+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

My main issue with this is the young girls fawning over a married man. I wish that there were physical boundaries put up that would give the girls a bit more dignity. Tiny little things in bikinis cuddled up under blankets just looks creepy.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

So if the Ometepe are shunning the Zapateras, I think the Zapateras should counter by repeatedly asking the question "So, after you vote off the three of us, which one of you six is going to be the next to go?" And keep asking it, throughout the day, throughout the challenges, throughout TC.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It's so funny to watch the zap tribe complain about nobody playing the game, when they did the exact same thing to Russell's minions a few weeks ago, when the two girls were scrambling to stay alive in the game. And they did it smugly. I have no sympathy whatsoever for the zap people. David complains about nobody playing the game, but do we see anyone but Ralph even trying to make inroads? No. Aside from some sniping at TC and around the fire, we see a glum zap group sitting around complaining about how unfair it all is. Well, you thought it was more than fair when you were the dominant alliance on your tribe and were systematically getting rid of your "enemies" - and you even managed to be offended and amused that the girls even tried to strike a deal or make a play. Welcome to payback.
    Well said
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

About the RI duel for next week - do you think that this will be a double elimination challenge where the loser of the first duel is permanently eliminated, burns his buff and walks away? Then the winner of that duel takes on the remaining Zapatera tribe member. The loser of that duel would become the first jury member.

I hope that from here on out none of the other tribe members will be viewing the RI duels so that that person can re-enter the game as a complete surprise.

I think that Matt and Mike will face off first, then David will take on the winner of that duel. Matt may have trouble winning against these two, so I suspect his time is done on RI.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    My main issue with this is the young girls fawning over a married man. I wish that there were physical boundaries put up that would give the girls a bit more dignity. Tiny little things in bikinis cuddled up under blankets just looks creepy.
    They are basically just "fangirls". But I haven't seen Rob act any way other than respectful to them. As for cuddling up at night...Jeff and past survivors have said it gets really cold at night and that's why they all snuggle up together.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    About the RI duel for next week - do you think that this will be a double elimination challenge where the loser of the first duel is permanently eliminated, burns his buff and walks away? Then the winner of that duel takes on the remaining Zapatera tribe member. The loser of that duel would become the first jury member.

I hope that from here on out none of the other tribe members will be viewing the RI duels so that that person can re-enter the game as a complete surprise.

I think that Matt and Mike will face off first, then David will take on the winner of that duel. Matt may have trouble winning against these two, so I suspect his time is done on RI.
    I think the challenge might have all three participating, and the winner stays while the two losers go home. Does anyone know how many jury members there will be this season?
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I wish Rob would just ST*U.

It's not really fair to have Rob around, he knows the game too well, it's watching experienced players versus amateurs... viewers know the outcome in advance, Rob continuously rubs everything he does in the camera's face, his posse drinks the koolaid, repeat. All these player's only chance is ruined.

As usual, yellow is being CARRIED by Grant. Rob may be calling the shots but Grant is the ONLY reason why they have not lost many people. He should smarten up and try to take Rob out. Rob can't vote him out less he wants to lose their star player.

And Phillip is back to being insane again. Is he Charlie Sheen's long lost brother? Not a surprise that he pulls the race card.
    Last edited by Endit; 04-14-2011 at 05:22 PM.

I don't get why some are finding this boring. I was laughing so hard during the Tribal Councils I was crying. Phillip's pontificating was hilarious. Ralph's response to it was pretty funny too.

I think Rob is right, Phillip is not as crazy as he is playing, but he IS somewhat crazy. He also gets hostile at perceived "disrespect" toward him and then says stuff that he shouldn't. Interesting that his original team seems to be getting used to him. And of course any of the others would want Phillip sitting next to them in a final vote. Doubtful that Phillip could convince enough people that he isn't really crazy and that it was all an act.

My prediction is that Grant WILL make a move at some point. I think he's flying way under the radar (in terms of strategy and brainpower -- his physical abilities are obvious). Hopefully he will pick the right moment to make his move.

It seems obvious to us that Grant and Andrea are the ones who should flip. Actually, Ashley too, since Rob has now marked her, but I don't think she has any clue about that. Anyway, my point is that Zapatera members haven't seen what we've seen and Ometepe is doing their best not to show anything to Zaps to give them a clue. I find it more likely that Grant and Andrea would have to make an alliance and approach the remaining Zaps. But probably should wait until the Zaps are down to only two, since otherwise, they would be outnumbered.

And yes, no one on Ometepe, except Rob of course, knows that Rob has the immunity idol. It's frustrating that we don't get to see whether the remaining members are looking at all. With all the stuff we don't get to see, it's hard to assess how smart or dumb any of them really are.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    At this point, the Zapateras shouldn't even be worrying about getting Grant and Andrea alone. They should be stirring the pot relentlessly at every chance they get while everyone is within earshot. They should be asking Grant right in front of Rob why he is allowing Rob to emasculate him. The guy's an ex-football player, which means there is a lot of testosterone and ego coursing through his veins. He doesn't want to look the fool. They should be telling Grant over and over that he is a HUGE threat to Rob, and he will be the first to go after the Zapateras are snuffed out. They should pound away at it, and make sure Andrea knows she will be out quickly, too. She is quite likeable and hasn't come across as completely lazy as Ashley and Natalie have, so she stands a shot at winning. This will not only raise a ton of doubt in Grant and Andrea about their position in Rob's pecking order, but it will make Rob really paranoid. And when people get really paranoid, they make big mental mistakes.
    I agree. Great post.

On an unrelated note, did anyone else realize that one of the votes for Phillip read "Philite"?
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Yeah, and I watched the extra clip that showed the voting. Ralph wrote "Philite" but there was no sound (or did I do something wrong?), so I don't know if he said anything about the spelling.

I thought David writing "Rob" four times and asking that it count as four was funny too.

+ Reply to Thread