+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 4/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Originally Posted by ironcat
    I can't see them reintroducing the RI winner this soon, especially since Jeff revealed that on the last episode, there would still be 8 people in play. Wouldn't that indicate that the RI angle has to be around until then? (I can't imagine they plan to put a total of 3 people back in; that's just ridiculous.) Also, as to Rob's statement, there is a chance that it was edited in such a way to make it sound like a fait accompli, instead of just speculation on his part. For example, maybe he was hypothesizing and said, "If Matt gets back in the game now (or if Andrea can convince the girls to flip, or if Phillip kills Grant because his dead grandfather told him to), it would mean 32 days of hard work gone". It doesn't necessarily mean any of those things have actually happened. I'm sure the editors are going to attempt to imply that a blindside of Rob is imminent in every preview until it finally does happen (or he makes F3), to encourage viewers to continue to watch, and not assume that the ending is predictable.
    I just hope producers will allow Rob to win this time around so we don't have to see him again. If Rob and Russell had been put on the same tribe maybe it wouldn't have been so predictable. Viewers wanted Russell out so he was put on a tribe that wouldn't put up with his crap. Rob was put on a tribe that leans toward immaturity, they all think Rob is King and he will take each of them to the end. Lucky Rob being the brains of immature air heads and a special agent. Hope this is his last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    Viewers wanted Russell out so he was put on a tribe that wouldn't put up with his crap. Rob was put on a tribe that leans toward immaturity, they all think Rob is King and he will take each of them to the end. Lucky Rob being the brains of immature air heads and a special agent. Hope this is his last season.
    So, since Rob and Russell were assigned to their respective tribes by a random pull of buffs out of a box(?), do you believe that it was all fixed, and the producers orchestrated Rob pulling the orange buff because they intended for him to be on that tribe all along? And was Rob in on it? And did Russell know he was doomed from the start and only brought back for viewer revenge? Wow, it's nice to know that we have so much power that our wishes superceded those of Jeff, who almost went into mourning when Russell was eliminated early.

You catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar. Rob got along with the majority of his tribe and was instrumental in helping them win immunity challenges, which kept them happy. Russell's tribe had seen him play, knew he could be a cancer and destructive to his own tribe, so cut him out the first chance they got. It has nothing to do with a set up. If Rob had gone on the Zap tribe, gotten along with all of them pretty much, and led them to victory time and again, I highly doubt they would have gotten rid of him right off the bat like they did with Russell.

I keep reading about how Rob's tribe are all blind followers, but why on earth would they go against him until all the common enemies are gone? They have no reason to. There is 5 against 1 if they decided to get rid of Rob now, and even with the HII he'd have to win II from here on out in order to stay in. Chances are though that some see his as a good final partner to have, since people will be ticked with him being the "mastermind" and also the fact that he's played and sort of won before, so might not give him the $$. I'm sure it is going through more than a few minds.

FORT Fogey

I agree sweetpea. Those who hate Rob will always continue to find fault. He is witty, respectful, kind and adorable. You know they are having a good time in that tribe. Well, the game takes a turn now and there will have to be some unhappy players but I doubt anyone will walk away without respecting his cunning. What is not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    EXACTLY. The spin they put on this debacle was making my head woozy last night--I was like What the Hell?!?! Matt is a dummy and has less survivor sense than looney Phillip (but, to be fair, Phil does have his great great great grandfather on the island apparently) yet there is a very good chance he could make the finale and WIN! IF that happens then this will be the most disappointing season of Survivor EVER (and Ive seen almost all of them).

Unfortunately, I predicted that Zapatera was making a giant mistake with their blindly fanatical (and very illogical) "defeat Russell" campaign & would eventually be stomped out because of numbers. I also figured Rob would make it far because his tribe is full of a bunch of dummies who are content to ride his coattails and risk him sliding into the finale with immunity wins (although if he does lose immunity I do think they will vote him out). So, it stands to reason that I might be correct (please NO!) about this Matt problem and if so I consider it be a gigantic failure on the part of the people behind Survivor. Did they really not consider the fact that a contestant on RI would be in an excellent postition to win without actually playing the GAME--1) they havent ticked off or betrayed many tribemates 2) they even get to bond with the latest eliminated tribemate over their mutual oust 3)they can make a case that they survived on RI!

It will be such a travesty if this moron makes it anywhere near the finals. And for the record Im really not down with this whole RI concept--when your outwitted, outplayed & outlasted...well.... you should be OUT!
    I think some of the viewing audience has sympathy for Matt and would if they could vote for him to win the game. I don't doubt that either Rob and or Matt would both be voted fan favorite. The thing is that the votes that matter are the jury votes not the audience votes. I don't think anyone is going to vote for someone who basically got voted out of the game twice. At this point in the game I don't think Matt has a chance of winning any votes from the jury members.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think some of the viewing audience has sympathy for Matt and would if they could vote for him to win the game. I don't doubt that either Rob and or Matt would both be voted fan favorite. The thing is that the votes that matter are the jury votes not the audience votes. I don't think anyone is going to vote for someone who basically got voted out of the game twice. At this point in the game I don't think Matt has a chance of winning any votes from the jury members.
    I think that whether or not Matt receives votes (if he is indeed part of the F3) is dependent upon who the other 2 are that make the F3 with him. And I do think that he would receive some if not all of the Zapatera votes, since they all spent time with him on RI.

Yes, Matt was voted off 2 times and sent to RI mainly because of Rob. But, he keeps on winning the challenges and has won the admiration of SOME of the other tribe members because of it.

I don't particularly like the RI twist, but Matt has performed well and continues to win. If he makes it back into the game, then he has earned it - per the rules of the RI twist. Like it or not, this is what the jury will also have to consider when casting their votes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I think Matt would have a chance of winning jury member votes if he got Rob's ideal final three: himself, one of the interchangeable girls who've not done much but ride Rob's coattails, and Phillip. Since the jury saw him win challenges repeatedly (and he'd have to win a lot of them to end up back in the game and still get to the finals--probably including an IC or two once he got back in the game), saw the girls do not much of anything, and saw way too much of Phillip in all kinds of ways, they might find him simply the least offensive possibility of the three, and he would have the same argument as Grant: at least he was consistently good at challenges. At that point, whoever's in the final can claim they were good at "outlasting" everyone else, none of those three would be particularly good at "outwitting" everyone else, and only Matt could argue he'd "outplayed" anyone.

I don't know that he'll ever make the final three, however. But then again, I don't know if Rob or anyone else will either. There are way too many variables in play, even beyond people's game play. People sometimes leave the game unexpectedly for any number of reasons, for instance (illness, injury, family emergency), and there's always the possibility of some kind of unexpected twist nobody knows about yet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    You catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar. Rob got along with the majority of his tribe and was instrumental in helping them win immunity challenges, which kept them happy. Russell's tribe had seen him play, knew he could be a cancer and destructive to his own tribe, so cut him out the first chance they got. It has nothing to do with a set up. If Rob had gone on the Zap tribe, gotten along with all of them pretty much, and led them to victory time and again, I highly doubt they would have gotten rid of him right off the bat like they did with Russell.
    According to Julie - The way they looked at it was that this was their game this time around not Rob or Russell's as they had both played before, so even if it had been Rob on their tribe the Zaps probably would have voted him off.

FORT Fan

I may be counting inaccurately, but correct me PLEASE if I am wrong....

If Matt were to be in the F3 with two Ometepe members, wouldn't that leave 4 Zaps and 4 Omes on the jury?? I can totally imagine all 4 Zaps voting for Matt, and chances are that the 4 Omes will split their votes. Wouldn't Matt win then??

I must be wrong in my perception...

There would be 5 Zaps - David, Mike, Julie, Steve and Ralph.
    And yes I could see them all voting for Matt if he made it to the final 3, especially after the way they were treated by the Omes after the merge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast