+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite / Least Favorite Seasons?

Re: Favorite / Least Favorite Seasons?

Yeah they are all a blur to me too. There was one season that seemed WAY more miserable than all the others, they couldn't swim because of crocs, couldn't drink water without boiling it first, had to carry the water back to camp before you could even boil it, tons of insects, poison plants & more. I think one guy got stung by a plant or something. I remember that the contestants could hardly do anything but lay around the camp because of the heat and the fact that they were all sick or injured. Lots of them were cramping up from the lack of water. Guatemala maybe?? That was the worst season. No time to strategize when you are upchucking Actually, it was probably better than the last season which was the worst that I have watched.

I also liked the first season best. And I missed quite a few after that. But of the one's I watched, I think I liked Yau Man's season.

My favorite season will always be Africa.
    I loved the Ethan/Big Tom/Lex alliance. It was more like an immediate close friendship than just a reality show alliance.
    Big Tom, the good-old-boy guy from the South experiencing all the wonders of Africa was a sight to behold.
    Plus the best blindside ever with the first ever tribe switch, and the demise of the Mall Rats who had gotten way too lazy because they were overconfident.
    Plus a very satisfying ending & winner.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;4188766;
    Yeah they are all a blur to me too. There was one season that seemed WAY more miserable than all the others, they couldn't swim because of crocs, couldn't drink water without boiling it first, had to carry the water back to camp before you could even boil it, tons of insects, poison plants & more. I think one guy got stung by a plant or something. I remember that the contestants could hardly do anything but lay around the camp because of the heat and the fact that they were all sick or injured. Lots of them were cramping up from the lack of water. Guatemala maybe?? That was the worst season. No time to strategize when you are upchucking Actually, it was probably better than the last season which was the worst that I have watched.

I also liked the first season best. And I missed quite a few after that. But of the one's I watched, I think I liked Yau Man's season.

I don't know if you're thinking of this season, but Africa (season 3) was very close to what you described. They couldn't do much during the day or night for fear of being hit by a rhino or by a lion; low water made it hard to bathe and drink water, they had little food, heat a gigantic factor, and the like. It's probably the only season I truly felt everyone - first eliminated to winner - was indeed a winner. It was brutal, and probably why they made sure next time they went there it was Gabon (last Eden).

I like the season Stephanie was runner-up and came back because they slept amongst the ruins of I think the Aztecs or Mayans, Australia because it had such beauty and the neat waterfall jump challenge (I think Colby's choice of taking part of the Great Barrier Reef with him may have cost "Survivor" a chance of returning - that's a no-no), and I liked Yul's, Yau-Man's and Bob's seasons because we found likable players and finalists (Earl, the winner in Yau-Man's first season, was my second choice to win after Yau).

Least favorite - ones I haven't seen and Borneo I think because of all the controversy during and after the show (Stacey's claim, Rich's continuous gripes about something that is his own damn fault). No wait, two more - Marquesas because Paschal was eliminated unfairly and the winner won due to pettiness, and Thailand because Shii-Ann was gyped by a cheap shot play production did making it one tribe but no merge, and Brian just was a sleeze and won simply because no one liked the runner-up (but at least he knows to pay his taxes, not like Rich).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12