+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat View Post
    Well, well, well. Anyone have any questions for Russell?

I would dearly love to hear from any of you as I have dropped off in my watching of Survivor for a couple of seasons. Help me let him have it!
    I opened the interview thread - if anyone wants to reply there, that would be great.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

This is around the time when the season usually starts to lag. But we're four episodes into this season, and I'm still highly enjoying it!

What a treat seeing Matt dominate Russell in the challenge. I was worried that we would have to suffer another season of him, but he managed to become the 2nd boot.

Sad about Kristina though. I knew her time wasn't going to be long, but I had hoped she would last longer. I like Matt, but I gotta root for her in the next duel.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

A few points:

1. Love that Russell is out of the game. Though a threat in this game, which is something he should be proud about, he showed bad sportsmanship when he lost. Seriously even those who despised him in this game (pretty much all four viewers of the challenge), applauded him.

Seriously, the ONLY person he has to blame for being eliminated is himself. This is afterall called Redemption Island = prove that you deserve to be there. Yes, the tribe voted you out, but you played yourself out of the game. (I really think he thought he was going to beat Matt when his domino missed, but he should've worked a bit faster if he wanted to win).

2. Ralph and the Immunity Idol - that could mess up his game, but I think it'll be post merge (meaning I think he'll manage to make the jury). The biggest true threat to him having it washed out - Phillip - is most likely going to get himself voted out in the end.

3. Phillips britches are just gosh awful - I don't know of many men who wear hot pink undies. They also must be REALLY bad if Rob is saying that ... um.... private stuff is showing. What's he going to do if he loses enough weight - be Hatch and parade in his birthday suit for a couple of days?

He is also digging his own grave with his comments and the britches stuff. He also shows he doesn't know how to hunt for crabs - seriously, a javelin and throwing it?

4. The reward challenge - yes product placement, but I actually liked it because it makes you use what you've learned on using the tools. It took me a day to learn how to hammer a nail with one hit into roofing shingles. (BTW, why didn't any of the guys, even Ralph, manage to hit the nail in with one hit?)

Ralph also showed better chopping skills than Rob (both of whom I've guessed did/do construction). You cut a "V" which makes it easy to fall apart. Rob was cutting more of a "U" shape. I think Rob may have done construction; however, nowadays cutting wood like this is not common on the job.

6. Am not surprised who was voted out. Rob having the idol and keeping mum about it will probably get him far enough to make at least jury, but I don't think he'll win.

Overall - not a bad night tonight. Was the start of a good reality show night for me - the other Megan being ousted on "Face Off," leaving the four most worthy candidates left.

Ding, dong, the Russell is gone!!!! Happy day! And please spare us the crocodile tears. Those wet eyes helped him milk a few more minutes of camera time. He claimed to love the game soooooo much, and that is why he was crying. Total BS. If he loved the game half as much as he proclaims, he wouldn't have blabbed spoilers for two seasons (according to some credible reports). Russell mostly just loves himself and his enormous ego and the legacy of being one of the best players ever. Where is that legacy now?

He had a few shining moments of strategy in his previous seasons, but more of what he had working for him was luck (especially in his 2nd season when no one had seen his gameplay) and an intolerable personality and demeanor that made people very enthusiastic about taking him to the finals knowing he could never win.

Russell thinking he was giving away state secrets to empower the other tribe was laughable. Ralph should have probably kept his mouth shut, but who really cares if Phillip knows Ralph has an immunity idol? They all acted like it was some huge deal. If your own tribe already found an idol (Kristina), it would be foolish to believe the other tribe had not found one as well. Plus, it is so early in the game that a few idols could be played before a merge.

Phillip is beyond ridiculous secretly reporting his "intel" back to Rob like it would be a huge game changer. The biggest game changer for that tribe so far was Rob prematurely having Matt voted out, thus weakening a pretty weak tribe even more. Had Rob thought things through more clearly, he would have had the weaker player, Andrea, voted out. That decision was crucial, and I think it will come back to bite Rob in the butt. His tribe will be hard-pressed to win a challenge. (I won't say win "another" challenge because their first win was a gift.)

So, see ya Russell. I hope to never see your smirking little troll face on my TV again.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I kind of wish once the idol got played, that was it. I miss days of strategy and not relying so much on an idol.

I'm glad Matt won the RI challenge. Russell is a threat to the game, thus why he was voted out, and why other in previous AS editions were voted out early as well. Of course Russell's past game play didn't exactly help his standing, either, and not changing his strategy this time. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him, but I hope so. Three times is enough.

I really like his former tribe, whatever it's called, better than Rob's. Rob's has Phillip, who I hope is gone soon. But I doubt it, as he'll do whatever Rob and the majority want. And Ralph's crew is more entertaining.

FORT Fogey

Ralph did not need to show his II to his team! They were all aligned against against Russells remaining alliance AND he is extremely valuable in challenges. He was totally safe until close to the merge when he will be viewed as a physical threat. Now they will spilt the vote, at some point, to get the II back in circulation. What a waste. I think it will be easy to blindside him, as well.

Russell. enough said.

Rob is playing an excellent game. I ejoy watching him, always have.

Why in the world did Russel (and Philip, for that matter) think that the information given to the other tribe was even remotely "game changing"? This was what? The third ejection? So much can happen before the merge. Half the people Russel called out might not even be there, they might be aligned with someone else by then and Fuzzy Wuzzy's idol might be out of play by that point. Funny that the pair of them really thought they were doing something.

Rob's one-liners about Philip crack me up.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Ralph did not need to show his II to his team! They were all aligned against against Russells remaining alliance AND he is extremely valuable in challenges. He was totally safe until close to the merge when he will be viewed as a physical threat. Now they will spilt the vote, at some point, to get the II back in circulation. What a waste. I think it will be easy to blindside him, as well.

Russell. enough said.

Rob is playing an excellent game. I ejoy watching him, always have.
    I agree and disagree here. They may flush it out, but I doubt they'd blindside someone right now who is a physical force to keep their tribe winning. They've seen the result with Ometepe eliminated one of their strongest players (Matt). They'd probably even beaten Ometepe in the challenge they threw to get Russell out.

Plus Everyone wants to make at least the jury when it's every man for himself. Why go and backstab your ally who is a threat and could a. come back from RI and join the other tribe and b. hurt your chances of making jury by taking out a strong player?

And, knowing too that the majority had the idol, they didn't have to worry so much about Russell's old alliance finding it. If they have Ralph use it, there's a chance that they can find it and then Russell's gals have a shot (they are not good game players, irritating and we can have them out). They do however have to keep it mum to those two or it'll be washed out.

If - and I do stress if - Ralph plays it smart, he can use the HII to the effect of Yul and at least get far into the game, making at least jury.

FORT Fogey

JavaJo

It was a display of questionalble IQ's.

Rob is a a witty man. I enjoy his interactions with Philip. He knows exactly how to handle him. Philip is very proud, thinking like he is being a covert agent for Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Why in the world did Russel (and Philip, for that matter) think that the information given to the other tribe was even remotely "game changing"? This was what? The third ejection? So much can happen before the merge. Half the people Russel called out might not even be there, they might be aligned with someone else by then and Fuzzy Wuzzy's idol might be out of play by that point. Funny that the pair of them really thought they were doing something.

Rob's one-liners about Philip crack me up.
    Spot on, JavaJo. Russell was trying to prop himself up by thinking his "revelations" would somehow cause him to stay relevant in the game after his departure. And Phillip - poor, deluded pink-pantied Phillip with his bits hanging out - would have no idea what to do with all that meaningless information suddenly swirling around in his head, mingling with all the disjointed information already residing in there.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread