himself with offering answers that might have swayed some jurors last season.

To the Point

One of the things that we aren't really getting a true read on is just how easy or difficult things are on RI. While it seems that it would be a much easier situation to me, it may be more difficult to endure than it would seem. I think the perception of RI by those who have spent a day or two in that environment might also come into play should Matt make it back into the game. Also, Matt seems to make an effort to be nice to everyone. He truly does seem like a genuinely nice guy, regardless of where one stands regarding his beliefs and expression of said beliefs. Rob may have done himself in by the way he kept the two tribes so segregated. While Rob is truly charismatic and charming, he hasn't been to the other tribe. He treated them like non-entities and now those will be the votes that determine the winner.

That's true NCLurker, Rob could definitely have tried to keep his followers segregated, BUT also make some attempt to ingratiate himself with the Zap members, just in case they make up a big bulk of the jury if he makes the F2/3. BUT then again, maybe he has to some extent. I remember someone on the Zap tribe saying "well done" to him after they voted Matt out the 2nd time, probably David, and he said "Thanks Man, I appreciate that" meaning he was, at that point, being gracious and seemed friendly with the Zaps. We don't know, maybe they are more ticked off with Phillip than Rob at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That's true NCLurker, Rob could definitely have tried to keep his followers segregated, BUT also make some attempt to ingratiate himself with the Zap members, just in case they make up a big bulk of the jury if he makes the F2/3. BUT then again, maybe he has to some extent. I remember someone on the Zap tribe saying "well done" to him after they voted Matt out the 2nd time, probably David, and he said "Thanks Man, I appreciate that" meaning he was, at that point, being gracious and seemed friendly with the Zaps. We don't know, maybe they are more ticked off with Phillip than Rob at this point.
    It seems to me that they have chopped a LOT of dialog and stuff around camp from the show this season. I can't imagine that they've gone all day, every day, not speaking to or getting to know anything about each other. Maybe not as much as usual, but to some extent, I'd say they have. Another reason I believe this to be true is ...Rob is smart. He's already figured out that if he makes it to the finals that he's going to need some of the Zaps votes. For some reason, they aren't showing us any of this. Maybe it's part of their storytelling this season but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they have sat and chatted as a group. If for no other reason....boredom.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    It seems to me that they have chopped a LOT of dialog and stuff around camp from the show this season. I can't imagine that they've gone all day, every day, not speaking to or getting to know anything about each other. Maybe not as much as usual, but to some extent, I'd say they have. Another reason I believe this to be true is ...Rob is smart. He's already figured out that if he makes it to the finals that he's going to need some of the Zaps votes. For some reason, they aren't showing us any of this. Maybe it's part of their storytelling this season but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they have sat and chatted as a group. If for no other reason....boredom.
    I think they are seperated in camp, for sure. Rob would see to it that no bonds were formed by any of his alliance. He is adamant about that and it is a smart strategy.

The dispute over the rice illustrated just how divided they are. They eat seperately and had the food divided. Rob laid low during the altercation and let Philip and a girl go to battle on the maggot situation.

He knows he needs zap votes should he make it to the end so I think he is cordial and perhaps has exchanged an eye roll or two over Philip. Zaps observe him interacting with his alliance and experience his wit and easy going nature. He wants to be respected for playing a good game and is aware of zaps observing him.

