14. Earl
    15. Todd
    16. Parvati
    17. Bob
    18. JT
    19. Natalie
    20. Sandra (again)
    21. Fabio

Which winners do you think deserved the win the most? Who deserved it the least?

Who did you love and hate the most?

Fort Member

Re: Best and Worst Winners / Favorite and Least Favorite Winners

Despite what has happened since I still think Richard is the best winner. It maybe because he was the first and we had not seen it before but he read the game so well and I dont think anyone has played it as well since.
    My favourite winner was Ethan, he was just nice, played an honest game and was damn good to look at.
    Worst winner was Vecepia, still dont understand how she won
    Least favourite winner toss up between Amber and Pavati, Amber used Rob and I felt he played while she just used the fact he liked her to get to the final while I have never been a Rob fan he deserved the win, while you could argue the fact that I guess he ultimately shared the winnings I still think he played she coasted. I just dont like the way Pavati plays the game it really urks me, that whole fan/favourite season just annoyed me.

Now seasons 11, 12, 18 and 19 we never got to see and have yet to see 21 (it will be on here later in the year) so I might have missed some brilliant play

Easily the worst winner, for me anyway, is Parvati. Talk about undeserving. Sure she outlasted and some might say she "played" a good game (of simplistic manipulation) but the title Survivor implies more than just being a sycophant in my opinion. She consistently did absolutely nothing around camp (unless it benefited her exclusively) and was just about useless in every other way. Yuck.

The best winner was Fabio. No one gave him even the slightest chance of coming close to winning. But he played it cool, a strategy he planned from the beginning, and it payed off big time.

My favorite non-winner is Colby. He really seems like a genuine nice guy and an honorable human style being, an underrated trait in today's world it seems. He's also a great host on the History Channel Show "Top Shot" and still seems like the same nice guy.

I thought Ozzy was cool too.

Best winners - terms of gameplay and likeability (no particular order):

1. Ethan - who showed you can be nice and still play a great game - I still think he'd won final immunity had he not essentially passed out standing there on the steps and holding the idol in that blazing African sun.

2. Yul - Who really was the only won who's effectively used the hidden immunity idol as a threat, and never had to use it. Russell can't even say that - he's had to use it to bail himself out.

3. Tom - another likeable guy who like Ethan dominated challenges but had the charm so much that he respected Ian's request to be voted out due to promise (though he didn't like that - another admirable trait).

4. Sandra - well, she won twice using very similar strategies and could speak her mind and yet not be voted out in retaliation. That does speak volumes.

5. Bob - for using his mind and listening to Sugar about practicing fire. His opponent in the tie-breaker had no chance. Oh, and he's the only one who has created a very convincing HII that fooled people not once, but twice. That takes smarts - especially since one was actually played, and I think possibly even confused Jeff.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Worst winners - this one in order:

1. Vecepia - won only because of a bitter jury. She shouldn't have won - Neleh should've. I still give props to Zoe - part of that Rotu 4 - for admitting that. Vee didn't play, has used religion in a negative incantation, and didn't do a lot. She would've been ousted had not for the tribal switch and Neleh/Paschal cottoned on to the Rotu's plan from that reward challenge.

2. Natalie - I have to admit, I'm not fond of Russell, but I will admit in this case only he was the better player and should've won. He did lose to a bitter jury, and should've learned that he probably did and changed his game play just so and he could've won the second go over Sandra (who I adored in the game, but really should've been ousted because she had already won).

3. Parvati - didn't do much, again a bitter jury. Amanda was the better player overall. I will say though that Parvati lost in "H vs. V" because of her relationship to Russell in the game. She could've beaten Sandra while Russel couldn't that go.

4. Amber - coat tails, though I do like her. Am glad her marriage to Rob is strong after all these years (and him going to these challenges and staying there a couple of months). Too many reality TV romances are not that way, and I can only think of two lasting at least as long as theirs (Trista/Ryan the other).

5. Richard - may shock you here, but when you don't pay your taxes, go to the extreme of using your sexual orientation as an attempt to get your conviction overturned (i.e. discrimination), insist that CBS pay your taxes on stuff they don't have control over (radio appearance - which still put him in default on his taxes), and thinks that he shouldn't be going to jail for violating his probation by NOT PAYING HIS TAXES, then yes, he is not a good winner overall. Strategically, yes, he was - whole picture, no.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 02-09-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Favorite:

1) Richard Hatch (Borneo): What else can be said that hasn't already. He surprised even the producers by winning, considering how cocky and arrogant they believed he was, and they figured he'd be the first one out given his behavior in the first 3 days. Even when everyone else thought it was really about survival and who could be the best around camp, he didn't. Nowadays, game play like his rarely gets rewarded because people get too offended. Even during AS he tried to form an alliance and be loyal. Lex might have benefitted keeping him around. I doubt Rich would have seen any good reason to keep Amber over Jerri.

2) Parvati (FvsF): Even though I believe she won partly due to the other jurors not liking Amanda as much, she played a much better game than in Cook Islands. I appreciated that she actually changed her game and recognized everyone around her. If anyone else had been smart enough, they would have gotten rid of her when they had the numbers, or at least part of her alliance members. And now that I remember, she was actually due to get booted early, had Cirie not flip flopped to her side and voted Yau off third.

