+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone called Rob out at TC and asked him who he's taking to the final 3? Most seasons when a tribe starts getting picked off and the obvious sub alliances emerge in the other tribe, I'm always curious why more people don't call them out and ask how it'll break down when they're gone.

Phillip is crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing a final 3 speech on why he should win. If he isn't in the final 3 his jury questioning should be interesting. I think he's a loon, but he's entertaining because he's so delusional. I'm glad Julie let him know she's the one who took his swim trunks, to take him down a peg. Should be interesting if that comes up the next episode.

I'm bored by everyone following Rob. The two girls (Natalie and Ashley?) do nothing for me. I don't see the point in keeping 3 people at RI. Everyone else is kind of dull and don't seem to be very inspired out there. Oh well, there's always next season. And maybe time for this one to turn around.

Matt is just sickening. Enough of the God talk. It sounds delusional to be honest, he just redirects personal responsibility and ANY outcome to God's doing. God is the source of anything and everything to him.

Philip, if you want the other's rice, you need to offer them more than cold shoulders and small talk (you also need permission from Rob to eat it). It ain't a unified tribe. Remember last week when Ralph said that the game was supposed to one tribe when merged? You dismissed that then but now it's ok since you're hungry. This is why you're hungry.

Was tribal council a joke? Having the host repeat EVERYTHING was pure filler. They don't have enough real material anymore!

Rob is already the winner. Just give him the million already. We can see how this will go: off Grant and Andrea, the only 2 who have actual meaning, and in the end it's Rob joined by one or both of the useless girls or Phillip and why award any of them the money? Whoever comes back from Redemption will get steamrolled if this keeps up.

I wonder why they picked Julie to vote out instead of the 2 guys.Maybe they still think Zap has found a HII and the most obvious vote would have been for one of the guys so they figured they would vote Julie as they wouldn't be expecting it. Maybe?? Don't know...

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Did anyone else wonder if the production crew has to be extremely vigilant, given Philip's threats to others and his irrational behavior? And he has access to a machete. If I were on that set, I'm not sure I'd stay in the game because of fears for my personal safety at the hands of a man who has already said he could snap. I'm serious - this guy has more than one screw loose, and LOTS of marbles missing. We would have heard on the news if he actually "went off" and hurt someone, but just his threats have given me a serious case of the creeps.

One more question about Phillip. How does stealing rice from others fit into his constant pronouncements that he is a man of honor and integrity?
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    One more question about Phillip. How does stealing rice from others fit into his constant pronouncements that he is a man of honor and integrity?
    *queue long winded story where Philip deems himself a modern day Robin Hood*

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Moreover, he ended up stealing the rice for nothing, because they discovered shortly thereafter that their entire rice supply was contaminated by mold and maggots and who knows what else.

I don't suppose this will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ometepe came down with something dire from eating the contaminated rice. Just because you pick out the obvious mold and maggots doesn't mean it's now fit to eat.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but has anyone called Rob out at TC and asked him who he's taking to the final 3? Most seasons when a tribe starts getting picked off and the obvious sub alliances emerge in the other tribe, I'm always curious why more people don't call them out and ask how it'll break down when they're gone.

Phillip is crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing a final 3 speech on why he should win. If he isn't in the final 3 his jury questioning should be interesting. I think he's a loon, but he's entertaining because he's so delusional. I'm glad Julie let him know she's the one who took his swim trunks, to take him down a peg. Should be interesting if that comes up the next episode.

I'm bored by everyone following Rob. The two girls (Natalie and Ashley?) do nothing for me. I don't see the point in keeping 3 people at RI. Everyone else is kind of dull and don't seem to be very inspired out there. Oh well, there's always next season. And maybe time for this one to turn around.
    I'd roll off the couch laughing if the jury handed the million to Phillip just to avoid handing it to Rob or one of his goddesses. However, Phillip has been so annoying as of late that I'm not sure they'd do that.

I noticed Rob didn't have that much to say this episode, but at one point, he did say that it's probably not good for the game for one person to have so much power, but that as long as someone did, he was glad it was him. That may not be an exact quote, but it's close. He didn't seem to be joking around when he said it either. Obviously, even though this is his fourth try, Rob's probably seen a lot more seasons of Survivor than he's played. I think even he knows that all the blind following his team has been doing and the lack of fight the opposing team is showing (beyond the challenges, where I think they have been sincerely trying) is not making for riveting viewing. He's probably also cagey enough to realize it would be better for him in the long run if the season were more engaging if he wants to extend his fifteen minutes of fame even further than he already has.

So at the beginning Matt was having a breakdown and says he doesn't want to be there anymore, but he'll stay of God really wants him to be there. Ok, at this point I am getting fed up with Matt. I think it's ok with God for a person to have an opinion, a goal, make a decision all on their own. If you don't want to be there, then don't make the house of cards and go home (or to the jury, anyway). I am fascinated by his ability to make every decision, every action, every consequence, everything that happens to him about God's will, and not his own. I get that it sucked, if you came out to play Survivor, to be kicked out early twice and have to spend so much time on RI which is like the detention room for Survivors, nobody there most of the time, nothing to do, nobody to talk to, etc. Sucks to be in that position, but he's really starting to bug me. If he gets back in and wins this game I will be really mad.

Kudos to Jeff for diffusing an ugly situation.

Phil, you are truly a wacko, but I can't help but feel a little sorry for you.

Julie, grow up. I get that he was a pain to live with, but stealing his shorts and burying them is the act of a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    *queue long winded story where Philip deems himself a modern day Robin Hood*
    Oh. Silly me! You are absolutely right. That is exactly what he would do!!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread