+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Tilden, you're probably right about the 'good' versus 'evil' thing. although at this point, i've completely lost interest in Matt making off redemption. look what happened last time. he left his reasoning power back on redemption, and quickly returned to join it...it's dumber versus dumb if you ask me

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia View Post
    Tilden, you're probably right about the 'good' versus 'evil' thing. although at this point, i've completely lost interest in Matt making off redemption. look what happened last time. he left his reasoning power back on redemption, and quickly returned to join it...it's dumber versus dumb if you ask me
    Like I said, I didn't think it was a good idea, but they might feel they just don't have a whole lot of reasonable alternatives. The only people they've given much camera time to are Rob, Phillip, and Matt, and they're getting hammered in the ratings by AI (not that anyone else is doing any better against AI but still...). They've got to try to set up something to regenerate viewer interest beyond those interested in watching Rob. Even if Phillip turned on Rob, he's just coming off as too strange for most viewers to sympathize with, and he hasn't really proved himself if any way. Matt's constant references to religion may bug the heck out of some viewers, but he's at least not running around in pink panties, and he's been good at one thing--the RI challenges--which is one thing more than Phillip's been good at so far. If Grant or Andrea would stop being utterly loyal disciples of Rob, they might switch some more coverage to them, but right now, they're not especially dramatically interesting and ratings have slipped from the series opener.

I'd be curious to know whether Matt really talks about nothing other than his religion or if they're just taking hours of coverage and then editing it down to focus on that. I know some people who were just interviewed at length because their employer was having a 150th anniversary and wanted commentary to use in a documentary. One of them had hours of comments cut to one line. The other had all his footage end up on the cutting room floor. That's why I'm wondering if Matt is really that constant in his God talk or if they've just decided to focus on that. If they're taping him 24/7, they've got a lot to choose from. But if they want to try and create some possible "good vs. evil" confrontation between Matt and Rob, they'd likely focus even more heavily on Matt being Job-like.

I'm actually not that surprised that they showed a clip of Matt breaking down for next week. He's had to play an entirely different game than the one he thought he signed up for, and even if that's pretty much due to his own naivete, it might still be a difficult thing with which to deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Part of me thinks Julie admitted to the panty raid as a point of honor with poor Steve who was being blamed for it.
    I thought she may have admitted to burying his shorts to show how "intuitive" his skills as a former FBI agent really were. He was SURE that Steve did it, and by her admission, makes him appear even more foolish. And I loved her remark to him upon her exit.

I also am tiring of the show. It is too predictable with the tribe following Shepherd Rob like sheep... I hope next week something fun and exciting happens or I will probably start looking for the Ponderosa episodes online. They'll be more entertaining.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Wow. Captain Pink Panties is certifiable.

LMAO at that!!!!

I agree with you fiji, I think Julie was trying to demonstrate just how 'astute' P's 'people reading' skills are...(zero out of 10). What was it she said in her departing speech? That Redemption would be a relief after camp with Phillip...or something like that.

I thought Jeff did a really good job at Tribal Council. At first I was cringing at Phillip's outburst, but the discussion helped me to see his side of view better. He's still crazy though! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    I thought Jeff did a really good job at Tribal Council. At first I was cringing at Phillip's outburst, but the discussion helped me to see his side of view better. He's still crazy though! LOL
    I felt the same way. And yeah Phillip is definately looney tunes!

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post
    I too thought Jeff did a good job - ok an ok job. I still think the race card being thrown out is over the top and Phillip did it. I haven't lived in his shoes and he hasn't lived in my shoes. The race card is the cheapest and most condescending way out of an argument. At first I kind of liked Phillip because he was so looney. Now, I just see him as the biggest raciest ever on Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by i_used2bophelia View Post
    I agree with you fiji, I think Julie was trying to demonstrate just how 'astute' P's 'people reading' skills are...(zero out of 10). What was it she said in her departing speech? That Redemption would be a relief after camp with Phillip...or something like that.
    She said (to him) that she guessed he wasn't gonna ever find his shorts. And, he smiled.

It is really annoying that the former Zaps are doing NOTHING to try to shake things up! And I don't think it is the edit. If they were aggressively approaching some of Rob's Zombies (), and putting doubt in some minds about where they each stand in that alliance, that footage surely would be shown. It would be far more interesting than the rolling-over-and-dying approach they have adopted. They deserve to be picked off one-by-one, but it sure is boring.

At least loony Phillip (don't want to call him crazy) is adding some drama to the proceedings.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread