+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Yup. All that backstabbing was due to his deal with Lex and Kathy to rescue Amber. He proved his loyalty to his #1 alliance.
    Ohhh, yes, I remember that.... He completely misled Lex, and I remember really wanting Lex to go along with it, saving Amber, which he did. But then, Rob really screwed him over - I didn't necessarily like Lex that much but felt bad for him the way he was counting on Rob so much and was completely let down.

All of Rob's other game play, in The Amazing Race and Survivor, has really entertained me and made me so glad he's on my TV. He makes the show!

FORT Fan

If Jeff Probst ever decides to leave Survivor, I wonder if they would consider Rob as a replacement? And I wonder if he would be any good as a host rather than a player? We wouldn't see the scheming and conniving, but he could still influence play the way Jeff does by asking strategic questions at tribal or at challenges. It would be great if they let him do video diaries just like the players. ("Man, can you believe these idiots? Why in the world would they vote out so-and-so?") Much as I love Probst, he seems to be getting a little tired of the whole thing, like his spirit just isn't in it anymore. Rob would bring some fresh energy as a host.

FORT Fogey

The merge this week. The target is on Rob's back bigtime. He has the immunity idol, but when to play it is the key for him as to how far he can go. They will want him out. There are no friends in this game. I hope he at least makes it to top 5 and definitely want him on the jury. Also, want him to get the fan favorite money and votes. He deserves it.

FORT Fogey

I remember liking Rob more in his past seasons. I don't think he would still be here if his tribe was smarter so I am not really impressed. Surely someone had to see him snatch those clues before.

I think if they had seen it they would have talked about it, and we would have seen it. I truly think, aside from Phillip who is suspicious of Rob, these people are kind of just "on holiday" and not really thinking gameplay when they are on these rewards. Rob really lucked out when he got on this tribe, but I think the other tribe would have been eager to get rid of him right away either. He is really good at motivating during the challenges and promoting winning as a team, something Russell sucked at.

I confess, I enjoy watching Rob any time he plays this game. He's fun.

[QUOTE=sweetpea;4262531]I think if they had seen it they would have talked about it, and we would have seen it. I truly think, aside from Phillip who is suspicious of Rob, these people are kind of just "on holiday" and not really thinking gameplay when they are on these rewards. Rob really lucked out when he got on this tribe, but I think the other tribe would have been eager to get rid of him right away either. He is really good at motivating during the challenges and promoting winning as a team, something Russell sucked at.

I confess, I enjoy watching Rob any time he plays this game. He's fun.[/QUOTE]

And he's SO hard on the eyes isn't he???? I love his Bahston accent too!

I don't think his way of speaking would translate well to show hosting. Half the time I can't understand what he is saying. He'd need to learn to enunciate.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post

And he's SO hard on the eyes isn't he???? I love his Bahston accent too!
    Yah, Mr. S doesn't get it but he knows of my BRob love.

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I don't think his way of speaking would translate well to show hosting. Half the time I can't understand what he is saying. He'd need to learn to enunciate.
    His Boston accent is really the problem for many people to understand. He could definitely work on that to lose it but I sure hope not. That's part of Boston Rob's appeal.
    And yes, I'd look at him anytime, anywhere.

I hope, whether he wins the game or not, he wins the "player of the season" award. He deserves it, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread