+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/20 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    She didn't do it as a Russell Hantz move, she did it because she's a petty, vindictive bitch, and if she had any moral core whatsoever she would be ashamed of herself.
    And Russell burning someone's socks was a good thing? Hiding the machete was morally right?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I agree! I did not think Jeff handled it well at all! He acted as if Philip had justification in his ridiculous rant. Jeff should have called Philip out on the whole thing and not given any credence to his tirade at all.
    I am not one of Phillip's fans but how can you say that his feelings aren't justified? It's his feelings so what if they don't line up with the majority felt, no one knows if being called crazy is a tigger point for him or some might have used it in a racist way toward him, we just don't know....He is allowed to feel the way he wants to feel...

I just saw a short clip of next weeks episode where Jeff throws a mystery package to Steve and tells him to bring it to TC. In the clip you can see Phillip sitting next to Ralph, and guess what? Phillip has is swim trunks on!!!! I guess that Julie must have told him where they were or production went and dug them up or he found them on his own. Hopefully, we will find that out next Wednesday, but he definitely had the swim trunks on in that clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just saw a short clip of next weeks episode where Jeff throws a mystery package to Steve and tells him to bring it to TC. In the clip you can see Phillip sitting next to Ralph, and guess what? Phillip has is swim trunks on!!!! I guess that Julie must have told him where they were or production went and dug them up or he found them on his own. Hopefully, we will find that out next Wednesday, but he definitely had the swim trunks on in that clip.
    I wonder if they have more than one piece of the same clothes. I thought I was seeing things when Grant is wearing the same orange tank top which Mike ripped to shreads during a IC.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2 View Post
    I wonder if they have more than one piece of the same clothes. I thought I was seeing things when Grant is wearing the same orange tank top which Mike ripped to shreads during a IC.
    Jeff said a couple of weeks ago that the girls repaired Grant's shirt using the sewing kit (we saw it first episode: had scraps of fabric, needles, thread, etc.)
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    I hate that the Zap tribe came to this, but I still remember Julie saying (after they threw the challenge to vote out Russell)), "I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the arse" (my words, but close). I was wondering after the episode ended just how things might have turned out if they HAD won that challenge, then THEY would have been up by two, right? I don't recall exactly, but weren't they up by one when they threw it, making the two tribes equal? They tried to outwit the game, but got eaten up by the numbers. Sad.

I can't believe the gall of the Ometepe's to expect the Zap's to share their rice with them. Wasn't too long ago that, after the merge, when the rain was pouring down, the Zap's weren't allowed to sleep under the dry, tarp-covered shelter of the Ometepes. Pay back's a bitch.
    The Zaps were up by 2 when they threw the challenge. Omes had already sent home Francesca and Matt, so Zaps would have been up by 3 had they won the challenge.

As has been mentioned repeatedly here, the only Ome who had the gall to expect the rice to be shared was Phillip. Andrea asked nicely about sharing the container and was refused; she accepted that decision without an argument. All the rest of the Omes seemed quite resigned to the fact that the Zaps weren't going to help them out as payback for their earlier actions, and from what we were shown, none of them even bitched about it. They all, other than Phillip, who we really don't know what his motivation was for throwing a fit (and I sometimes wonder if he does either), appeared to get that this was all part of the game and moved on.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I am not one of Phillip's fans but how can you say that his feelings aren't justified? It's his feelings so what if they don't line up with the majority felt, no one knows if being called crazy is a tigger point for him or some might have used it in a racist way toward him, we just don't know....He is allowed to feel the way he wants to feel...
    If you go back and watch his tirade, he never once equates being called crazy with being called the n-word. Jeff gave him that excuse; he fed it to him. Philip was trying to justify what he said after the fact. Philip never mentioned that beforehand.
    Also, a couple of other notes: He had been called crazy a lot before that happened and he never said anything like that. And, he called Francesca crazy. If he felt that calling someone crazy was that grievous of an offense, wouldn't he not do so himself?
    Obviously, nobody can know what another person is thinking. But, I personally interpret all of these things as Philip using the "out" Jeff gave him to justify his actions which were not motivated by racial injustice but by simple old-fashioned anger. He was in the corner, angry and frustrated, and pulled the race card out. Seems pretty clear-cut to me.
    But, of course, this is just my opinion - based upon what I heard and saw. Which is what this forum is about.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    The Zaps were up by 2 when they threw the challenge. Omes had already sent home Francesca and Matt, so Zaps would have been up by 3 had they won the challenge.
    Thanks, I knew it was at least one - being up by two, if it had held until the merge would certainly have flipped things, wouldn't it?

As has been mentioned repeatedly here, the only Ome who had the gall to expect the rice to be shared was Phillip. Andrea asked nicely about sharing the container and was refused; she accepted that decision without an argument. All the rest of the Omes seemed quite resigned to the fact that the Zaps weren't going to help them out as payback for their earlier actions, and from what we were shown, none of them even bitched about it. They all, other than Phillip, who we really don't know what his motivation was for throwing a fit (and I sometimes wonder if he does either), appeared to get that this was all part of the game and moved on.
    Yes, as I mentioned I'd not yet read this thread, and I noticed all that you pointed out. I'm just wondering why Ometepe didn't try to temper Phillip's ranting over it. They were shown glancing at each, shaking their heads, etc., but they seemed to let it go on, but made it appear they were somewhat complicit in that thinking. I wonder if they tried to stop him or was it merely editting? Regardless, I enjoyed watching the 3 Zaps getting full while the 6 Ometepes were scraping by - I'm a sucker for the underdog in almost every contest!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Whether or not Phillip's feelings were justified, or he was using the race card as an excuse to create divisiveness in the game (he seems to feel this is a winning strategy somehow), or he's just plain unbalanced, it was not Jeff's place to challenge him or call him out on it. Racism is one of those hot button issues, and I'm sure Jeff, as well as the producers, knew that escalating the debate on the topic, rather than trying to diffuse the situation, at TC no less, was not a wise move, especially on a network TV show that is supposed to be light hearted entertainment. I think he handled the whole thing admirably.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Thanks, I knew it was at least one - being up by two, if it had held until the merge would certainly have flipped things, wouldn't it?

Yes, as I mentioned I'd not yet read this thread, and I noticed all that you pointed out. I'm just wondering why Ometepe didn't try to temper Phillip's ranting over it. They were shown glancing at each, shaking their heads, etc., but they seemed to let it go on, but made it appear they were somewhat complicit in that thinking. I wonder if they tried to stop him or was it merely editting? Regardless, I enjoyed watching the 3 Zaps getting full while the 6 Ometepes were scraping by - I'm a sucker for the underdog in almost every contest!
    You're welcome.

I don't think it would have been a wise move strategically for any of the other Omes to try to get into the middle of Phillip's altercation with the Zaps, and I suspect that's why nobody did. In fact, they probably all figured it actually helped their game strategically to let Phillip appear "crazy" and take all the heat, and keep it off of the rest of them. Would it have been a noble response to the situation in real life? Certainly not, but this is a game for $1MM, not real life.

+ Reply to Thread