+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 146

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #131
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    And Russell burning someone's socks was a good thing? Hiding the machete was morally right?
    Nowhere did I say that Russell's moves were morally right. However, what he did were, in his eyes, strategic moves. At no point did Julie mention anything strategic about what she was doing, and I don't believe that what she did was strategic in her mind. It was simply a petty, vindictive poke for no valid reason at a man she does not like at all. He's crazy, she's nasty - the whole thing really is a wash.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  2. #132
    FORT Fogey luvlady345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sunny, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,136

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    If you go back and watch his tirade, he never once equates being called crazy with being called the n-word. Jeff gave him that excuse; he fed it to him. Philip was trying to justify what he said after the fact. Philip never mentioned that beforehand.
    Also, a couple of other notes: He had been called crazy a lot before that happened and he never said anything like that. And, he called Francesca crazy. If he felt that calling someone crazy was that grievous of an offense, wouldn't he not do so himself?
    Obviously, nobody can know what another person is thinking. But, I personally interpret all of these things as Philip using the "out" Jeff gave him to justify his actions which were not motivated by racial injustice but by simple old-fashioned anger. He was in the corner, angry and frustrated, and pulled the race card out. Seems pretty clear-cut to me.
    But, of course, this is just my opinion - based upon what I heard and saw. Which is what this forum is about.
    Well I wasn't privy to the whole TC, it was edit so I don't know what really happen......But all I am saying if someone feels that someone is being racist towards them it's their feelings and no one can say that it's not justified....It's their feelings an I also thought Jeff did a very good job...

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,419

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    You're welcome.

    I don't think it would have been a wise move strategically for any of the other Omes to try to get into the middle of Phillip's altercation with the Zaps, and I suspect that's why nobody did. In fact, they probably all figured it actually helped their game strategically to let Phillip appear "crazy" and take all the heat, and keep it off of the rest of them. Would it have been a noble response to the situation in real life? Certainly not, but this is a game for $1MM, not real life.
    From what I remember, Andrea was standing nearby, and did try to speak up, saying something like "no..." that's not what he meant. Phillip shut her up and kept on. Rob and Grant were conspicuously staying out of it. Who knows where the little girls were - tanning, picking, giggling??!

  4. #134
    FORT Fanatic momsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Nowhere did I say that Russell's moves were morally right. However, what he did were, in his eyes, strategic moves. At no point did Julie mention anything strategic about what she was doing, and I don't believe that what she did was strategic in her mind. It was simply a petty, vindictive poke for no valid reason at a man she does not like at all. He's crazy, she's nasty - the whole thing really is a wash.
    getting him to blow up and get voted off, pretty strategic.

  5. #135
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine View Post
    getting him to blow up and get voted off, pretty strategic.
    I don't believe we ever heard her state that was why she did it, did we? And it didn't work either, so it wasn't a well thought out strategy, if it was strategy at all.

  6. #136
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    81

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Do we know whether Jeff looks at video between the meetings for challenges? Or talks to the producers? There are times when he seems to know what's going on inside the teams, and others when he seems to know less than we viewers do. What does he do all day if he's not keeping tabs on the teams and talking to the crew?

  7. #137
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by fan999 View Post
    Do we know whether Jeff looks at video between the meetings for challenges? Or talks to the producers? There are times when he seems to know what's going on inside the teams, and others when he seems to know less than we viewers do. What does he do all day if he's not keeping tabs on the teams and talking to the crew?
    I don't know about the videos between the meetings but I do know he does talk to producers and sometimes the players but they aren't allowed to talk too often...next week if you have twitter ask him..he does what he calls a live living room interactive while the show is on and answers questions from people and gives us his thoughts and comments on things he doesn't see
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  8. #138
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,110

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't know about the videos between the meetings but I do know he does talk to producers and sometimes the players but they aren't allowed to talk too often...next week if you have twitter ask him..he does what he calls a live living room interactive while the show is on and answers questions from people and gives us his thoughts and comments on things he doesn't see
    And let us know what you find out! I feel he has at least been told to bring up certain issues....

  9. #139
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,018

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And let us know what you find out! I feel he has at least been told to bring up certain issues....
    I agree. He must watch the tapes. He is the one that brought up the point of the blowup at camp between Phil and Steve to begin with. He is way too leading with his questions to not know what is going on.

  10. #140
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    81

    Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Did anyone else wonder if the production crew has to be extremely vigilant, given Philip's threats to others and his irrational behavior? And he has access to a machete. If I were on that set, I'm not sure I'd stay in the game because of fears for my personal safety at the hands of a man who has already said he could snap. I'm serious - this guy has more than one screw loose, and LOTS of marbles missing. We would have heard on the news if he actually "went off" and hurt someone, but just his threats have given me a serious case of the creeps.
    This is an interesting question. In 20+ seasons of Survivor around 400 players, often selected for their personality quirks, have been dropped into this intense, high-stress environment. There must be some plan for dealing with somebody who freaks out. What is the plan? Are there counselors on set behind-the-scenes? Are security people prepared to intervene? When Phillip starts talking about settling things "mano a mano" and waving a machete, that should be a real cause for concern. I'm sure you'd get thrown out for hitting somebody; it would be easy to impose a similar rule about threatening or intimidating behavior. No matter what kind of releases the players sign, CBS can't let these guys kill each other.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.