Every season, if memory serves, there is a competition that involves a quiz about how welll they know each other. It will be interesting to see if any of Ome have picked up enough personal information from the zaps to answer correctly.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    I can't see them reintroducing the RI winner this soon, especially since Jeff revealed that on the last episode, there would still be 8 people in play. Wouldn't that indicate that the RI angle has to be around until then? (I can't imagine they plan to put a total of 3 people back in; that's just ridiculous.) Also, as to Rob's statement, there is a chance that it was edited in such a way to make it sound like a fait accompli, instead of just speculation on his part. For example, maybe he was hypothesizing and said, "If Matt gets back in the game now (or if Andrea can convince the girls to flip, or if Phillip kills Grant because his dead grandfather told him to), it would mean 32 days of hard work gone". It doesn't necessarily mean any of those things have actually happened. I'm sure the editors are going to attempt to imply that a blindside of Rob is imminent in every preview until it finally does happen (or he makes F3), to encourage viewers to continue to watch, and not assume that the ending is predictable.
    It's clear how the rest of the RI twist will work out. Usually there are 2 elimantion tribal counsels in the final episode so it will probably start with 4 people still in the main part of the game. Then until this point, only the person who gets in last place in the duels will be eliminated. Counting the persin who got eliminated in the episode before, there will be 4 people on RI at the start of the finale. Then there will be one more regular, single elimination duel on RI followed by a IC and a TC within the main game. The 4 on redemption island at that point will compete in a special duel in which only the winner will get to rejoin the game. There will then be one last IC and TC within the main game followed by a final tribal counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think they are seperated in camp, for sure. Rob would see to it that no bonds were formed by any of his alliance. He is adamant about that and it is a smart strategy.

The dispute over the rice illustrated just how divided they are. They eat seperately and had the food divided. Rob laid low during the altercation and let Philip and a girl go to battle on the maggot situation.

He knows he needs zap votes should he make it to the end so I think he is cordial and perhaps has exchanged an eye roll or two over Philip. Zaps observe him interacting with his alliance and experience his wit and easy going nature. He wants to be respected for playing a good game and is aware of zaps observing him.

Every season, if memory serves, there is a competition that involves a quiz about how welll they know each other. It will be interesting to see if any of Ome have picked up enough personal information from the zaps to answer correctly.
    I don't think they've had 'love fests' sitting around the campfire, but they did air a scene where Philip and the girls were sitting around the fire chatting. The Zaps were fishing for chinks in the armor but Philip halted it. Said they weren't talking anything game with them but they'd be more than happy to talk about Ralph's farm and such. That is what leads me to believe they have gotten to know each other a little bit. I don't think it's been anything too deep, but a few civil conversations about jobs, kids and where they are from seems absolutely plausible to me. Rob is too cunning to completely forgo that part of the gameplay. I do agree that for the most part they've kept their distance but I do think there have been a couple of superficial chats.

And I agree...if they do have that challenge it will be interesting to see how much they do know about them.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by march View Post
    There would be 5 Zaps - David, Mike, Julie, Steve and Ralph.
    And yes I could see them all voting for Matt if he made it to the final 3, especially after the way they were treated by the Omes after the merge.
    I can see David voting for Rob. David was a strategist and he has voiced his admiration for Rob's game play. David was never one of the hard core Zaps. Also Ralph is a bit of a strategist would he or wouldn't he vote for Rob? It all depends on who returns from Redemption Island. At this point in the game if a Zap makes it back in he will be voted right out again unless he has immunity.

What confuses me is that at one point I remember Jeff saying (in his blog?) that there will be 8 people on RI with a chance of any of them coming back into the game. Cause right now there are 4 people on RI, and it looks like that will remain the number until the cut off when some one will go back into the game and the remaining people will become jury members.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 05-01-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't think they've had 'love fests' sitting around the campfire, but they did air a scene where Philip and the girls were sitting around the fire chatting. The Zaps were fishing for chinks in the armor but Philip halted it. Said they weren't talking anything game with them but they'd be more than happy to talk about Ralph's farm and such. That is what leads me to believe they have gotten to know each other a little bit. I don't think it's been anything too deep, but a few civil conversations about jobs, kids and where they are from seems absolutely plausible to me. Rob is too cunning to completely forgo that part of the gameplay. I do agree that for the most part they've kept their distance but I do think there have been a couple of superficial chats.

And I agree...if they do have that challenge it will be interesting to see how much they do know about them.
    I missed that comment. I think you are right. Some general chit chat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast