+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Scooot,

Captures my feelings, as well.
    I do apologize, though, to all of Rob's fans.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

To be honest I would have rather seen Rupert vs Russell if they needed something like this. Not that I hate Rob, but that would have been more interesting.

I adore this man. I only watch Survivor when he's on and The amazing race. Him and Amber do make a good team.

FORT Fogey

Unless it's an all-star season, I'd really prefer to see all new contestants. Besides, Rob really has had more than enough chances on reality television at this point. Time to either give him a show of his own, so his fans can watch him there, or move on, especially given that I think it would be very hard for him to come up with a winning strategy at this point, because too many people know too much about how he's played the game in the past. It wouldn't surprise me terribly if the rest of the contestants tried to get rid of him and Russell as soon as possible. Their only real hope of getting to the final is the new redemption island twist, and if they're voted off early, they'd have to defeat a whole lot of people individually to make it to the finals.

My apologies to Rob fans, but there's something about him that has just annoyed me from day one. He doesn't strike me as confident so much as smug. I also find it very difficult to believe that he finished a marathon with no training at all. He may not have been training for a marathon specifically, but he must have had some experience running prior to that, and he must have at least toyed with the idea of running the Boston marathon prior to that. No utterly inactive person just hauls himself/herself up off the couch one morning and decides to run a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4190442;
    My apologies to Rob fans, but there's something about him that has just annoyed me from day one. He doesn't strike me as confident so much as smug. I also find it very difficult to believe that he finished a marathon with no training at all. He may not have been training for a marathon specifically, but he must have had some experience running prior to that, and he must have at least toyed with the idea of running the Boston marathon prior to that. No utterly inactive person just hauls himself/herself up off the couch one morning and decides to run a marathon.
    I didn't like him the first time he was on the show, either. Now I'm a big time Rob fan. He used to come off as really smug, but he's grown up since his original appearance on Survivor. Maybe due to Ambuh's influence? He was a different person last time he was on the show. Personally, I think they may be grooming him as a replacement for Jeff. (Let the horrified comments begin!)

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. -- Spock, Amok Time

FORT Fogey

I think it would be a big mistake to use any former contestant as a successor to Probst. No matter who he/she was, it would tick off some viewers/fans.

I also think the key to being a host is to be able to stay basically above the fray, and I really don't think Rob could resist interjecting his own opinions. Jeff did more of that than he usually does last season, but I think he was utterly infuriated with the stupidity of some of the contestants, as we all were.

I missed Rob's initial season so the first time I saw him was on the All-Star version that Amber won. I liked both of them on that show and then watched the "...Get Married" series and liked them a little less. Then I saw them on Amazing Race and realized what a total piece of crap he is. I was pulling for them in ep 1 and by the time they were eliminated in ep 3 or 4, I absolutely hated them both and their "entitled" attitude.

Since then, I pull for him to fail and he hasn't disappointed me yet.

I'm worried that he learned some lessons from Samoa Russell.
    The main one being that you kill off anyone who shows any signs of independent thinking. Which, as happened in Samoa, means most of the interesting characters get booted early.

When Rob walked into that first TC, he was in control, had his plan, rightly confident. Then, thanks to Phillips, Rob owned that Tribal. You have to admit he took on Kristina like a Pro! Wait, he is a Pro. Oh well, Rob seldom disappoints.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread