+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Well, as far as Rob's tribe goes (don't remember the name), I'd put my money on next TC being a flushing out of Kristina's idol with Secret Agent Man going, then Kristina herself...barring some miracle. But who knows, miracles happen.

Again, did anyone else notice the logs/timbers/beams they all used for making shelter? The ends were sawed flat...did anyone notice that they were given saws? We were shown the large box of nails, hammers, hatchets, etc. (which I think is the wussification of Survivor). Did they saw the ends flat themselves, or might they have been left there for them? Shelter building seemed mighty convenient this time.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So I got around to watching the episode after reading all the comments here, and it didn't disappoint. Whereas I can barely remember what happened the first episode of last season (let alone the entire season), last night's was entertainment at its finest. I'm still not crazy about Rob/Russell being there again, but they are, so I'll deal and hope it's worth it. There's much worse choices I can think of.

Francesca got an edit early on that I figured meant she was being booted first, if not within the next 2 or 3 TC. Whether it's a mistake or not time will tell. For someone who said she wanted to play a game like Cirie and Boston Rob she didn't take very good notes. Cuddle right up to the enemy and you have a better shot at lasting longer, or at least long enough to potentially overthrow them. It still amazes me 22 seasons in how stupid some people can be with revealing details that are strategic to their own survival. But I guess it wouldn't be as entertaining if everyone kept their yaps shut.

I think I'm willing to give this season a chance. I almost want Phillip around for entertainment purposes, but I don't think he'll last too much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3 View Post
    Yes they had a video montage (when they cut to commercials) of a 'can you imagine' or what if during Season _____ if ______ had a chance to go to Redemption Island - think how many challenges _____ had won. Or ______ was blindsided so what if ______ was able to get an opportunity to challenge and get back in the game -
    Thank you for the answer! I figured it was something like that. I had already deleted the show so I couldn't go back and watch it with the commercial skip turned off.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I finally had a chance to watch and I'm still laughing over Phillip's stupidity at TC. Jeff called the TC amazing and I agree. Philip has no filter and is loonier than a loon. I also love that they placed a couple of question marks after his professed profession in his ITMs. Francesca was Rob's target from the mat, but now Kristina has ticked him off (and by extension, his young'uns) by not telling him she found the idol. (What was on the parchment she found with the idol? Another HI clue?)

I know you all are entertained by Phillip, and while he did make the TC hysterical, I don't know how long I can stand to see him around camp. If they lose the IC next week, Rob will have his worshipers split the vote again and force the idol. Maybe, then, Phillip will have to fight Francesca for the right to be a placeholder on Redemption Island. That would be a hoot since she never wants to see him again.

Once again the losing tribe received flint within 12 hours of the winning tribe receiving flint. And I also think the tool box and ready poles were too easy. Both tribes now have adequate shelter - at least until they receive a tarp.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    I am really loving all the shirtless Mike moments.

Hot? Marine? Funny? Seems relatively intelligent? Yes, please!

Not so excited about Russel and Rob. I was fans of both, but...enough is enough at some point. They've had their shots. Multiple times. That TC was to die for though. Phillip's craziness (shades of Coach?), Rob asking for the idol, and Jeff's faces were great. Loved it!

I just laughed and laughed at Francesca, with her chin in her hands, calmly correcting Phillip every time he mangled saying her name. The whole tc was so comical, it was great!

exactly!!!!!!!!

can't believe phillip's outburst. i can't stand him. i hope he is gone soon!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    Kristina-this woman has got to think before she acts! She's an eager little beaver! Honestly, Philip couldn't keep a secret about himself and you are going to trust him with the news that you have an idol? Not a good move.

me too, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post

I love how his caption reads : Former Federal Agent ?

i hope both, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post

Speaking of interesting dynamics and "what if"...What if Phillip is the one to join Francesca on Redemption Island? Will she give him the knee in his fuschia place? Or, just gouge out his eyes?

per Photobabe:
    Speaking of interesting dynamics and "what if"...What if Phillip is the one to join Francesca on Redemption Island? Will she give him the knee in his fuschia place? Or, just gouge out his eyes?
    That would be a paradox. In order to knee him in his fuschia place, she would have to gouge her eyes out first, but in order to see his fuschia place she would need those eyes.
    So I go for keeping her head and eyes north of the toxic zone and gouge out his eyes, in order for her to keep hers.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

+ Reply to Thread