+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

This challenge clearly favours the women. The men have too much weight to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I agree with the comment that was just made by David--when no one's playing the game, it's no fun to play. Worse, it's no fun to watch....
    Did these little minions notice that Rob was the first to drop? I'm hoping Andrea will remember what was done to Matt twice and start thinking about herself.

If something doesn't change today or next week, I'll yawn all the way to the end, because there's really no one I'm pulling for other than David, Mike, Grant, or Andrea.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Bad tactical error, Rob. You should have let your tribe eat the fish.

Wow. Phillip is certifiable

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    This challenge clearly favours the women. The men have too much weight to support.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the set-up---and Ometepe has the lighter of the women on their team. I would have been highly surprised if it weren't those three at the end. In fact, I also wouldn't be surprised if Rob deliberately dropped early, just so he could look like less of a threat, since he knew perfectly well he wasn't likely to win. I also suspect he agreed to play, rather than to eat, because he thought it would make him less secure in his position. He must think the entire Zapatera alliance is as stupid as his gang. They know perfectly well who's calling the shots, no matter what he does. I think David made that clear when he congratulated Rob on blindsiding Matt.

Phillip is getting on my last nerve this episode. He's acting like such a self-important jerk. If I were David, I would have completely ignored his "good job" comment.

Oh-oh. Grant is accepting an offer of fish. General Rob is going to go ballistic over that. You know, he's acting less like a general or a mafioso than a cult leader at this point. Good for Grant for defying him. Really, I think Grant is a more valuable player, or at least as valuable player, in challenges as Rob is. Why should he take a backseat to Rob? If Grant is thinking at all, he knows there's no way Rob is going to take anyone to the final who has any shot at all at beating him, and Grant has the legitimate argument that he did well in the challenges.

Okay, I see who's leaving next .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Game is at that really boring stage. Idiot blew the chance last week to save us from this dry spell. Oh well. It will be fun again when they begin to go after their own.

Oh boy, Philip throws out the race card next week. Just when he says something that entertains me (like when he was talking about being the one Rob chooses for the end), he turns straight around and reminds me why I hope he goes to RI and the crew forgets he's out there when they pack up and leave.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Did these little minions notice that Rob was the first to drop? I'm hoping Andrea will remember what was done to Matt twice and start thinking about herself.

If something doesn't change today or next week, I'll yawn all the way to the end, because there's really no one I'm pulling for other than David, Mike, Grant, or Andrea.

If somebody in the Cult o' Rob doesn't wise up, I won't be bothering to watch much longer. I don't like Rob in the first place, but if anyone were handed this much power from the beginning to the end of the game by a bunch of idiots who can't think for themselves, I'd still find it very boring to watch. The only thing that's keeping me watching at all at this point is the increasingly dim hope that Grant or Andrea will wake up and jump ship. They have to know they're not going to the final with Rob and that they have to flip the alliance at some point to get anywhere past fifth in the game. Rob is going to want a final four of Phillip and his two giggling girl minions, because it would be very hard for anyone to vote for Phillip or either of the girls--though, frankly, I would love to see the look on Rob's face if he lost to Phillip.

Speaking of whom, in the previews, Phillip is accusing Steve of being an old white racist for calling him crazy, because he's making an argument Steve doesn't like? For heaven's sake, half the time it's impossible to follow any argument Phillip is making. He's being called crazy, because he sounds crazy. Period. Too bad he can't hear some of the comments his precious Rob has made behind his back.

I do appreciate the fact that Phillip is spending more time more or less fully clothed, however. I could do without the feather, but better that than the pink panties.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    Bad tactical error, Rob. You should have let your tribe eat the fish.
    Do you suppose anyone in Rob's cult will notice if no one who ate the fish got sick? If they do notice, do you suppose they'll have the guts to say, "Hey, wait a minute...you told us it wasn't safe to eat the fish and we went hungry, because we believed you. What's up with that?"

As always happens with cults, I predict Rob's Cult will turn on him eventually (once the zombies see their peers starting to go, the spell will be broken). Sadly, many good players will have gone. I hope this is the last we EVER see of Rob.

Rob and Russell are/were master manipulaters. Russell might still be here if his tribe had included Andrea, Ashley and Natalie. They're Followers. In which case, Rob would've been put out by Julie, Ralph, et al. Oh well.

Bottom line... in my humble opinion, this Season is a sad one. It's been set up based around Rob/Russell, and no tribe has been allowed to develop on its own without them.

Sad. Really. I miss the old Survivor days.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread