+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

i have it DVR'd.... feel asleep before it came on last night - so i cannot wait to see his crying ass !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA

I should have been more clear; in his first season, I'd say Russel absolutely fit in the 'one of the best' category. I didn't count what happened in following seasons.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I remember cheering out loud some of the moves he made the first time around but I was cheering out loud for Matt to take him down last night! Man he got on my nerves this season.

I'm in the minority but IMO after Russell left, the rest of the show was BORING! I just finished watching Jeff's interview with him - he's a character alright! I'll miss that little leprechaun and all the drama he brought.

I had to laugh at Russell's interview with TV Guide, talking about how he cried because he let people down. He said: "I see the disappointment in everybody's eyes, that's the first thing that broke my heart. The camera crew, the sound men, the bag boys that carry the equipment they're all my family. I've been dealing with them for a year-and-a-half in three years"

I didn't realize that they were all there just for Russell.

FORT Newbie

I haven't been able to watch Redemption Island yet because it hasn't aired in Australia. But can someone tell me what happened with Russell ? I've been hearing all this gossip about Russell crying because he got eliminated. What happened ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I had to laugh at Russell's interview with TV Guide, talking about how he cried because he let people down. He said: "I see the disappointment in everybody's eyes, that's the first thing that broke my heart. The camera crew, the sound men, the bag boys that carry the equipment — they're all my family. I've been dealing with them for a year-and-a-half in three years"

I just watched the interview that Jeff Probst did with Russell on his own website, and all I have to say is this. Could Jeff Probst be a bigger suckup? All he did that entire interview was pump up Russell's gigantic ego even more!!! And he asked Russell if he would consider coming back for a 4th time!!! In fact, he pretty much indicated that they are considering some new twist for a future Survivor show that might entice Russell to return.

I guess they are going to keep on until they rig it so that Russell can win. If you want to watch that interview, I suggest that you have a BARF BAG handy. Jeff just lost a lot of respect from this Survivor fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Didn't you know?? The entire world is cheering Russell on...in fact, the world revolves around him!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just watched the interview that Jeff Probst did with Russell on his own website, and all I have to say is this. Could Jeff Probst be a bigger suckup? All he did that entire interview was pump up Russell's gigantic ego even more!!! And he asked Russell if he would consider coming back for a 4th time!!! In fact, he pretty much indicated that they are considering some new twist for a future Survivor show that might entice Russell to return.

I guess they are going to keep on until they rig it so that Russell can win. If you want to watch that interview, I suggest that you have a BARF BAG handy. Jeff just lost a lot of respect from this Survivor fan.
    I had the same reaction to that "interview" as you did. Jeff has always championed all the strange or "evil" over-the-top personalities on the show (good for ratings), but his tongue bath of Russell was too much to bear. He spoke as if Russell had single-handedly propelled the Survivor franchise to success. It was disgusting.

And then to hear Russell talk about how upset he was because he felt he disappointed the crew was beyond the pale. Russell is a complete narcissist, so it is no wonder he thinks everything orbits around him.

I'm really sick of hearing Russell proclaim how much he loves the game. He gave an interview a while back to another contestant (Ben) where he came out and said that he was just in it for the fame.

Can we please be done with the Russell show, now and forever? I'm sure there are plenty of other polarizing personalities the Survivor producers can find to play the game and bring in ratings.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Jeff was live-tweeting during the show, and the whole time it was about how great Russell was, and wouldn't we all miss Russell? It got to be really annoying. No, we don't all love Russell like you do, Jeff. And we don't get a choice into if he comes back. So it's not good that he does.

+ Reply to Thread