+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Still love Rob, but I was wincing a bit tonight with the bossiness. Still, he's calling the shots and he's doing a good job, although he's definitely not making any friends with the Zaps who will be on the jury.

Anyone know why we got the condensed two weeks in one show?

I hope either guy beats Matt. Please.

Also, Julie saying "poor Matt, what a horrible thing to do to him, blah blah blah..." give me a break! They didn't exile him from life, they voted him out for a good reason. Any other season he wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to come back. He was the 2nd person voted out in this game, he's not the most hard-done-by person that ever played the game. Sheesh, lady, get over the dramatics!! "don't they have a heart" she says. Ai yi yi.

It's comments like that, and the older NFL dude sitting out the all-important immunity challenge for a hamburger, that makes me cheer for Rob getting rid of all of Zapatera. I did like Mike, and wish he had stayed around longer, but the rest of them...good riddance.

Rob will never win the million, but he's proven he can take control of the game the same way he did in ASS and run with it. I'm still a big fan. Just hate seeing him get so paranoid and losing his big smile.

So will we have 3 people fighting for the chance to stay at RI next week? I'm confused as to how things are going to work. And I still hate the whole RI thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    As someone else suggested, the remaining Zapateras really need to get Grant and Andrea alone and attempt some deprogramming before it's too late. If they wait too long, the numbers will be so lopsided that it won't matter if they can get them to flip---and Grant and Andrea need to wake up to that fact too. They absolutely have to flip at some point if they have a prayer of making it to the final, unless one of them has an absolutely amazing immunity run. There's no way Rob's risking taking anyone to the final four that he cannot beat. His dream final four has to be Phillip and the two interchangeable Barbie dolls he has doing his bidding. He can easily beat Phillip in any argument about which of the two of them deserves to win, simply because Phillip has the uncanny ability to defeat himself in an argument. As for the girls, they don't have enough game for anyone to want to give the win to them. But Andrea's more likable than the other girls and Grant could argue that at least he outplayed Rob on the immunity challenges and for those on the jury who didn't want to hand Rob a win, that might be enough. He had to get rid of them, and they have to get rid of him before he does. If they get rid of him, his "goddesses" will be lost without him and Phillip will be either expendable or someone to keep around to beat in the final.
    At this point, the Zapateras shouldn't even be worrying about getting Grant and Andrea alone. They should be stirring the pot relentlessly at every chance they get while everyone is within earshot. They should be asking Grant right in front of Rob why he is allowing Rob to emasculate him. The guy's an ex-football player, which means there is a lot of testosterone and ego coursing through his veins. He doesn't want to look the fool. They should be telling Grant over and over that he is a HUGE threat to Rob, and he will be the first to go after the Zapateras are snuffed out. They should pound away at it, and make sure Andrea knows she will be out quickly, too. She is quite likeable and hasn't come across as completely lazy as Ashley and Natalie have, so she stands a shot at winning. This will not only raise a ton of doubt in Grant and Andrea about their position in Rob's pecking order, but it will make Rob really paranoid. And when people get really paranoid, they make big mental mistakes.

I was really disappointed in David for being such a sap and telling Ralph not to approach anyone about changing the game up, and for not doing so himself. It couldn't possibly have done them any more harm, and they might have been quite successful in planting some seeds of serious doubt. I get that the two Stepford girls are too far gone to think rationally about betraying Rob, but I don't buy David's argument that you can't play the game when no one is playing, when he could have FORCED Grant and Andrea to play by hammering away at what their fate would be if they continued on their current path.

I hope things get shaken up next week. I had enjoyed Rob's gameplay, but now the Cult of Rob has just become really creepy - Lord of the Flies creepy.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Anyone know why we got the condensed two weeks in one show?
    Jeff tweeted that it was because they started with 18 people. It sounded like there might be another one down the road.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Goodbye, eye candy.

Hello boring season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I hope David wins at RI and comes back - he's interesting. Matt and Mike seem nice enough, but they don't seem like the shake-em-up kind of guys like David does.

I still am enjoying this season quite a bit. It's really amazing to see what people will do/put up with to be part of the "in" crowd - they think if they just hang together they'll remain safe. Thinking of the rightnow and worrying about later, later. We'll see how that works out! I still really like Rob and get such a kick out of him.

Jeff tweeted tonight that next week's tribal council is a BIG one: Unreal, huge, watercooler talk for sure. Maybe Grant and Andrea turn on Rob? Maybe someone will come back from RI? Now he's got me eager for next week already!
    Yes, David please win at RI!

I am enjoying this season, too. I am facinated watching Rob control so easily. He is having one hell of a good time. Holding hands with your buddy is hysterical.

It was clear that Rob dropped out of that challenge before he suffered any ill effects from hanging upside down. I am not sure why his entire alliance did not opt to eat. They would have benefited from the extra food. There was no urgency to get the II away from Z. Any one of them could have gone.

Love hearing that next weeks TC is juicy. Thanks for that.

I was disgusted watching last night. The hand holding, the fish, the Philip, the way they ran over and pushed the Z tribe out of the way to dig for the "idol". None of that is fun to watch, even if I was a Rob fan. He had it so easy. They handed him a tribe full of lemmings. The beautiful thing is that he probably won't win anything more than fan favorite.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    I was disgusted watching last night. The hand holding, the fish, the Philip, the way they ran over and pushed the Z tribe out of the way to dig for the "idol". None of that is fun to watch, even if I was a Rob fan. He had it so easy. They handed him a tribe full of lemmings. The beautiful thing is that he probably won't win anything more than fan favorite.
    Seriously, after watching his brilliant play who wouldn't give him the million dollars and fan fave.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Basically a big to your post, Tilden. It's so boring watching everyone on his original tribe kowtow to Rob. I want to like Grant and he shows shimmers of original thinking (ooh, going to eat a piece of fish even though Rob told you not to?) and then he quickly falls back in line (okay, just one piece and then Rob reiterated that you couldn't, so back you go to your tribe, hungry but loyal). I used to dislike Rob quite a bit in his first couple of seasons. Now I don't mind him so much, it's more the reaction of the others to him. Just give Rob the money now or, better yet, let's just switch the show over to Redemption Island where we have three far more (arguably) worthy contestants currently in play.
    I guess I hold the unpopular opinion, because I laughed through the entire episode and find the combination of Rob's shenanigans and Phillip's attempt to be "crazy like a fox" to be hysterically funny. However, I get how for someone who really can't stand Rob this season is turning into their worst nightmare. It's not boring though, it's actually highly entertaining.

What I don't get, and I acknowledge you did say, "arguably", is how Matt, David or Mike would, at least at this point, be more worthy of winning than Rob. Based on what, other than some viewers find them more likable?

Also, although the Ometepes obeying Rob does make them look like mindless twits, I don't get why breaking up the alliance now would benefit any of them yet. Why not wait until there are just the 6 left and then overthrow Rob? (and that's exactly what I suspect they'll do) And considering that they have the prospect of an unknown person coming back from RI at any time that may upset the dynamics or the numbers, isn't it better to minimize the risk of that by keeping their alliance as tight as possible until they know how RI will figure into the mix? JMO.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-14-2011 at 07:53 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    .....and find the combination of Rob's shenanigans and Phillip's attempt to be "crazy like a fox" to be hysterically funny. .
    Also, although the Ometepes obeying Rob does make them look like mindless twits, I don't get why breaking up the alliance now would benefit any of them yet. Why not wait until there are just the 6 left and then overthrow Rob? (and that's exactly what I suspect they'll do) And considering that they have the prospect of an unknown person coming back from RI at any time that may upset the dynamics or the numbers, isn't it better to minimize the risk of that by keeping their alliance as tight as possible until they know how RI will figure into the mix? JMO.

I adore Rob and am entertained every week.

His alliance is definately smart to stay put with the plan until they reach the point of having to turn on each other, absolutely. Rob would be wise to rotate buddies so no two become tight. He may be doing this and I have just not noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    "Mariano Crime Syndicate:
    My favorite line of the night!

I think Rob has them buddied up for a reason other than to 'not be alone'. I think he knows there is a possibility of some defectors and he knows there are some that are very loyal to him. He buddied up with Grant because I suspect he knows Grant has a brain and may possibly switch and that way he knows his wherabouts at all times. Natalie is his #2 and he has her buddied up with Ashley who proved last night that she can withhold information and Natalie ratted her out and proved her loyalty. He has Philip with Andrea because Philip is very loyal at this point and he will keep Andrea from talking to the other side. It really is a very smart move and I find it just hysterical to watch. I would think when the Zaps get down to 2, that would be the time for someone from Ome to jump ship, partner up with the 2 Zaps and get Rob out. I suspect he will already be 4 steps ahead of that idea and at that point play his HII, which he has managed to keep completely secret from anyone. I know he showed Grant the clue, but I don't think Grant knows he has it, although he may suspect. At the point Rob plays the idol and stays in the game, the others will then be spooked about voting for him again and start sucking up to him and apologizing because they will then know they have gotten on his bad side. I will still be surprised if Rob can make it through this whole game without getting voted off, but I can keep my fingers crossed as he is my favorite player. No one else comes close to 'deserving' the million out of this bunch. Even if Matt were to miraculously make it back in the game again and to the end, I have a hard time thinking he 'deserves' it because he didn't "outwit" anyone- he was stuck on RI the whole game and I think 'outwit' is a very important part of the game.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 04-14-2011 at 08:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread