+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 4/13 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Rob is just cracking me up! Would be a boring season without him that's for sure. The buddy system idea was another genius one on his part. He just wants to make sure that no one on his tribe flips, and it's working. The whole hand holding thing, I don't know why anyone is taking that seriously. To me it was an obvious joke, and it made me giggle all that much more. He also didn't tell the girls that they couldn't go to the bathroom alone, she said she had to go pee after they buddied up, and the other girl (sorry names escape me this morning) said she had to pee too. It's not like they walked back in to camp holding hands lol.

Rob is clearly enjoying his run this season, and I'm enjoying watching it!

I wasn't really surprised that Ometepe didn't stay out of the challenge (except for Phil). That's not how Rob plays. He there's to take on every challenge, and apparently his tribemates feel the same way. The fish thing, I understand where Rob was coming from with that too, as he doesn't want anyone to feel like they owe anything to the Zap's because they shared their fish. I also don't think the Rob's tribe are mindless. They know Rob will get them to the final six, and without him, the numbers would most likely have been reversed with Ometepe getting voted off one by one.

I don't mind seeing the Zapetera members getting voted out, all except for David. I haven't liked them since they threw the challenge to get rid of Russell. Looking back, they've suffered ever since.

Sad to see David go. He might be the one that finally outs Matt for good.
    You honestly think that it is ok for them not to eat fish with the other guys because Rob said so, even though you could tell they were hungry? These are suppose to be grown men and women for goodness sake. David is right, these people are not playing the game and it does make it boring and predictable. BTW, Rob gets on my last nerve and ditto for all those mindless followers. It is a game for 1 million buck we are talking about here.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    When did Rob give his tribe the kool-aid? It's obvious they all drank it! Holy Cow, I cannot believe how readily they are led, and to what degree!! The way the girls act with him just makes me want to puke. It made my skin crawl watching them work so hard to please Rob.
    Me and you both - disgusting - just nasty!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I know Rob is in charge but the problem is that he seems to be turing into a dictator and sooner or later people revolt against dictatorship..and that will come back to bite him in the backside
    I hope sooner than later! He really is getting too full of himself.

It's the same-old, same-old with Rob ... he's a polarizing figure. If you love him and his style of game-play you'll appreciate his ability to lead the Omatepes to complete dominance in the game, you'll enjoy his wily ways, and usually he'll make you laugh. If you hate him you'll see him as the dictator/cult leader, you'll despise his arrogance and dominance, and you'll want him out NOW. It's the way he's been in almost every reality tv show he's been on!!

It's a tough road, being a Boston Rob fan, but I've been one since the beginning. I've got a tough skin.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    It's the same-old, same-old with Rob ... he's a polarizing figure. If you love him and his style of game-play you'll appreciate his ability to lead the Omatepes to complete dominance in the game, you'll enjoy his wily ways, and usually he'll make you laugh. If you hate him you'll see him as the dictator/cult leader, you'll despise his arrogance and dominance, and you'll want him out NOW. It's the way he's been in almost every reality tv show he's been on!!

It's a tough road, being a Boston Rob fan, but I've been one since the beginning. I've got a tough skin.
    Here, Here excellent post!

Rob you either love or hate him. Or love to hate him or hate to love him. Anyway he is great, physically, socially, mentally, and emotionally in Survivor!
    Happy NFL Training Camp!

Ooh, can you imagine if he lasts long enough for the letters/video from home?? We'll see the blubbering big ol' mess he really is then, if he sees his "girls" telling him they love him.

Okay, maybe I've watched too many episodes of the Bachelor(ette) and read too many suspicious posts on FORT about editing to create story. Because, the whole "don't eat the fish" mandate from Rob never actually appeared on camera - when he was by the fish, he said he wasn't going to eat them, and we never heard him say they shouldn't either. Then when the others were eating, we still didn't hear Rob tell anyone not to eat. When Grant went out and took a bite, and we heard Rob say, "Hey Grant" it wasn't shown and perhaps could've been said at another time and spliced in to make it look like Rob was calling him back at that time. The cult comments and talk of Rob allowing or forbidding anything came from the Z people, who I suppose need to say things like that to hopefully convince the Os that there is something amiss in their alliance, to try to shake things up.

I agree that the whole "cult" thing is premature, as someone already said. The alliance is holding together because they want to get further in the game and by sending Zs home first, that helps them - for now. When Julie brought the cult word up at TC, they either didn't address it or did not let us see the discussion about it. I can't believe Jeff would let something like that go by, so I'm wondering if the reaction to it and follow up discussion put it to rest, and of course TPTB would not want viewers to let it go. I'm just suspicious about how the editing may be trying to create this or making it more than it really is, because, like I said, I've gotten jaded by Fleiss et al.

I enjoy watching Rob, and I think he's having fun out there - he really knows how to play the game and is doing it well. A lot of his cocky comments are done tongue-in-cheek, I believe, and I laugh at his big ego. He knows how he sounds, that's why he doesn't do it in front of the other players. He handles most situations without emotion getting in the way, which must be hard to do out there being tired and hungry - other players sure haven't managed to do it. The alliance is air-tight now perhaps, but that doesn't mean some of them don't have big ideas in store for when it's just down to the six of them.

If David comes back, I'm hoping we'll see some maneuvering. I'm definitely getting tired of the RI concept at this point - there shouldn't have been yet another try at it. The guy won and came back into the game, then was voted out again - no more chances IMO.

I was reminded by a post on another site...Rob has a history with bad fish. The eating challenge with the disgusting slimy "rotten" fish that he completely puked up during the challenge...and then during ASS his brother had to eat the same kind of fish...maybe he was just having a bad memory of that moment and truly didn't want to trust fish that may have been slowly rotting out in the sun for hours!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post

ITA. have loved Rob from the first time he graced my TV screen. Love him and Amber together and their two baby girls are simply adorable. Rob rocks and I'm proud to be his fan always!!!! Words cannot describe how utterly boring this season would be without Rob on it for me.
    Last edited by Gina28; 04-14-2011 at 11:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread