+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I think that if Matt makes it back in the game with one week of immunity that Rob will "make nice" with him and ask him to join with his old tribe in voting off Zapatera one by one. Rob could even say that once that is done then all bets are off and may the best man or woman win.

Rob is smart enough to know that once it gets to individual immunity that he will need the numbers on his side, so I expect to see him offer the olive branch to Matt in order to keep himself in the game longer. Andrea could (if she wants to) bring Matt up to speed about what has been going on within the tribe while he was away on RI. That way Matt would know who he should be wary of - other than Rob. Right now the other two girls are clearly not going to vote for Rob.

I would love to see the season come down to Rob and Matt as the final two...I think they are the best matched pair both mentally and physically to be the final two. Would love to see the two of them going head to head in a final task composed of both a physical and mental component.
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

FORT Fan

Me too! I love Boston Rob and he has made this season SO enjoyable for me. We haven't got to see any strategizing from Matt since he's been living solo on RI, but I do like the way he conducts himself and doesn't get rattled at challenges. Kind of a mini-me for Rob, if only he would see it.

I also love the idea of 2-hour episodes, or at least 90 minutes. There's so much extra footage that could be used -- and true Survivor fans would relish it. Not every moment has to be hard-core strategy and fighting. I'd love to see more of the everyday stuff around camp and I wish they'd show more of the reward trips. What did we get -- two minutes of volcano?

If they can stretch Celebrity Apprentice into 2 hours every week, they could do 5 hour episodes of Survivor!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Rob is going to be safe for awhile, he has the numbers. I don't see his crispy rice alliance abandoning him anytime soon.
    Love the CRA (Crispy Rice Alliance)

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Me too! I love Boston Rob and he has made this season SO enjoyable for me. We haven't got to see any strategizing from Matt since he's been living solo on RI, but I do like the way he conducts himself and doesn't get rattled at challenges. Kind of a mini-me for Rob, if only he would see it.
    I think subconsciously Rob does see the similarity and that's why he got rid of Matt so early in the game. Kind of like the Old King seeing the Young Prince come to claim his rightful place on the throne.
    This is probably Rob's Last Stand with Survivor, and the gauntlet has been thrown and time for the younger/newer challenger to take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post

Thought I'd never say it but I was in agreement with Phillip re the "crispy rice." On Survivor, if you want a particular type of food, I figure you better be there, willing to fight for it and not have your minons do it for you.
    Maybe instead of asking to be served, he should just pick up the spoon and serve himself without saying anything. That's what I'd do if i knew I was going to be told I couldn't have it. Apologizing is faster than begging (and not getting what you want!) Did Rob ask the girls to save the crispy rice, or were they doing it because they wanted to? I didn't see them ask, and I wondered if the real reason they wouldn't give him part of the crispy was because they don't like Phillip. I have to think they would give Grant whatever part of the rice he wanted.
    Last edited by queenb; 04-03-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

This is probably Rob's Last Stand with Survivor, and the gauntlet has been thrown and time for the younger/newer challenger to take his place. [/QUOTE]

Don't we think it's his last time every time??

FORT Fogey

Love the CRA (Crispy Rice Alliance)

I think subconsciously Rob does see the similarity and that's why he got rid of Matt so early in the game. Kind of like the Old King seeing the Young Prince come to claim his rightful place on the throne.
    This is probably Rob's Last Stand with Survivor, and the gauntlet has been thrown and time for the younger/newer challenger to take his place.
    He saw the couple thing happening, just as he said. He watched him schmooze the other team at the challenge, two red flags. Matt is not even close to being similar to Rob! Rob is charismatic, smart and a social magnet. Matt is a born again and spouts in every diary talk that he is doing gods bidding! That is NOT Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    He saw the couple thing happening, just as he said. He watched him schmooze the other team at the challenge, two red flags. Matt is not even close to being similar to Rob! Rob is charismatic, smart and a social magnet. Matt is a born again and spouts in every diary talk that he is doing gods bidding! That is NOT Rob.
    You're absolutely right about the differences between Rob and Matt. Personality-wise, very, very different.

But I think Rob sees in Matt those small almost unnoticed clues that show that Matt is one of the few in the tribe that has the same keen strategizing ability and likability that Rob does.
    They're both charming, easy to look at, pleasant demeanor and smart as a whip! Rob's just too street-smart not to recognize these things about Matt.

As much as I admire Rob's ability in this game, I'm tired of seeing him as a contestant. Although I'll take him over Russell any day!

Rob is indeed street smart, especially when it comes to playing this game. He recognized Matt's teaming up with Andrea as a real threat (having done it himself previously with Amber) and he recognized Matt's likeability factor with the other tribe (witnessing the congrats at the mat after the challenge). Put these two together, and he got rid of Matt ASAP. It wasn't stupid on Rob's part, and might have been left for a later date rather than immediately, but it had to be done to get Rob further in the game, and that's what it's all about. You see Rob's team every week, with the exception of Philip and perhaps a small bit by Grant, acting like they are on holiday rather than playing the game. Not one of those girls, or even Philip, has bothered to look for the HII clues in the stuff they get, and nobody has been shown to be wondering where the clues are if they don't see them. It's amazing, how easily Rob has been able to get all the clues and find the HII. He's always on when it comes to playing the game, and it makes it fun to watch.

FORT Fogey

You're absolutely right about the differences between Rob and Matt. Personality-wise, very, very different.

But I think Rob sees in Matt those small almost unnoticed clues that show that Matt is one of the few in the tribe that has the same keen strategizing ability and likability that Rob does.
    They're both charming, easy to look at, pleasant demeanor and smart as a whip! Rob's just too street-smart not to recognize these things about Matt.

As much as I admire Rob's ability in this game, I'm tired of seeing him as a contestant. Although I'll take him over Russell any day!
    Yes, good point, and Matt is capable of getting the ladies in his court, something Rob was counting on for his own game. There are not enough to share and with Andrea already smitten with Matt it was not a good situation. He saw the break in his alliance before it happened. Smart man.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast