+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 3/9 show discussion thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I posted it in the appropriate thread as well, and I've been one of only two people to respond to "Face Off's" episode from yesterday. There really isn't as big of an interest in the show.
    I DVR it and haven't had a chance to watch yet. I was disappointed to read the spoiler before I even realized it. Not posting doesn't mean we're not watching.

OK, to make this a Survivor post: glad to see "Ressell" gone. I never would have thought the producers would have let that happen so soon in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    I remember when they were permitted to bring a luxury item. Is that still allowed?
    Do they really need one these days? I mean, they are running around with shovels and more food and who knows what-all else from day one now.

Along the same line, does anyone wish they would quit having so many 'feast' rewards, or that they would stop giving them so many tarps, blankets, etc? I liked it better when the Survivors were deprived! Not that they're living in luxury now, but in quite a few of the early seasons these people who start out model-thin would have never made it even halfway.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Do they really need one these days? I mean, they are running around with shovels and more food and who knows what-all else from day one now.

Along the same line, does anyone wish they would quit having so many 'feast' rewards, or that they would stop giving them so many tarps, blankets, etc? I liked it better when the Survivors were deprived! Not that they're living in luxury now, but in quite a few of the early seasons these people who start out model-thin would have never made it even halfway.
    Remember the first season when Gervase won an individual challenge and his reward was one slice of pizza (which I believe he shared so everybody got a bite)? Those were the days.

God I hate the Yellow tribe. They are all drinking Rob's kool aid like their bodies are made up of it, not water. I hope you all pay for voting Christina out! Get ready to endure more Phillip, you all brought this on yourself!

I bet Rob probably got them to promise building materials as part of the negotiations to get him back. Hopefully, they go back to roughing it next season.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I bet Rob probably got them to promise building materials as part of the negotiations to get him back. Hopefully, they go back to roughing it next season.
    Do we know whether Rob and Russell (or anybody else) received a guaranteed minimum payment or some other benefit to get them on the show? Even if it's not cash, it would be easy to set up a speaking tour or a consulting contract or some other remuneration. Last season, I couldn't help but wonder whether Jimmy Johnson got some kind of guarantee. After all, at his level one day of his time is worth thousands of dollars.

I agree on the feast rewards - though in the case of the grill that made sense to at least break it in with a dinner.

That said, sometimes I think they've OVER compensated after the very dangerous first Africa season. That one was super brutal - little water, just the tinned foods/rice, not much they could do because the animals weren't as afraid of humans. That one any contestant in it deserved their money, be it three days or all 39 days.

But I've noticed since season 3 they've had more food rewards. Don't mind them when there is a harder time to get food, but most of the seasons post the first Africa one food has been easier to find. Not super caloric mind you (Gina mentioned in Marquesas they caught lots of crabs, but the calories amounted to probably 400/day per person), but enough to fill their stomachs).

I'm sure this is probably at Jeff Probst's thread, but here's his video blog, with a Skype interview with Russell just after the show last night:

Jeff Probst
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was very glad to see Russell go, but I'm not a big fan of Matt and his belief that his belief in God was going to give him the win. (Although I admit Russell is enough to try the patience of any Almighty!) I can do without the believers who drag their gods into Survivor--as though any god worth worshiping would be intervening in a game show, so I"ll be rooting for Kristina to win the next round.

Re the question about the clothes....players from past seasons have said that they do not get to choose their clothes....not even clear if the clothes are actually among the ones they've brought with them on the trip. I don't know if that is true for every season, but certainly has been true for many, and recently.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    ... (Gina mentioned in Marquesas they caught lots of crabs, but the calories amounted to probably 400/day per person), but enough to fill their stomachs)....
    A severe weight-loss diet is typically about 1200 to 1500 calories per day, depending on the person's weight and health, and usually has a minimum of about 30 grams of protein. A diet of 400 calories a day means slowly starving to death, with numerous ill effects in the interim. The drama and tension of "Survivor" depend on game play, challenges, strategy, alliances, etc. I just don't see any reason that the players couldn't get at least an unlimited supply of rice, maybe with some powdered milk and a few cans of tuna. Even a lifeboat or a bomb shelter is stocked with survival biscuits. Or if food needs to be part of the game, maybe there should be a competition every day where the winning team gets a great meal and the loser gets gruel. But watching people starve is not much fun.

+ Reply to Thread