+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

FORT Fogey

Re: Survivor **SPOILERS** 2/16/11

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Me too! I also loved watching Jeff's reaction, too. Philip trying to get everyone to stop talking in TC when he wanted to talk was hysterical.

Philip maybe worked in the mail room. He is just not smart enough to be in any job where trust and stealth is required. His need to have everyone know how important he is, is really quite sad.

Christina, oh, Christina, what can I say. She just didn't get it, AT ALL. Where did she think her numbers, to oust Rob, were coming from?! And why did she think Philip was anyone she wanted near her.

I never understand why the person who finds the idol has to share it with another. Just keep it hidden and be aware of when the tide turns so you can use it, for frick sake.

Rob may be able to use Philips stupidity to his advantage. He certainly knows not to share anything important with him!

This is going to be an interesting season. I adore Rob and always have.
    Phillip is the perfect stoolie for Rob to use to his own advantage. Just tell him he's letting him into his (Rob's) inner circle (Phillip will think he's ARRIVED!), pretend to care about his opinion on everything, then when the time is right, tell Phillip about a secret plan which Phillip will then blab to everyone and Rob can do just the opposite. I think Rob will keep Phillip around for his own purposes for a while.

Did anybody else get the impression during the stupid "what if" moments that they were broadcasting their cast for the next All-Stars season?
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

In reading Jeff's blog on jeffprobst.com it sounded to me like it was more of a blind-draw as he mentions the old vs. young of the previous season made the challenges a bit of a yawner. I'm paraphrasing (and probably quite poorly!) but that's my recollection anyway. I read quite a bit on Jeff's website and I recall there was some back and forth about the teams seemingly being uneven in brute-strength on paper but it really not being the case. Jeff seemed glad to not have the old vs young "constraint" and being able to do hard-core physical challenges right out of the gate

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    In reading Jeff's blog on jeffprobst.com it sounded to me like it was more of a blind-draw as he mentions the old vs. young of the previous season made the challenges a bit of a yawner. I'm paraphrasing (and probably quite poorly!) but that's my recollection anyway. I read quite a bit on Jeff's website and I recall there was some back and forth about the teams seemingly being uneven in brute-strength on paper but it really not being the case. Jeff seemed glad to not have the old vs young "constraint" and being able to do hard-core physical challenges right out of the gate
    Thank you. That makes me feel better about the season in general, as I'd have hated to think teams had been arranged around the Rob/Russell twist (which I don't like--I'd rather watch a season where everyone was a newbie or everyone was a previous cast member).

It's hard to believe Rob & Russell are the only two producers think are the best players. I have never liked Rob. I liked Russell for about five minutes am sick of both of these two pompous jerks. It irks me when Jeff keeps bragging on Rob. There are so many past contestants that would have been better than these two wannabe egotistical men. I'm sick of them already, too many times on the show makes a boring show, give others a chance for crying out loud. If they keep up the Rob worship it will be a boring, boring show. I hope someone steps up (if producers allow it) and dumps these two.

I love Rob!

Oceansands said:
    "It's hard to believe Rob & Russell are the only two producers think are the best players. I have never liked Rob. I liked Russell for about five minutes am sick of both of these two pompous jerks. It irks me when Jeff keeps bragging on Rob. There are so many past contestants that would have been better than these two wannabe egotistical men. I'm sick of them already, too many times on the show makes a boring show, give others a chance for crying out loud. If they keep up the Rob worship it will be a boring, boring show. I hope someone steps up (if producers allow it) and dumps these two."

Yes! I so agree with you, Rob is as conceited a jerk as Russell is, but knows how to charm folks more skillfully. I wish them both gone from the show, and that they'd give chances to other excellent players who got to the end without winning to have another go at the prize. Likeable ones! :-)
    Last edited by Beruthiel; 02-19-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Bad grammar!
    All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    It's hard to believe Rob & Russell are the only two producers think are the best players. I have never liked Rob. I liked Russell for about five minutes am sick of both of these two pompous jerks. It irks me when Jeff keeps bragging on Rob. There are so many past contestants that would have been better than these two wannabe egotistical men. I'm sick of them already, too many times on the show makes a boring show, give others a chance for crying out loud. If they keep up the Rob worship it will be a boring, boring show. I hope someone steps up (if producers allow it) and dumps these two.
    I like Rob, but I'm so done with Rob.
    I can't stand Russell and I'm so done with him also.
    Talk about beating a dead horse.

Rob can be charismatic and in his first run at Survivor did an excellent job, even though he didn't win. It often happens that the person doing the best job doesn't necessarily win. To me, he's just resting on those laurels. They keep bringing him back and he still can't win.

Same goes for Russell. They're both great at the game but they don't win so stop telling me they are the greatest players in the history of Survivor. I'm tired of them and I disagree.
    Give me more weirdos like Phillip and his by-line that states: Former Federal Agent ?. I love that question mark they put in there.

To the producers of Survivor: Entertain me but don't patronize me by feeding me nonsense, telling me who's the best player of the game when I can see for myself who a winner is or isn't.

Ugh. I was hoping it wouldn't happen but it did. Those girls got moist over Rob and of course they don't have a full brain between them. THE very first thing to do is to get rid of Rob & Russell. That's a no-brainer, or so one would think. While it would have made their tribe weaker initially, getting rid of Rob would have improved those dummies chances of making it further in the game. Last season when the old vs. young was so lopsided they did the "drop your buffs" routine before the old tribe was decimated and I suspect the same will happen this season. Rob's tribe is clearly physically weaker and doesn't match up with any type of physical challenge against Russell's tribe. But those dumb girls are so smitten with Rob that they don't realize that he's simply just going to use them.

Francesca was my favorite, I just hope she can make it back.

Phillip, lol.

So the Redemption Island thing is their way of dealing with the quitter issue? If someone quits then they can just bring whomever is out there. Poor Francesca, they're just prolonging her suffering.

FORT Regular

I thought Christina had game not to use the idol though. I am not a Rob fan AT ALL. He is just a watered down version of Russel. Blech.

I am getting tired of the kinder and gentler Survivor. And I am getting tired of them throwing in a veteran. I liked Francesca too.

+ Reply to Thread