+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/16 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    "If they want to find a way to keep the game fresh dont do it with silly plot devices, cast intelligent (and/or entertaining) players like Boston Rob, Russell, Cirie, & Sandra and I guarantee the fans will keep showing up!"

I agree absolutely! To me, Survivor has always been about throwing a bunch of disparate people in a desparate situation to see how they interact. Cast the right people, and that's all the story line you need. Get rid of the stupid idols, RI, and other crutches and just find some interesting people.

Jeff is on his twitter each week while the show is airing and someone asked him what if they were diabetic or had asthma could they try out....he said if they passed the physical then yes they could be on the show...I laughed at him and told him I would try out if they would let me bring my bottle of some soma and hydrocodone with me...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Luv'd that Jeff said that thinking Krista and Stephanie are just pawns shows how little Julie understands the game of Survivor. Also check out this great rap about the Torch Snuffer. Survivor Video - 'I am the Torch Snuffer' - CBS.com
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

"If they want to find a way to keep the game fresh dont do it with silly plot devices, cast intelligent (and/or entertaining) players like Boston Rob, Russell, Cirie, & Sandra and I guarantee the fans will keep showing up!"

I agree absolutely! To me, Survivor has always been about throwing a bunch of disparate people in a desparate situation to see how they interact. Cast the right people, and that's all the story line you need. Get rid of the stupid idols, RI, and other crutches and just find some interesting people.
    I think there should be ONE Immunity Idol per tribe and that it should be extremely hard to find. The clues should be very vague and it should take several of them to even begin to know where to look. The II has saved many of my favorites for one more week but it's too damn easy to get your hands on one. Make them work for it and earn it.

I agree about finding the right mix of people. Back in the day we had real people. Jerri was really a bitch. Hatch was really a snake in the grass. Rob was really an [fa edit] (although marriage, maturity and kids have changed him) and Stephenie really was a badass chick. Now they pick from the Hollywood "I wanna be a star" pool instead of hunting down actual fans. I'm sure thousands, at least, still apply. It would be nice to see a good old fashioned game of Survivor where the people are real and have no motive to be famous.
    Last edited by dagwood; 03-19-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think this is where Russell's old tribe (still don't remember what they're called) is going to wind up at a disadvantage. They axed Russell, alienated Stephanie and Krista in the process, and now with Krista gone (I'm not counting on her making it on RI), Stephanie could easily flip flop to the other side if she makes it to the merge. If I were her, I'd figure I'd have nothing to lose either way, and maybe would be better off finding cracks in the other side while aligning with them to boot my former tribe off. A tribe switch can always happen, and we've seen people who thought they were on the majority of things wind up getting blindsided. They could also throw the challenge, but that puts them down another member-and what if they lost the challenge after that? Then the real scrambling begins. I like Ralph, but he's gotten too comfortable. I think everyone aligning with Rob is getting too comfortable in their positions as well. Which will make for great TV and game play down the road, so I'm not complaining But hopefully people are thinking ahead and strategizing, because we know there will be blindsides and people think they're the #1 or #2 and wind up going sooner than expected.

FORT Newbie

I'm kind of conflicted about what I think would be the best move for the Zapotera (or w/e the tribe's actually called). Sure you could accuse them of not playing the game or not thinking about numbers, but the second Stephanie and Krista jumped on board with Russell, they were already lost numbers. Regardless of when the merge occurs, there's no way they would ever stick to those 6. Even when it appears that the 6 try to reach out to them, S and K (esp. S) would just reject the olive branch. By voting them out, it's just cutting out the negatives while they can. And when it comes to the late-in-the-game stage, they have their little sub-alliances to work with, so they're not completely lost in the dark...

At this point, I'm going to have to pull for Andrea. I don't see her winning just because she got stuck in such a rut with the whole Matt situation, but she seems like the most grounded without being a egotistical maniac (granted, we knew what Rob comes with. I still like the guy! But his ego is HUGE!)

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think this is where Russell's old tribe (still don't remember what they're called) is going to wind up at a disadvantage. They axed Russell, alienated Stephanie and Krista in the process, and now with Krista gone (I'm not counting on her making it on RI), Stephanie could easily flip flop to the other side if she makes it to the merge. If I were her, I'd figure I'd have nothing to lose either way, and maybe would be better off finding cracks in the other side while aligning with them to boot my former tribe off. A tribe switch can always happen, and we've seen people who thought they were on the majority of things wind up getting blindsided. They could also throw the challenge, but that puts them down another member-and what if they lost the challenge after that? Then the real scrambling begins. I like Ralph, but he's gotten too comfortable. I think everyone aligning with Rob is getting too comfortable in their positions as well. Which will make for great TV and game play down the road, so I'm not complaining But hopefully people are thinking ahead and strategizing, because we know there will be blindsides and people think they're the #1 or #2 and wind up going sooner than expected.
    Since they have added the new element of Redemption Island - which requires its own little segment of the show each week - I doubt that there will be a tribe switch this season, but anything is possible. With that being said, I don't see how Stephanie can possibly make it to the merge UNLESS Ometepe loses all three of the next immunity challenges.

Stephanie would be the next "logical" person to be voted off the Zapatera tribe if they lose even just one challenge and have to go to TC. I guess there is a possibility that she could conceivably win the duel at RI and make it back into the game, but I hope not.

The best case scenario for Zapatera is getting rid of Stephanie and going into the merge with their alliance of 6 in tact. For Ometepe, if they don't lose another challenge, they would go in with the numbers: 6 to 4. These numbers, of course, do not take into consideration the returning tribe member from RI. I am not sure how that will work.

I saw a bit of this episode, including the challenge, but nothing else after it. I admit, much as I dislike Stephanie, I was really annoyed at her tribe in that challenge. They agreed as a group to let her call the shots at the challenge, so I was really annoyed that they kept saying she shouldn't have done it and that other guy whose name escapes me should have done it. Yeah, too late, they had the time and moment to make that decision and didn't, and it only made them look like a bunch of whiners, especially the guy who insisted he should've done the puzzle because he's a lawyer. Well, he should've stood his ground instead of agreeing to let Stephanie do it! He reminds me of Alex from Survivor Fiji, which just makes me nauseous.

Plus the loss wasn't entirely on her. She did choke at the end on the puzzle, but she was guiding her tribesmates quite well, but Ralph ended up costing them a lot of time by constantly shouting over her and demanding she guide him, plus he didn't even know how to follow the easy and precise directions she gave, the ones nobody else had trouble with. Who knows, maybe the time he cost her with the rdirections could've been exactly the time she needed to complete the puzzle. I know her tribe would still put the blame entirely on her, but yeah, that really annoyed me. Her being not likeable is one thing, but them acting like a bunch of whiny kids was lame. This season is making it very difficult to find somebody to like besides Matt.

lol, Ralph doesn't know his left from his right. What a moron.

I love how the producers gave Stephanie the dumbass edit. They edited it to show her call the tribe, "dumb ass people" and in her next sentence she says, "Steve's not a good athlete". Oh really, Steve's not a good athlete? The guy who played professional football in the NFL for 13 years? Genius.

I hope you don't mean to keep re-casting the same people. Although memorable and interesting I don't want to keep watching the them over and over.
    Give us some smart, shrewd, quirky and interesting people but not the same ones again. It's like Hollywood, having a hit movie and they keep making Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, ad nauseam.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 03-22-2011 at 01:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast