+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/6 Show Thread **Spoilers**

Rob's move was smart, IMO. Matt was a flipper. One minute he is going to "make the big moves" and flip on Omatepe. Next he's loyal because it "feels right." Then he gets the note and consider flipping again. Sure, at the TC, he stayed true to Omatepe but he was definitely a wild card in Rob's eyes, and the fact that he sold Andrea out as his partner in crime meant he could easily have flipped and taken her with him, at any time. Rob knows he's on the chopping block, he knows Matt is good at physical challenges, he knows Matt is being courted by the other side, he knows Matt has a reason to flip given that his original tribe voted him out so early...put all that together and it makes sense Rob gets rid of the wild card. He still has the numbers, he's inadvertently gotten rid of Zap's HII, and he's got his own, secretly stuffed in his pocket, to use if he gets feeling antsy. Like him or not, Rob is indeed thinking 2-3 steps ahead of everyone else. I guess that is what being a veteran at this game gives you. His tribe could have voted him out at any time up until now, like Zapatera did with Russell, so I say it's their own fault, not Rob's, that they are keeping him as leader. Chances are they will use him to get to the end game where they will vote off all the Zap members, and then they will get rid of him because nobody wants to go up against him at the F3. Too many people have too much respect for Rob's gameplay to let him get to the end. If he does, I'll be rooting for him to win it all as I think he deserves it. If not, he better get the "player of the season" prize. If Russell is even close to winning that prize, given how early and easily he was voted out, I'll know the whole thing is rigged.

I think Matt is a nice enough fellow and tough in competitions - but he is clueless as to the game of "Survivor."

Note, I think it's good to believe in God and the like, but right now there are so many things going on that winning a game is not so high on his list of blessings. (BTW, the ONLY time I've seen the power of prayer and safety be used properly on this show was when Michael Supkin was severely injured during the "Australia" season - he had his skin burned off his hands plus he jumped into dirty water (the lake) with the potential of crocodiles attacking him but he was not bitten. THAT is a true blessing - not just in that but he can use his hands).

He should've known - game wise - he was the biggest target of the lot coming back, unless he chose a side. Everyone with at least half a grain of common sense in this game knows that someone out of pocket for a time is a prime candidate for a flip-flop - because they could choose to flip and betray (not really, but in their eyes) the original tribe.

Rob has been playing this game out of all of them save possibly Phillip (who at least has the common sense to know Rob is a true threat). He will not win by any means, but he should at least get fan favorite. IF Russell gets it, then I will not watch this show again because it'll prove it's rigged.

The role of a higher power, whatever you want to call it, should be for the individual's highest good. Winning Survivor may not really be what Matt needs in his life at the moment even if it may be what he wants. He's pre-med and seems very compassionate. I hope Survivor is an appropriate life lesson for him.

I wonder if the others know about Matt's foot injury. That often takes players out early. So Matt may not have been a threat to last much longer. At least he had one good meal out of his brief reunion with the others.

Rob seemed very angry/annoyed/surprised at TC about the votes for his shadow Grant. I wonder who he expected them to vote for if not Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Footballmom View Post
    I personally think that Matt considers his faith a part of his "Outwit Outlast Outplay" straedgy. Who cares that he is vocal about his faith. Hey he done fabulous in every challenge on RI. That seems to be his niche. So he trusted Rob. I doubt he will do it again. He has every right to be in this game. This kid beat a weasel. I will take Matt over Russell anyday! LOL He just may win it all and I for one am cheering him on.
    Me, too - if I were on Survivor, I'd rather have a Matt on my team than a Rob!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't think Matt is stupid but I do think he has a high sense of morality and that just doesn't belong in survivor..sad to say but its true
    I agree. My son was watching the TC last night, and he said: You must really have to be an uncaring person to go far in Survivor. I could never treat people that way.

Guess my guy will never make on Survivor
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

should i feel bad that this statement just sent me into a fit of hysterical laughter?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    His reward for his blind faith was to be blindsided once again.

Well, Matt really blew it. I think that he is just too naive to play the game of Survivor. Anytime a person tries to play the game with a large dose of honesty and integrity they tend to struggle with the lying and backstabbing part of the game. Matt's deep religious faith has just made THAT part of the game, the lying and backstabbing part, even harder. Matt is just very young and naive, not a good combination for Survivor.

I had high hopes for Matt when he made it back into the game and thought that he would be able to make it farther than just one TC, but he is clearly out of his element out there. He is a social person who I don't think does well in isolation. And I think that he may not have what it takes to overcome this second blindside. Matt's fighting spirit seemed to be broken last night. I don't think he will make it very much longer and will be going to the Ponderosa soon. Sadly, I think that Ponderosa would be the best thing for Matt.

I realize that Rob is playing a very good game, but I am struggling to like the guy due to that massive ego of his. Right now I can't think of one person on his tribe who would have the b*lls to go up against him, other that Phillip. They will be picking off Zapatera until they are gone, and then maybe someone will then step forward and devise a way to boot Rob from the game. I do think that it is highly unlikely that Rob can make it to the F3. As of right now I am hoping that Grant wins it all. I like him.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 04-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.

I can't believe how invested I was in Matt's decision. I so wanted to see a bit of a turnaround. Now I expect Mike will be next since that lovely Ralph used his idol to protect him.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    My son was watching the TC last night, and he said: You must really have to be an uncaring person to go far in Survivor. I could never treat people that way.
    Matt's sin was indiscretion, not caring. He should have kept his thoughts to himself, or been much more careful in what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

I, too, am tired of people bringing religion into reality show games. If there is a God, he's busy with poverty, famine, disease, war, etc to give two spits about a tv show, facebook, etc. It just irks me that people think God is going to win the game for them. Pray, keep the faith, but don't rely on anyone but yourself. It's just weird.

Me too, like Mallory on AR. Drives me NUTS!!!!!
    Prisoner of War in the United States of Halliburton

+ Reply to Thread