3) Danni (Guatemala): For sliding back under the radar and being way out numbered as her former tribe got picked off at the merge. I think it says something that she managed to get to the end and that Stephenie had ticked off practically the entire jury ensuring her win. I wouldn't say Stephenie did anything worthy to win, and Danni did win more on popularity, but she earned it more than some others who won based on that.

Honorable mention goes to Sandra. It says something to win twice. Even though both times she was up against more unlikeable candidates. But speaking her mind and not holding anything back, and still winning, I admire her for.

Least Favorite:

1) Vecepia (Marquesas): It should have been Neleh

2) Amber (AS): Why she was asked to be an AS in the first place I'll never figure out. Luckily Rob got part of the million. She owes it to him.

3) Chris (Vanuatu): Of all the guys to be the last one standing in Vanuatu, I wish it had been any of them but him.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

For me,

Most deserving: Richard / Tina / Brian / Chris / Tom / Yul / Todd / Parvati

Least: Vecepia / Jenna / Amber / Danni / Bob

Everyone else in the middle.

Most loved / Favorites: Richard / Sandra / Chris / Yul / Earl / Bob / Fabio

Least loved: Jenna / Aras / Parvati

Everyone else, in the middle.

Another thing we can look at is which of the finalists each season deserved it the most.

Here's that list.

1. Richard vs Kelly (4-3)

2. Tina vs Colby (4-3)

3. Ethan vs Kim J. (5-2)

4. Vecepia vs Neleh (4-3)

5. Brian vs Clay (4-3)

6. Jenna vs Matthew (6-1)

7. Sandra vs Lill (6-1)

8. Amber vs Rob M. (4-3)

9. Chris vs Twila (5-2)

10. Tom vs Katie (6-1)

11. Danni vs Stephenie (6-1)

12. Aras vs Danielle (5-2)

13. Yul vs Ozzy vs Becky (5-4-0)

14. Earl vs Cassandra vs Dreamz (9-0-0)

15. Todd vs Courtney vs Amanda (4-2-1)

16. Parvati vs Amanda (5-3)

17. Bob vs Susie vs Sugar (4-3-0)

18. JT vs Stephen (7-0)

19. Natalie vs Russell H. vs Mick (7-2-0)(?)

20. Sandra vs Parvati vs Russell (6-3-0)(?)

21. Fabio vs Chase vs Sash (5-4-0)

Who I liked better of those:

Richard
    Colby
    Kim J.
    Vecepia
    Brian
    Matthew
    Sandra
    Rob M.
    Chris
    Tom
    Danni
    Aras
    Yul
    Earl
    Courtney
    Parvati
    Bob
    Stephen
    idk, Natalie, I guess
    Sandra
    Fabio

Who deserved it more:

Richard
    Tina
    Kim J.
    Neleh
    Brian
    Jenna?
    Sandra
    Rob M.
    Chris
    Tom
    Stephenie
    Aras
    Yul
    Earl
    Todd
    Parvati
    Susie
    Stephen
    Russell
    Parvati
    Don't know. Sash maybe.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The funny thing about Rich vs Kelly in season 1 is it almost didn't come down to one vote. Colleen changed her mind after Sue's harsh speech. So it wouldn't have been as overly suspenseful to the last second had she voted for Rich.

Tina wasn't my favorite in Outback; in fact, I'm not a fan of that season as a whole. Boring cast in the end, no good game play, everyone wanting to be too nice to each other. It was almost like watching the first season of Big Brother all over again. But Colby was an idiot for taking her to the finals, so for that she deserved it. Colby had his chance and wanted to redeem himself during AS but that didn't go so well. He seemed miserable during HvsV.

Most of the ones I felt "deserved" to win obviously differ from who actually won, or were people I didn't like to begin with, so I was content with the outcome. Of the final 2/3 match ups we had, I'd would have switched Vecepia, Jenna M. (even though I did like her), Amber, Chris, Yul, Tod, Bob, Fabio, and Natalie as those who didn't deserve it as much as the person sitting next to them.

Favorites & why:
    Sandra X2 - She wasn't a physical threat, so she used what she had: her cleverness. The same strategy both times & it worked both times. Plus, I loved her outspoken "what you see is what you get" attitude.

Chris - The total underdog from the beginning, but he used his wits, cleverness & likability to win. Always thinking one step ahead of the rest.

Tom - Physically, mentally & characterly strong. The most likeable person of all winners.

Tina - Used her wits, & likeability to win. Was strong & smart, but never flaunted it, so as not to appear a threat.

Ethan - Got into a great strong alliance that stuck together like glue, at the very beginning & used his strength & likeability to make it to the end & win.

Richard - The original & quite a character. Enough said.

Least Favorites & why:

Jenna & Parvati - I grouped them together because it was the same thing. Used their bodies & sexuality to win. Rotten message to send to all the female viewers (especially young ones).

Brian - I despised the man! A sexist mean, lying jerk, but in all truthfullness he outplayed & outsmarted the others on his season extremely well. I've never been so disappointed to see someone get rewarded for their behavior.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Richard is still my all time favorite.

Have lots of least faves - Tina, Amber, Jenna, Vecepia and many whose names I've managed to successfully block from my memory bank.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I haven't seen every single season, but I liked the wins by Ethan and Tom. I have to give props to Sandra for being the only two-time winner too, particularly since I doubt anyone would have anticipated that she would win twice. Vecepia and Amber were among my least favorite winners for the reasons listed by others, though I can't abide Bahstahn Rahb either, so I was going to be unhappy no matter who won that season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast