+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Life at Ponderosa - Redemption Island

Re: Life at Ponderosa - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Search for TheSonoerin on YouTube, that account has all the unavailable Survivor vids up
    But I don't understand why they're unavaliable. I used to be able to go back and rewatch older clips from Ponderosa on the CBS site and now I can't.

ETA - Thanks for the tip!! I found them and watched them all.
    Last edited by french dip; 05-06-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Just watched Steve's 2 Ponderosa clips, and was a little surprised. First, when he was talking about expecting to be "horny" out there, ?? Then, his interactions (or lack of) with David and Julie, and the way he talked, I don't know ... just made me look at him a little differently.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Just watched Steve's 2 Ponderosa clips, and was a little surprised. First, when he was talking about expecting to be "horny" out there, ?? Then, his interactions (or lack of) with David and Julie, and the way he talked, I don't know ... just made me look at him a little differently.
    He was extremely weak and tired; that is what we saw. He may be more animated next week when he has been there a few more days. Some former castaway told him he would be horny thus that comment. A younger stronger male, clearly.

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=Brooks;4285089]Just watched the three Julie segments. She's so bubbly and upbeat and in love with being at Ponderosa! David has had a great attitude too. I hope that rubs off on whoever shows up next.

Finally found the Julie segments. You're right--her attitude is tremendous, especially since she was worried about needing the money to save her house. I read an interview with her that indicated that Steve helped her out with some advice, because he deals with real estate issues all the time, and convinced her that as much as she didn't want to do it, declaring bankruptcy would allow her to save her house and set up a payment plan she could manage, which is what she eventually did--and she hasn't lost her house. So even if she didn't win a million dollars, she didn't lose her house.

I do worry a little that the attitude at Ponderosa may change when the first Ometepe tribe member eventually shows up. I'd like to think that the Zapateras would not freeze that person out, given how they were treated post-merge, but I suppose it's possible. It all depends, I guess, on how upset the Zapateras were by being shut out to the degree that they were. Maybe, aside from what it might have cost them in the game, they didn't care that much. Or they'll just figure it isn't worth it to be annoyed at someone who's now got no more chance to win than they do. Likewise, I hope that once there's more than one Ometepe member at Ponderosa that they don't cluster together either.

If neither the Zaps nor the Ometepes harbor any past ill will, and if everyone starts talking freely, it might be interesting to see if attitudes change at all, whether it affects the voting or not.

At any rate, I'd agree that the Ponderosa clips are actually more fun to watch right now than the show, because they're a little less predictable. I'd also add that I think it's great that they're allowing those at Ponderosa to have access to books. Might seem like a little thing, but it would drive me crazy not to have anything to read for that long. I can see why they might not want them watching/reading the news, but I'm happy that they're allowing them to read for pleasure.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also find it interesting that most of the time they seem to be keeping to themselves...floating in the pool with a drink and a book or watching the sunset alone. Yes, they gather for meals, but I think they are maybe really enjoying the chance NOT to have all that forced togetherness. On the island while nothing stops you from going off on your own it tends to isolate you, as we've seen in past seasons, and make it easier for people to vote you off--or to plot against you.
    And I totally agree about the BOOKS!
    I'm so glad to hear that about Julie's house. I loved how she seemed to be realizing that what she missed was not so much the people at home as the amenities! Once she was living in the lap of luxury it wasn't quite so painful to be separated from the family and the daily chores of family living!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I also find it interesting that most of the time they seem to be keeping to themselves...floating in the pool with a drink and a book or watching the sunset alone. Yes, they gather for meals, but I think they are maybe really enjoying the chance NOT to have all that forced togetherness. On the island while nothing stops you from going off on your own it tends to isolate you, as we've seen in past seasons, and make it easier for people to vote you off--or to plot against you.
    And I totally agree about the BOOKS!
    I'm so glad to hear that about Julie's house. I loved how she seemed to be realizing that what she missed was not so much the people at home as the amenities! Once she was living in the lap of luxury it wasn't quite so painful to be separated from the family and the daily chores of family living!
    I thought that was perhaps the only advantage of being sent to Redemption Island, at least in the beginning. You didn't have to worry about playing a social game constantly, because there was no one to play it with.

Heck, I think the lack of amenities would freak me out worse too. Most people have, for one reason or another (travel, work, college) been away from their family/friends for a month or more, but who goes that long without brushing their teeth or washing their hair? Eww. Considering the lack of reward challenges this season, where at least a few people got away for the day and often got a shower at the same time, it must be getting pretty stinky back at camp.

Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123