+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Shoepie & JavaJo: Thanks, both. Ain't it the truth? I gotta say, when Russell gets the boot - and this time I'm pretty sure he's going to - I'm gonna dance the happiest happy-dance I can muster. This guy just needs a good ol' beyotch-slap, and I think this season he's gonna finally get one!
    I just hope Russell gets blindsided with a HII in his pocket - so overly confident that he doesn't need to use it at Tribal Council. Now that would really deserve a happy dance!!!

Russell is by no means the "worst player ever." He made it to the end twice in a row, give the guy some credit.

HOWEVER, I do feel like he should have changed his strategy this season. We'll see what happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Russell is by no means the "worst player ever." He made it to the end twice in a row, give the guy some credit.
    I gave him enough credit by saying he's a great manipulator, but I'm stopping there. The man had the unique, priceless opportunity to witness himself beating his own head against a wall in the All-Star season: all that work and NO VOTES at FTC. So to come back and just give us an exact three-peat means he's a) the worst b) the stupidest and/or c) the most stubborn player ever. Take your pick.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I just hope Russell gets blindsided with a HII in his pocket - so overly confident that he doesn't need to use it at Tribal Council. Now that would really deserve a happy dance!!!
    I'm polishing up my dancing shoes as we speak....

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Albert Einstein: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

According to this definition, Russell is insane. Come on, dude, can't you change up your game a LITTLE?!?
    Midol likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I gave him enough credit by saying he's a great manipulator, but I'm stopping there. The man had the unique, priceless opportunity to witness himself beating his own head against a wall in the All-Star season: all that work and NO VOTES at FTC. So to come back and just give us an exact three-peat means he's a) the worst b) the stupidest and/or c) the most stubborn player ever. Take your pick.
    Stubborn

I think he's just a bit lost at sea.
    He isn't capable of aligning with the mainstream players. They don't trust him and don't like him, so he is just stuffed.

His only choice is to sucker in a couple of girls, because he has nothing else to work with. He has never had a very strong game. He would been smuffed out early in both Samoa and HvV if it wasn't for a bit of luck and the idols. In an old season where your only weapons were winning challenges and being social, he would have have been an early boot.
    Midol likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Albert Einstein: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...

According to this definition, Russell is insane. Come on, dude, can't you change up your game a LITTLE?!?
    Well put. He just doesn't get the social aspect of this game. I expect to see him out before the merge if not next week. He could very easily win quite a few duels on Redemption Island, however. His determination to win could pack a lot of heat into that short, chunky body.

Well, looks like all that karma has finally come back around.

And yes... I did a happy dance. Nobody ever deserved an early boot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post

HOWEVER, I do feel like he should have changed his strategy this season. We'll see what happens...
    He's Richard Hatch part deux. When you make it that far by doing stuff (rather than flying under the radar and being underestimated) there simply isn't anything you can do to change things. Richard completely changed his game and it didn't do anything to change the outcome. Quick removal from the game.

Sad to see Russell go. And to see Rob still around. Rob is just Russell in sheep's clothing.

Wish neither had come back though. They were two of my favorites before this season.

+ Reply to Thread