+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

FORT Fanatic

Re: Russell Hantz - Redemption Island

I like Russell, not in a I would want him over for dinner way, but he is entertaining. I am glad to hear that he has a reality show about house flipping coming out soon. Yes, he is an egomaniac. So what?! He is on TV. TV isnt made for the shy. If you need to see yourself on TV chances are that you have an ego. He is grating, who with a bigger than life ego isnt grating? Russell won this show the first season he was on, he did play three seasons in a row, take a break Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Russell won this show the first season he was on, he did play three seasons in a row, take a break Russell.
    Russell never won!

IRussell won this show the first season he was on...
    No, he only THINKS he won. He lost to Natalie, 7 votes to 2.

Sorry that you think he's entertaining. I find absolutely nothing entertaining about someone that arrogant, self-centered, rude, stubborn, unattractive, ill-spoken, and yes, grating.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

FORT Fanatic

Ok, to correct my very bad writing style. What I should have said is...Russell should have won his first season. No one else deserved that victory and with the exception of a very bitter bunch of losers Russell won his first season!

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    I sincerely hope that last night's reunion show is that last we see of Russa Hayntz.

The footage of him weeping like a baby after losing at Redemption Island literally makes me want to wretch. There is Jeff Probst - exhibiting even more of the sick man-crush he has on this guy - by saying that, in the end, Russell showed "he had a heart". Bullsquish. In the end, Russell showed that he's an emotional infant and the biggest hypocrite alive... I mean, after ruthlessly having so many people removed from the game, did he ever ONCE consider that his actions might be hurtful? Did he even remotely care? Did he ever think - even for a moment - that his doings would make someone else cry? No. Then why should anyone give a rat's caboose that this guy wept while tasting his own medicine? Boo-freakin-hoo.

Bottom line, Russell: If you can dish it out, then you should be able to take it as well. Showing that you can't just proves that you're a lousy player, not a great one. And this guy is definitely NOT a great player. A major doosh? Yeh, he's got that part down. But frankly, Phil was way more fun to watch. At least Phillip doesn't make me want to punch my TV screen.

You said it all and more. Hopefully, Russell will never be on a future Survivor.
    Phillip --was--entertaining to say the least.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Ok, to correct my very bad writing style. What I should have said is...Russell should have won his first season. No one else deserved that victory and with the exception of a very bitter bunch of losers Russell won his first season!
    Russell didn't win because he completely discounts the social game. He thinks he can bulldoze his way through the game and have the money handed to him at the end. This is why he will never win this game. It requires both strategic and social skills.

FORT Fogey

Is anyone else going to watch Russell's new TV show on A&E. It has been all over the news today. I am not super interested in house flipping but the idea of Russell flipping houses is so absurd to me. I'm not used to seeing him live in a house at all. This could be a really entertaining show! I can't wait to watch it!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Doesn't houseflipping require you to be able to sell the house to someone? Would you buy a house from that bulldozer? Salesmen like that send me running in another direction.

FORT Fanatic

I did some house flipping with my brother in Scottsdale before the bust (actually we are still holding our last house there...oops). When the market was booming we just hired a Realtor like anyone else, I think most flippers are either in the realty business or they hire someone who is for the selling part. Russell is funny and I would like to watch him in the everyday situations that occur while flipping a home. Lots of stuff everyday dont go as you planned, plumbing and electric are terrible in lots of the older homes. Oh, man, I forgot all those headaches.

...Russell should have won his first season. No one else deserved that victory and with the exception of a very bitter bunch of losers Russell won his first season!
    I have a huge issue with this. There was a colossal REASON these people (the jury) were bitter. Then didn't just wake up in the morning and decide to be bitter in the way they cast their votes. They had a great deal of bitterness towards Russell because he treated them bitterly to begin with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Even though it's a game, you can't - CAN NOT - stomp on peoples' toes and then expect them to forget the pain. You can't treat people like human garbage and then expect them to respect you for it. Taking peoples' emotions and reactions is a HUGE part of this game. Russell's assumption - a bad one - was that people would recognize utter ruthlessness as the ONLY talent required to win. Evidence that he's wrong is that he's 0-for-3 in terms of wins.

Further, Russell has openly said that the "social aspect" of the game is stupid, and thinks the rules should be changed so that he can win. This is the definition of pathetic. A game is a game; it has established rules and you win or lose based on your performance within them... not what you think they should be.

That Russell can't get his dense little mind around this is proof that he's a lousy player. If he was half as great as he thinks he is, he would have completely changed up his game play to win this last season. Instead, he came in, made enemies and once again expected their respect. Lo and behold, he got voted out second... which is exactly what he deserved.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread