+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 2/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think that's why Rob got rid of him. He's getting rid of all his threats that could possibly charm the ladies their way instead of his. It's the same boneheaded strategy he tried in Marquesas and it didn't exactly work. I was sad to see Matt go, and am so over Phillip. He doesn't add anything and while I found him entertaining last week, he's got an overinflated opinion and ego of himself. Russell got a stronger tribe physically and obviously won't have a bunch of minions this time doing his every order like Rob seems to have. I'll be disappointed if this season is a bunch of following the leader and no actual game play. I'm betting Russell and Rob make it at least to the merge, just so the producers can really milk the "rivalry". I wouldn't be surprised if they go head to head at RI. Which, sadly, I don't think anyone voted off pre-merge will be around for when it comes time for someone to re-enter the game. Whoever comes back I'm guessing will have been a recent cast off. I don't think Rob cares if they lose challenge after challenge...as long as he controls the votes, he's good as gold. Which isn't a bad thing, just think down the road where you'll be with numbers. Not to mention that these idiots following him around will get screwed over at some point. Phillip's going to continue to annoy his tribe, so keeping him might not be a bad move considering, because eventually they'll get rid of him. Of course, Danny made it all the way to the final 5 last season and did absolutely nothing along the way. So who knows I do hate seeing people go over Rob/Russell, though. They've had 3 and 4 chances to play the game; this will likely be Francesca and Matt's only time.

As for Ralph-yay Rooster! Even though I like Russell, I'm kind of enjoying a sceanrio where he's trying desperately to get his tribe to do what he wants and prove he's not to messed with and having it all fall on deaf ears. I'm glad Ralph stood up to him. Russell isn't a threat of a person. The others could easily take him out. He needs a better game plan than acting like a troll. I kind of like his tribe better at the moment.
    I get what you are saying about Rob's strategy, but it would have made more sense to get rid of the the weaker player (Andrea?) first if he was wanting to break up a potential couple, which is what he first said. Then his reason was that he didn't like that Matt shook hands with the opposing tribe after they won the immunity challenge. In my book, this early in the game, neither of those reasons would justify turning on someone within your own alliance - especially Matt who was very loyal to Rob.

I don't remember much about Rob from his first season, but I am not liking him right now. Just like you said, he took out Francesca and Matt, and they probably won't ever get another chance to come back on Survivor again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I get what you are saying about Rob's strategy, but it would have made more sense to get rid of the the weaker player (Andrea?) first if he was wanting to break up a potential couple, which is what he first said. Then his reason was that he didn't like that Matt shook hands with the opposing tribe after they won the immunity challenge. In my book, this early in the game, neither of those reasons would justify turning on someone within your own alliance - especially Matt who was very loyal to Rob.

I don't remember much about Rob from his first season, but I am not liking him right now. Just like you said, he took out Francesca and Matt, and they probably won't ever get another chance to come back on Survivor again.
    I agree. I'm having a hard time telling the girls apart, except for Kristina (for being the dumbest to ever get the game off the ground), Francesca, and the female firefighter on Russell's tribe. Everyone else blurs together. Maybe it's looking back at previous women who knew how to play this game, but I'd be more willing to trust a guy out there than I would another girl (of course I'd absolutely stink at the whole strategizing aspect). I don't know how much of a couples threat Andrea and Matt would have been at this stage, but I think Matt would have stuck by Rob in the long term. It reminds me of Rob getting rid of the stronger players in his original season. I think someone already brought that up, but while keeping an alliance may be key, making enemies in dividing your tribe right off the bat isn't smart or getting rid of the people who can help you win the challenges (and, unlike the first time, Matt was actually on Rob's side at first). I remember the original people Rob gunned for in Marquesas weren't.

I know it's not Rob or Russell's fault they were asked back, and they have a right to do whatever it takes to stick around. But I'm tired of the AS concept, and especially bored when the producers bring back their own designated favorites for whatever reason. Bobby Jon and Stephenie in Guatemala sort of made sense, but here? I still don't get why they needed to do it with these two. I think a non physical challenge is coming where Rob's team can win. Hopefully the others in his tribe wise up in the mean time. The first episode was so good, and I don't want this season to repeat last season. That was a snooze fest.

I get why Rob sent Matt packing. Him and Andrea got too close too fast and that's not good. How long would it have been before they started swaying other people to their side and ousted Rob? As much as it sucks because Matt was a sweetie and a strong body for the tribe, I get it. Personally, I might have waited another week but that's still a risk.

I love Ralph. I don't care how he found the idol.....if I remember correctly, Russel stumbled upon a few as well. I think it's awesome that Russel has no clue it's no longer hidden. Another point...nobody knew Russel's game his first season so his strategy worked. Then while that season was airing, they were filming his second season....and once again, nobody really had any idea about his game play. However....these people KNOW him. His same old strategy isn't going to work, but he's cocky enough to believe that it will.

Philip....I have no words. He's kooky and cocky but I have to give him credit. He gave Rob his word and he kept it. My husband was wondering how Rob was going to explain asking him to vote for Kris when everyone obviously voted for Matt. That's easy. Rob just needs to say to Philip that he needed to KNOW he could trust him and this was a test. Then stroke his ginormous ego by saying how pleased he is that he's a man of honor and how he passed the test with flying colors. Rob will have him eating out of his hand.

I love Rob. He's so wily and he's one of the few I've seen lead a tribe without coming off as an asshat.

I'm enjoying this season. The only thing marring it for me is Philip's Under-roo's. He should have bought some big boy underpants before leaving home. Every time I see him in them, I half expect to see Superman across his ass.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That's what we were yelling too..."make a fake one!!"

That would be THE BEST TC EVUH!!!
    Thank you...I was yelling the same thing!! Ralph could have wrapped it in the same burlap that he found it in that says "you have found the HII" and it would have looked completely legit. Since Russel hasn't figured out the hiding spot yet, I think Ralph still has time, although if this were to happen I would assume they would have teased about it in next week's preview and they didn't. I was also surprised they went to the challenge at 25 minutes into the show- it went soooo quickly and they didn't even have the Redemption duel yet. I have a feeling they will be combing reward/immunity challenges a lot this season- there just isn't time for 2 challenges, a duel, and a tribal council. We would never get to see anything that happens at camp. I so wish Survivor was 90 minutes!

I love Rob and I am glad he's back. I just love watching him charm his tribe into doing whatever he wants. He played that whole vote last night like a fine violin. "you say you are voting for X, but actually vote for Y. The rest of us will vote for Z. Phil you vote for whomever I put my hand on at TC and keep yourself quiet. It will blindside this person, force the immunity idol, and restore my faith in Phillip". It really was a thing of beauty to have all those moving parts actually work together in the end. I don't necessarily think voting out Matt was the best move, but it was fun to watch. I also wonder what would have happened if Rob was not sitting close enough to whomever he wanted Phil to vote for. So far....A+ this season!

FORT Fogey

I agree with Rob making a mistake booting Matt. He was needed for his strength AND, more importantly he has his alliance on edge. You never want to make your alliance feel insecure and he sure did. Matt made a mistake in Robs eyes and poof. They must be thinking, will I fail in his eyes too? And the simultaneious truth is I totally get why he is leary of a couple in his alliance. Rob had the biggest target coming in so he has to figure that into the mix. How they are going to survive challenges with only Rob and Philip as the major strengh is a huge issue.

It may have been better for Rob to talk to Matt about his concerns and I bet Matt would have turned himself around. He seemed to be very loyal. At least hold off Matts boot for another TC or two.

Yes, too bad Ralph didn't think of making a fake idol. There are few supplies for doing it this early in the game and probably no place to hide and do it but it didn't even cross his mind.

I fear Ralph may be blindsided next week. Russel is out to get him and he may not pick up on it. Russel only has two women in his alliance, will the others be smart enough to get Russel out the first chance they get? It is clear they lose next week. And good for you Ralph for keeping the fact you found it to yourself!

I agree Maybabie, I love Rob and ejoyed his ability to handle Philip and his quiet easy charm. They must be able to sit where they want in TC because Rob clearly engineered his place on the bench to alert Philip.
    Last edited by shoepie; 02-24-2011 at 08:17 AM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    . . . Little Judd (Matt) could come back, who knows? It'll be different and interesting to see who comes back into the game ... and into which tribe, that might be interesting, huh? They never said they'd return to the same tribe.

Ralph (Monkey Man) stumbled onto the idol, it was pure luck, he was looking for rocks...I'd like to know why, by the way. . . .
    I was trying to speed read down through the Redemption Island rules while Francesca was looking at them. I think one of the rules was, "If you win a challenge, drop your buff into the fire and return to the game."

I'm the last person to know anything about outdoor life, but when I saw the rocks that Ralph was picking up, I thought they looked like the kind of rocks I've seen around campfires. Just a guess on my part, though. (I fell in love with Ralph last night. )

FORT Fogey

I think the best moment was after Rob prepped Philip on what to say in TC. He told him to announce that he was worried that he may be eliminated. Philip then says, do you want me to say that now? Rob replies, no later!

You know the minute he walked into the interview they knew they hit pay dirt. I wonder if someone found him and walked him in or if he applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I also wonder what would have happened if Rob was not sitting close enough to whomever he wanted Phil to vote for. So far....A+ this season!
    You can bet that Rob made sure he positioned himself properly to be wherever he needed to be to give the super-secret, special agent "right hand on shoulder" signal to Mr. Fuschia Panties.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    Yes, too bad Ralph didn't think of making a fake idol. There are few supplies for doing it this early in the game and probably no place to hide and do it but it didn't even cross his mind.
    Well, since there was some editing trickery last night, we can't be sure what Ralph did. If my eyes weren't deceiving me, after Ralph found the idol, they showed him placing the wrapped package back where he found it. I was thinking how stupid he was for doing that because Russell would find it. But then later, they showed him holding the idol. So, unless I saw things incorrectly, it's hard to figure out exactly what he did with the idol and when. It would be awesome if he did place a fake idol back, and Russell finds it and thinks it's real! Wishful thinking! Next week should be interesting.

And how hilarious was it when Rob and his 5 minions were watching secret agent man trying to kill the crab? The narration there (can't remember which guy was doing that) was hysterical!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I hope you're right. He's acting awfully sure of himself already--at this point, no one should be that sure of making it to the final two. I personally hope neither Rob nor Russell even makes it as far as the jury.
    I don't think either one of them will make it that far. They both underestimate their opponents. Both Rob & Russell think that they are WAY smarter than anyone else on their team and feel like they are untouchable.

I hated to see Matt leave. It was stupid to vote him off. He was a part of your alliance and even if he is "playing the nice, christian boy role", he is not the type of person who is going to be good at deceiving anyone. Plus he would probably be loyal to his alliance until the bitter end including spilling the beans on anyone who tried to backstab another member.

It was Rob's insecurity that caused him to get Matt out. He has never been a good player in this game, other than puzzle solving. His overconfidence will do him in again.

I played sports my whole life and I would not have thought twice about a member of my team shaking the other team's hand. That is what you do. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an idiot, too self-involved, or just doesn't understand healthy competition.

I hope you make it back Matt. You seem deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I get why Rob sent Matt packing. Him and Andrea got too close too fast and that's not good. How long would it have been before they started swaying other people to their side and ousted Rob? As much as it sucks because Matt was a sweetie and a strong body for the tribe, I get it. Personally, I might have waited another week but that's still a risk.
    I can't believe people think Rob is so smart. That was a MORONIC move made out of paranoia and insecurity. He kept people in the game who he can't trust and voted someone out who was COMPLETELY loyal to him.

He lost two people out of his alliance. They are basically telling Andrea that they don't want or need her on board. That is not good game play no matter how you spin it.

+ Reply to Thread