+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Am I understand that there are folks who believe this guy was/is an actual agent of the government?!?! No way in hell this guy could pass the psych exam...not to mention you dont [generally] retire from the govt at 50. And three agencies? Thats a lot of training. And I got the impression that he was trying to sell that he was a member of the intelligence community with all his jabbering about reading people, etc...newsflash, someone in clandestine operations is not in the habit of broadcasting their job title--even if they are retired they have still seen and know people who are connected to that world...its not something you even share with your friends, much less 10 million viewers.

I love how his caption reads : Former Federal Agent ?

That was a great first episode! Certainly helps to put the snooze-fest that was last season to the back of my mind.

Love seeing Rob back. Russell seems to have shrunk. I swear he's the shortest on his tribe. Christina is too aggressive too fast and really screwed herself over by outing her idol to Phillip. I kind of liked Francesca (loved how she kept correcting Phillip as he murdered her name during TC) and I hope she gets back in the game, and hopefully stays away from Christina and Phillip. At least she knew that they didn't have the numbers to pull off a Rob blindside and what they would end up doing is just make the rest of the tribe mad at them. Christina was so full of herself at the idea of being the one to oust Rob in the first TC, she couldn't see how stupid the idea was.

And what, are they just tossing HIIs into the bushes every 5 feet or so? I guess so Russell can find two, or twenty, again this season.

That was one of the best TC's ever, and it's only the first one. Jeff's face was priceless. I swear he looked at Rob and they exchanged a "can you believe these morons!?" glance.

And typical Russell, hooking up with the young girl. Wonder if he will call her a dumb biotch too? Ugh. Here's hoping the furry-chested hillbilly will take Russell out. That would be awesome.

Oh, and for the love of God someone please give Phillip some pants to wear. My eyes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    And all these people voted for Franchesa. Stupid, stupid, stupid. You should have voted for Rob! You always take out the ones with more experience first!
    The huge problem with taking out Rob right away is that he is very strong in challenges, and right now they need strong players to keep their tribe from being decimated. With only four men on it, Ometepe is clearly physically weaker than Zapatera already, especially considering that Zapatera has dominant strength in Farmer Ralph and NFL player Steve Wright. So voting Rob out would be challenge suicide for Ometepe.

In the last few seasons, it seems there has been a definite shift towards people playing a more individual strategy immediately, instead of trying to keep their tribe strong so they go into the merge with numbers. I think it is a flawed strategy. If Ometepe loses another challenge, Rob better start thinking about cutting loose one of his dainty little star-crossed groupies, or that tribe will be doomed.
    Last edited by mushybrain; 02-17-2011 at 01:08 AM.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The biggest idiot ever on Survivor: Philip.

Who outs his alliance during Tribal Council?

Too bad Russell wasn't allowed to watch this he would have been laughing his ass off.

Lots of people....just not at the FIRST TC.

I have trouble believing he was a federal agent. A Fed has to be able to keep a secret and Philip certainly does not have that ability. Maybe he means he worked with the Feds as a narc?

And though I wouldn't be for Rob jumping to another reality show, I almost wish they could pluck in the Big Brother house for a few weeks. He'd really liven things up there.
    I like the way you think!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    The huge problem with taking out Rob right away is that he is very strong in challenges, and right now they need strong players to keep their tribe from being decimated. With only four men on it, Ometepe is clearly physically weaker than Zapatera already, especially considering that Zapatera has dominant strength in Farmer Ralph and NFL player Steve Wright. So voting Rob out would be challenge suicide for Ometepe.

In the last few seasons, it seems there has been a definite shift towards people playing a more individual strategy immediately, instead of trying to keep their tribe strong so they go into the merge with numbers. I think it is a flawed strategy. If Ometepe loses another challenge, Rob better start thinking about cutting loose one of his dainty little star-crossed groupies, or that tribe will be doomed.
    That is true, but just personally if I was on the game I'd want everybody to be on equal playing field with no experience. Just my opinion. I'd feel too threatened.

FORT Regular

Phillip is just a FACEPALM. Wow. Entertaining but what a moron. How can this many seasons of survivor have passed and people cant seem to understand that if you keep your mouth shut the first little while, chances are you will last.

I like Francesca, I think she had potential, but she didn't start out making the smartest moves. The minute she sees Rob and Russell she makes it known that she knows they can't be trusted. If you watch this game and want to stay in you would know this is when you you jump in on the lovefest. Those are two guys who need their egos stroked and to feel that you are not a threat. If you think Philip and Christina were bad then she is the leader of the pack. She made the first huge public mistake of the game.

This is why I have a problem with the seasons where they mix the vets with the newbies. People who have played and played and yes, played this game a third time have no business in with these green bananas. You're sending them in there to get picked off for no other reason than CBS believes we can't love or hate anyone but Rob or Russell. Enough already! I like Rob okay, can't stand Russell a bit, but unless it's an all star season they should not be back. I hope that Francesca makes it back but really, why? They will keep sending her to Redemption Island. All of a sudden Survivor has turned into one of those Real world/RR challenge shows. There's something sad about watching a grade A show like Survivor become a 2nd rate knockoff of a show that learned everything from them. I have hope for Survivor only because it's one of my favorite shows but would love to see a Survivor-back to basics edition pretty soon. Maybe not so bad that they're eating rats again but a little more brutal than what we have now.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 02-17-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I think it's funny that one of the "Francesca" names written down was spelled "Francesqua"- just like how Phillip kept pronouncing it. I know he "had a dry mouth and is getting treatment", but apparently that causes him to spell it the same way on paper too.

Also...why is this thread titled 8/16/11 and not 2/16/11?

Re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    That was a great first episode! Certainly helps to put the snooze-fest that was last season to the back of my mind.

Love seeing Rob back. Russell seems to have shrunk. I swear he's the shortest on his tribe. Christina is too aggressive too fast and really screwed herself over by outing her idol to Phillip. I kind of liked Francesca (loved how she kept correcting Phillip as he murdered her name during TC) and I hope she gets back in the game, and hopefully stays away from Christina and Phillip. At least she knew that they didn't have the numbers to pull off a Rob blindside and what they would end up doing is just make the rest of the tribe mad at them. Christina was so full of herself at the idea of being the one to oust Rob in the first TC, she couldn't see how stupid the idea was.

And what, are they just tossing HIIs into the bushes every 5 feet or so? I guess so Russell can find two, or twenty, again this season.

That was one of the best TC's ever, and it's only the first one. Jeff's face was priceless. I swear he looked at Rob and they exchanged a "can you believe these morons!?" glance.

And typical Russell, hooking up with the young girl. Wonder if he will call her a dumb biotch too? Ugh. Here's hoping the furry-chested hillbilly will take Russell out. That would be awesome.

Oh, and for the love of God someone please give Phillip some pants to wear. My eyes!!

So true!!!

Re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

I really enjoyed last nights episode. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thank having Rob and Russell back makes for some interesting dynamics. I suspect they will be used as long as the tribe thinks they are contributing, then discarded.

Please put some pants on Phillip! Yikes!

And those "What if" moments...

Speaking of interesting dynamics and "what if"...What if Phillip is the one to join Francesca on Redemption Island? Will she give him the knee in his fuschia place? Or, just gouge out his eyes?

+ Reply to Thread