+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    You can bet that Rob made sure he positioned himself properly to be wherever he needed to be to give the super-secret, special agent "right hand on shoulder" signal to Mr. Fuschia Panties.

Well, since there was some editing trickery last night, we can't be sure what Ralph did. If my eyes weren't deceiving me, after Ralph found the idol, they showed him placing the wrapped package back where he found it. I was thinking how stupid he was for doing that because Russell would find it. But then later, they showed him holding the idol. So, unless I saw things incorrectly, it's hard to figure out exactly what he did with the idol and when. It would be awesome if he did place a fake idol back, and Russell finds it and thinks it's real! Wishful thinking! Next week should be interesting.

And how hilarious was it when Rob and his 5 minions were watching secret agent man trying to kill the crab? The narration there (can't remember which guy was doing that) was hysterical!
    I gasped when he put it back in the tree and later wondered why the editing even included that since we saw immediately that he didn't leave it there.

And yes, the crab stalking was hysterical. One of the best all time comedic moments to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Somebody suggested the teams should be given official Survivor clothes or at least encouraged to wear things of the same color. I think that would be really good. But how do they get what they have now? I saw Andrea wearing a Survivor miniskirt (below) and somebody else had a Survivor top on. Do they make these out of Bandanas or something? I wish the logo was smaller on them too.
    They're not made into skirts or tube tops. The buffs as they're called are actually tubes of fabric that they use to put on their heads, arms, necks, whatnot.

I think Jenna from season 1 got the idea to use it as a tube top and little Kim (the dark haired one) from the first Africa season learned to turn it into a miniskirt.

and I almost forgot to mention Phillip's new word... "Galenteererly" ??? something like that?? I think he was shooting for "gallantry". Gotta get some treatment for that dry mouth!

I was rewinding and looking for the scene where he said that but couldn't find it again. Does anyone remember where that happened?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    You can bet that Rob made sure he positioned himself properly to be wherever he needed to be to give the super-secret, special agent "right hand on shoulder" signal to Mr. Fuschia Panties.
    When Rob put his hand on Kristina's shoulder, she got this look on her face like, Who's touching me??

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I honestly don't remember Rob's first season that well, but I think the problem this time out is by eliminating Matt, he's left with two other guys in terms of physical threats at immunity challenges, and one of them is the wacky Phillip. None of the women on his team seem overly strong or fast or skilled. They could continue to take a beating at the challenges, and if they do, he could be seriously down in numbers by the merge, and I don't think anyone on the other team is going to be eager to keep him around. They certainly haven't been overly charmed by Russell thus far.

In addition, by blindsiding Matt, he's lost one of his female followers as well. Andrea was clearly hurt by what happened. If the rest of them have a collective brain between them (and I'm not sure that they do), they should also be made really suspicious by that blindside Rob orchestrated against someone he claimed was in his alliance. If he can do it to Matt on the pretext that Matt was out of line for showing what amounted to good sportsmanship, then he can do it to any one of them too.
    Rob did the same thing last season and it was his downfall. He got rid of the strong guy early because he was a threat to Rob and then they lost the challenges and went into the merge short-handed. And then Rob was immediately voted out.

His team was excited to have Rob instead of Russell but their games are pretty similar. It's all about them and vote out anyone who they believe is a threat to them to hell with whether it helps you in the long haul or not.

I simply can't fathom how after going 0-2 in challenges it is a good idea to get rid of a strong guy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13 View Post
    I can't believe people think Rob is so smart. That was a MORONIC move made out of paranoia and insecurity. He kept people in the game who he can't trust and voted someone out who was COMPLETELY loyal to him.

He lost two people out of his alliance. They are basically telling Andrea that they don't want or need her on board. That is not good game play no matter how you spin it.
    I figure if Rob was so smart, he would have a better track record on this show. Sure he seems to have all the tools to play a decent game, but 2 of his first 3 attempts he went pre-jury. Had the tribe switch not occured on Marquesas, I bet his tribe would have kept right on losing. He might have made the jury that way, but not much further. AS he was up against a bunch of morons who put friendship over gameplay (I'm giving him credit there, however, because he actually played the game whereas everyone else that had any sort of gameplay was booted by the brillant mastermind Lex). Which reminds me, he had an issue with Matt shaking the hands of the winning tribe, but hurried over to Lex during AS and begged him to save Amber. The women in Rob's alliance/place of worship are probably more likely to stick around over the guys. So if they have any brains, they should get Kristina and Andrea on their side (Phillip is a lost cause) and get rid of Rob. He's going to screw them over at some point. I agree with the notion that Matt probably wouldn't have flip flopped sides and would have been a good trojan horse to keep around. If they want to get rid of the couple, they should have booted Andrea. Matt would probably have been more of an assett. However, I think Rob is more threatened by keeping the men around (besides Phillip, but we've seen he's not too bright). He's entertaining, but I do hope his tribe attempts to do something for themselves and not just follow Rob's orders. However, I'm not counting on it Wait for the sour grapes when they take the walk of shame.

I have a feeling that last nights actions are going to bite Rob...sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
    When Rob put his hand on Kristina's shoulder, she got this look on her face like, Who's touching me??
    I know! That was hilarious!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I don't think either one of them will make it that far. They both underestimate their opponents. Both Rob & Russell think that they are WAY smarter than anyone else on their team and feel like they are untouchable.

I hated to see Matt leave. It was stupid to vote him off. He was a part of your alliance and even if he is "playing the nice, christian boy role", he is not the type of person who is going to be good at deceiving anyone. Plus he would probably be loyal to his alliance until the bitter end including spilling the beans on anyone who tried to backstab another member.

It was Rob's insecurity that caused him to get Matt out. He has never been a good player in this game, other than puzzle solving. His overconfidence will do him in again.

I played sports my whole life and I would not have thought twice about a member of my team shaking the other team's hand. That is what you do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot, too self-involved, or just doesn't understand healthy competition.

I hope you make it back Matt. You seem deserving.
    I wholeheartedly agree with everything that you wrote about Matt. I think that Matt intended to play as honest a game as he could, and Rob may have misread him. Just because Matt was talking to Andrea did not automatically mean that he was trying to become a "couple" with her. I think that that was just Rob's own paranoia working overtime.

And Grant better be careful about who he is caught talking to. If Rob sees him talking with any of the young attractive women on the tribe, he might be the next to go.

I hope Matt makes it back too.

and I almost forgot to mention Phillip's new word... "Galenteererly" ??? something like that?? I think he was shooting for "gallantry". Gotta get some treatment for that dry mouth!

I was rewinding and looking for the scene where he said that but couldn't find it again. Does anyone remember where that happened?
    It was the scene when they got back to camp after losing the challenge. (27:35)

Philip: "I want to say to all my fellow contestants and tribe members, I thought you guys performed gallantry-lee ..."

He could have just left it at "gallantry" but we all know Phil's linguistic difficulties. Dry mouth, lol.

+ Reply to Thread