+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think everyone but Phillip realized that zap's rice was theirs. Andrea asked if they could use their urn, and the Zaps said no. Phillip was the one going off about the whole thing and pretty much escalated the issue. I don't think anyone from the Omatepe tribe said anything else about it, did they? I wonder what did happen with the rice. I guess it would have been impossible to haul the container down and scour it will with sea water, as it probably wouldn't have had time to dry thoroughly so any rice put back in would go mouldy immediately.

I don't agree with Phillip stealing their rice, either. That was totally rude and uncalled for. I think Rob had a confessional where he said that perhaps when all the Zap tribe were gone, the "old Phillip" would come back. I think they had Phillip in a good place before the merge, where he wasn't so hard to be around. Since the tribe, his behaviour has gone back to the first few days. Maybe he isn't good with new people, it throws him off and until he finds his place and adjusts, he's totally unhinged.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Yes...and #4- I'm thinking that they all may want to take him to the finals because their best chance of winning is against him.

I think if a Zap (or Matt) somehow manages to get to the final 2 (3?) that they will win. All the Zaps are on the jury and 'surviving' to the finals would certainly make them worthy of the prize (in the eyes of the jury anyway). I can't see any one of the Ometepes winning against Rob- he has run the entire show. I wonder if they can see that too. I think Grant has done well in challanges, but just looks like Rob's 'right-hand man' so I don't think even he has a chance. If somehow Rob gets voted out, I think the best chance anyone left has of winning is against Phillip. I have to say even as looney as he is, I would probably give him the money over the goddesses or Grant. He's had to overcome more to try and stay in the game and fight harder since the beginning, but everyone else just assumes no one will vote to give him the million because he's a loon.

I also don't think Matt deserves to win even if he miraculously makes it back in the game again. Yes, he may have 'outplayed' everyone (in challanges) and certainly 'outlasted' everyone (on RI), but he has 'outwitted' no one and I think that is a key part to the game, which is why I'm not a big fan of RI.
    I'm not sure anyone can ever predict how a jury might vote, because logic doesn't always have a lot to do with it. Over the years, there have been some pretty unexpected decisions by juries, perhaps because of things that the viewers never see. But juries can vote on a logical or completely emotional basis. They can vote for the person they think played best or the person they felt was the least irritating to them personally. Or they can vote merely to keep the money out of the hands of someone they feel screwed them personally, regardless of how well that person played the game. It isn't like a regular trial jury where people are supposed to vote based on the facts.

How the jury votes may be the last truly surprising move of the season or it may be the most predictable. There's just no way to tell, at least not until the jury gets to ask its questions (and maybe not even then).

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I think everyone but Phillip realized that zap's rice was theirs. Andrea asked if they could use their urn, and the Zaps said no. Phillip was the one going off about the whole thing and pretty much escalated the issue. I don't think anyone from the Omatepe tribe said anything else about it, did they? I wonder what did happen with the rice. I guess it would have been impossible to haul the container down and scour it will with sea water, as it probably wouldn't have had time to dry thoroughly so any rice put back in would go mouldy immediately.

I don't agree with Phillip stealing their rice, either. That was totally rude and uncalled for. I think Rob had a confessional where he said that perhaps when all the Zap tribe were gone, the "old Phillip" would come back. I think they had Phillip in a good place before the merge, where he wasn't so hard to be around. Since the tribe, his behaviour has gone back to the first few days. Maybe he isn't good with new people, it throws him off and until he finds his place and adjusts, he's totally unhinged.
    All I know is that at tribal I was hoping Steve would just reply to the crazy with a "the man is wearing a feather on his head and a loincloth over his pink underwear"....but maybe then he would have been accused of being racist against natives since Pocahantas was Phillip's great-great ancestor.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

I thought Andrea said there was a crack in their rice urn, or something like that, so that even if they cleaned it out, it would still be possible for the mold and maggots to creep back in eventually. If their urn had sustained some damage that couldn't be fixed, there really wouldn't have been any point in cleaning it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    All I know is that at tribal I was hoping Steve would just reply to the crazy with a "the man is wearing a feather on his head and a loincloth over his pink underwear"....but maybe then he would have been accused of being racist against natives since Pocahantas was Phillip's great-great ancestor.
    I wish someone would have pointed out to Phillip that Francesca thought he was crazy too, and she's African-American. In fact, she was the first person (so far as we know) to call him crazy.

It also doesn't help your case much if you react to being called crazy by saying that you might just go off at any moment. An inability to control angry/dangerous behavior is pretty much a key characteristic of being crazy.

I think Steve had a point when he remarked that perhaps Phillip was no longer a federal agent, because his behavior became too unstable for the agency to ignore. I'd think a federal agent would have to be able to stand a lot more in the way of negative reactions than someone calling him/her crazy as mildly as Steve did.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    "the man is wearing a feather on his head and a loincloth over his pink underwear"....but maybe then he would have been accused of being racist
    I'll admit I was kind of wondering whether Phillip was being edited to appear the stereotype...

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm not sure anyone can ever predict how a jury might vote, because logic doesn't always have a lot to do with it. Over the years, there have been some pretty unexpected decisions by juries, perhaps because of things that the viewers never see. But juries can vote on a logical or completely emotional basis. They can vote for the person they think played best or the person they felt was the least irritating to them personally. Or they can vote merely to keep the money out of the hands of someone they feel screwed them personally, regardless of how well that person played the game. It isn't like a regular trial jury where people are supposed to vote based on the facts.

How the jury votes may be the last truly surprising move of the season or it may be the most predictable. There's just no way to tell, at least not until the jury gets to ask its questions (and maybe not even then).
    ITA with this, and I also think that it is premature to assume that everyone there has already made their minds up who they would/will vote for, as there is still a lot of the game left to play out for them (even if some viewers are bored with it), and many things could still happen to change people's perceptions of who is most "deserving", whatever that means.

A few notes, mostly Phillip but others too.

1. I am surprised that Phillip wasn't removed from the game - by production. There really was IMHO a chance that he would go to blows over something he did admittedly blow out of proportion.

Sorry, but I know many African Americans called "crazy" and none too it to mean racist or based it on slavery or the like.

I can understand that this is a game and they're hungry and tired, but this was too much and given the threats to people's safety, it's was grounds to remove him.

2. Julie should've been ejected for messing with people's personal stuff anyway. I thought this was against the rules. I personally found her antics and attitude toward him just witchy. While I can surmise that being near Phillip is annoying, if anyone had the right to do that it was indeed Steve, not her.

3. Matt is starting to look like a saint and the like - having to suffer and hopefully become blessed and return again. I'm sorry, he seems to be a nice enough guy and I like he's strong in his faith, but if he wins it will be worse than Natalie or Vee's wins in this game. He's been voted out twice and if he returns again and is voted out a third time, he should be out for good.

4. The rice - as much as I understand Zap's reasonings, if they gave some of the rice to the other tribe they may have gotten some good will and gotten Phillip out of this game instead of Julie for at least three more days.

And while those pots are not air tight, they still should've been able to protect that rice, so it is Ometepe's fault. I do agree though the bad rice needed to not be mixed in with the good rice.

5. From the sound of things we are going to have a double elim. soon and determine who gets to go into the game one more time in RI. Jeff made it clear that Rob had immunity for at least one more day, so this is most likely the case.

Out of the remaining players, simply put Rob should win, but he will not because no one is going to reward a repeat winner. I think that Matt will have the best chance because he's not irked anyone on either tribe - he's spoken honestly and openly and because of good sportsmanship was voted out.

By playing this game solo most of the season, Matt is building up a good foundation to make a case should he be in the final three: "I played this game for over 20 days solo. I've won all these challenges, I didn't irritate any of you guys, and played this game with true honor and respect."

He may actually win this for those reasons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    ITA with this, and I also think that it is premature to assume that everyone there has already made their minds up who they would/will vote for, as there is still a lot of the game left to play out for them (even if some viewers are bored with it), and many things could still happen to change people's perceptions of who is most "deserving", whatever that means.
    Heck, some people walk into the final tribal council claiming they still haven't made up their minds who to vote for--or at least that's what they say.

I will say this: if Phillip ends up on the jury, we may end up with the kind of last question/speech to the finalists that we haven't seen since Sue in season one (though I doubt he'd be able to sustain a clear simile for as long as Sue did).

Phillips FTC juror question, if he doesn't make the F3/2 will be nonsensical at best, and most likely have completely nothing to do with the game of Survivor. We'll be shaking our heads. Others will be laughing.

I wonder if production gave them a new rice container?? I agree, it was a stupid idea to put the contaminated rice in with the good stuff. That was a crazy suggestion, indeed. But they can't eat rotten rice or they will all get sick. Hmmm... I think production stepped in and we just won't see it.

+ Reply to Thread