+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/30 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

First, I have a question. According to the previews, Matt has a bad cut on his foot. Given the environment that he is in, don't they usually have a doctor look at it and bandage it up to keep dirt out of it? Since Matt was blindsided and did not have his things with him at TC, it looks like he has been forced to wear flip flops his whole time on RI.

Now for the merge, it appears that everyone is watching the duel, so I guess that the winner will get to pick the tribe that he/she wants to go back to. I hope that it will be a challenge that Matt can easily win despite his injured foot. That would make the game so much more interesting than Sarita winning. Matt has such a disadvantage right now by not knowing what has been going on during his absence - like how tight the alliance with Rob really is and who he can even trust at this point. It would seem like he will have the biggest target on his back going into the merge - if he can not win individual immunity. Rob will want his cronies to take Matt out of the game for good.

I know that it is being played up how throwing that challenge to get rid of Russell has come back to bite Zapatera, but let's look at the facts. That entire tribe has been underachieving on just about every challenge. You would think that Julie and Mike would be really good at physical challenges, but there seems to be a limit to what they can do. Ralph was a star in one of the earlier challenges, but he has seemed to fade as the weeks go by. So, I think that there isn't anyone on Zapatera like Grant or Rob that excel in the challenges. Therefore, it has more to do with WHO ended up on that tribe and less to do with eliminating Russell when they did. And there is also a certain amount of luck involved since Zapatera has had some close losses. But that is just how I see it.

I hope if Matt comes back he also wins a week of immunity.

"Rob likes the crispy" was driving me crazy.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Jeff Said the tribes are merging in the previews, so the winner of redemtion island won't have a tribe to pick they will be merged. I hope Matt wins.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    First, I have a question. According to the previews, Matt has a bad cut on his foot. Given the environment that he is in, don't they usually have a doctor look at it and bandage it up to keep dirt out of it? Since Matt was blindsided and did not have his things with him at TC, it looks like he has been forced to wear flip flops his whole time on RI.

Now for the merge, it appears that everyone is watching the duel, so I guess that the winner will get to pick the tribe that he/she wants to go back to. I hope that it will be a challenge that Matt can easily win despite his injured foot. That would make the game so much more interesting than Sarita winning. Matt has such a disadvantage right now by not knowing what has been going on during his absence - like how tight the alliance with Rob really is and who he can even trust at this point. It would seem like he will have the biggest target on his back going into the merge - if he can not win individual immunity. Rob will want his cronies to take Matt out of the game for good.

I know that it is being played up how throwing that challenge to get rid of Russell has come back to bite Zapatera, but let's look at the facts. That entire tribe has been underachieving on just about every challenge. You would think that Julie and Mike would be really good at physical challenges, but there seems to be a limit to what they can do. Ralph was a star in one of the earlier challenges, but he has seemed to fade as the weeks go by. So, I think that there isn't anyone on Zapatera like Grant or Rob that excel in the challenges. Therefore, it has more to do with WHO ended up on that tribe and less to do with eliminating Russell when they did. And there is also a certain amount of luck involved since Zapatera has had some close losses. But that is just how I see it.
    Ever hear of Paul the ocotopus who predicted the winner of every game in the world cup? It has been said he didnt really predict the win, he created it. The entire world was watching and betting on these games. It created a huge 'home court advantage.' Throwing the game to get rid of Russell gave Robs team the win thus building their confidence and "energy" it takes to continue the roll.

Yes, they have a medic and I am sure his foot was treated. I expect to see Matt enter the game next week. I find his christian blather offensive so I am not rooting for him because I have heard enough!

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I hope if Matt comes back he also wins a week of immunity.

"Rob likes the crispy" was driving me crazy.
    That would be an interesting twist since there will be 6 from Ometepe, 5 from Zapatera and 1 from RI making the merge. That would only be fair for Matt to win a week of immunity if he comes back to the game. IMO he has earned the right to re-enter the competition. Otherwise, he would not even have a chance to make the jury if he is immediately up for elimination after the merge.

I believe that there is another twist in the works for next weeks episode as well. It should be interesting. I am enjoying this season.

That would be an interesting twist since there will be 6 from Ometepe, 5 from Zapatera and 1 from RI making the merge. That would only be fair for Matt to win a week of immunity if he comes back to the game. IMO he has earned the right to re-enter the competition. Otherwise, he would not even have a chance to make the jury if he is immediately up for elimination after the merge.

I believe that there is another twist in the works for next weeks episode as well. It should be interesting. I am enjoying this season.
    Maybe he comes back and wins individual immunity right away. I really hope he doesn't get screwed over.

Also compared to the Bachelor season threads this forum is very quiet.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

And if Sirita comes back instead, is she also deserving of a week's pass? ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    And if Sirita comes back instead, is she also deserving of a week's pass? ;^)
    I think that whoever comes back should earn a week's immunity. Just to give them time to catch their breath.

I was hoping for a tribal switch/shuffle at least for a week or two before the merge but it didn't happen. I wanted to change the dynamics of the game just to make it more interesting. I wish Russell was still in the game but his strategy doesn't work now that everyone knows what kind of player he is unlike the 1st two seasons where he had the luxury of the players now knowing how he plays. Rob's play is only good until the merge because the other tribe will try to take him out right away. He has the HII though so that may get him farther than expected.

I think Matt and his GF will align with the other tribe to oust Rob. Phillip? Well I don't know how he thinks because he is crazy and really doesn't know how to play the game. He said he doesn't trust Rob and he hates his alliance so he may switch. Then again, he is clueless in the social aspect of the game so he may just do something stupid.

...I know that it is being played up how throwing that challenge to get rid of Russell has come back to bite Zapatera, but let's look at the facts. That entire tribe has been underachieving on just about every challenge. You would think that Julie and Mike would be really good at physical challenges, but there seems to be a limit to what they can do. Ralph was a star in one of the earlier challenges, but he has seemed to fade as the weeks go by. So, I think that there isn't anyone on Zapatera like Grant or Rob that excel in the challenges. Therefore, it has more to do with WHO ended up on that tribe and less to do with eliminating Russell when they did. And there is also a certain amount of luck involved since Zapatera has had some close losses. But that is just how I see it.
    Hey Longhorn. I agree that eliminating Russell isn't their main problem. If they had kept him, it is reasonable to think he would have wreaked mass havoc on the tribe, so their team unity could have disintegrated anyway.

The crucial component that is working for Ometepe is that they have won a few rewards in a row and have had far more food than Zapatera. That is a huge advantage and a game-changer.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast