+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Oh, I think Jeff will needle him about using the same strategy and egg him on to defend himself. Absolutely. He will want to see if there is any humility or hindsight in making a mistake, straight out of the gate. He definately will not be in the front row. I would not be surprised to hear Russell say that voting him out sealed the fate of Zap and had he stayed 3 of them would be sitting in the front row now or something to that effect.
    Oh yeah, and no doubt he is also going to claim that he could have accomplished the same thing Rob has (or better, if Rob doesn't make it to FTC) had he been on the Ometepe tribe instead. Although I don't even think Russell can delude himself anymore into believing that anyone would vote for him, but that's because "they're all just bitter" about his awesomeness.

Rob just finished off the best game in the history of this show. Bravo to him.

FORT Fanatic

Rob belongs in front of a camera. He is charismatic and the lens picks up his charm very well. I am not saying he is a prettyboy, sweetheart, or any other type of goody-twoshoes. But, he is a scene stealer and reality TV is full of lots of quasicelebrities, few of them have Robs' on camera charm. I am happy to hear he has a show coming up on the History Channel. I am glad his dream of winning Survivor has finally come true. It is nice to know that so far money hasnt effected Amber's and his marriage. I dont see any scandles coming out about Boston Rob unlike many of these gameshow winners...cough...Big Brother.
    Great job Rob. Best of luck to you and yours in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    Rob belongs in front of a camera. He is charismatic and the lens picks up his charm very well. I am not saying he is a prettyboy, sweetheart, or any other type of goody-twoshoes. But, he is a scene stealer and reality TV is full of lots of quasicelebrities, few of them have Robs' on camera charm. I am happy to hear he has a show coming up on the History Channel. I am glad his dream of winning Survivor has finally come true. It is nice to know that so far money hasnt effected Amber's and his marriage. I dont see any scandles coming out about Boston Rob unlike many of these gameshow winners...cough...Big Brother.
    Great job Rob. Best of luck to you and yours in the future.
    He starts filming a new show today for The History Channel called Around The World in 80 Ways. Stay Tuned.

FORT Fogey

ITA imissme ~ no scandal or hint of trouble in the Mariano household. Scandal would have come out over the last 10 years about Rob,either before he was married or after, if there was any. There's not. Rob is what you see...that's what you get, he's not perfect, but he's not a phoney.

Survivor Winner Boston Rob on Survivor: Redemption Island and His New Show - The Daily Beast
    Last edited by Gina28; 05-17-2011 at 01:49 AM.

Someone on Jokers posted a picture of her and Rob. He participated in a charity gold tournament that benefited the sports program at the high school her husband works at. So, not a big charity event where there is media (potential for famewhoring) but a small local charity where perhaps his participation does some good for a worthwhile cause. I have heard he does this quite a bit. I think he is fairly low-key and his focus is, as he said, on supporting his wife and children.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Someone on Jokers posted a picture of her and Rob. He participated in a charity gold tournament that benefited the sports program at the high school her husband works at. So, not a big charity event where there is media (potential for famewhoring) but a small local charity where perhaps his participation does some good for a worthwhile cause. I have heard he does this quite a bit. I think he is fairly low-key and his focus is, as he said, on supporting his wife and children.
    If Rob was the famewh*re that some seem to think he is, why didn't he and Amber move to LA and start trolling for work like so many of the reality stars do? I don't think Pensacola, FL has a big entertainment industry, does it? After both of their first seasons on Survivor, Rob and Amber went back to their regular jobs, construction and office work respectively. It wasn't until their success on All-Stars, and the buzz around their engagement that hard to turn down offers started coming to them. Who wouldn't want to go on the Amazing Race (I hear lots of celebs even saying they'd love to do it), or have a free luxurious, 'sky's the limit' wedding in an exotic location that all your family and friends can also enjoy for free?

Rob is smart. He learned through his reality TV experiences that he is marketable because of his personality, quick wit and charisma, and he is taking advantage of it enough to provide a comfortable living for his wife and daughters (and one that also allows him to spend lots of time with them), without sacrificing too much of his privacy, or "losing himself" and jeopardizing his personal life by letting fame take over. I could see why lots of people would be envious of this.

I'm envious of it!!

Oh, so Mariano won? Huh. Okay, I'll just let it all out then.

I honestly thought no winner could ever come close to Vecepia in terms of being absolutely pathetic, but Mariano is right up there with her. I'm sorry, but for the life of me, I cannot see why people regard him as such an amazing player. What did he do, honestly? Found a hidden immunity idol? Lots of other players have over many seasons. Was good in challenges? Many have been.

Real reason I believe he won? Shii Ann's classic quote is the best description for it. "Stupid people. Stupid, stupid players." Remembering back to Marquesas and Heroes vs Villains, I saw people actually playing the game and making an effort. Both cases, he gets voted out before the merge. The first All-Stars and this season, what do we get? Lemmings. Braindead lemmings. Seriously, what did he do this season? Other than finding an immunity idol and winning some challenges, whatever I saw or heard about went basically like this:

Mariano- "Guys, do this."
    Tribe- "Okay."
    Mariano- "Everybody, do that."
    Tribe- "Okay."
    Mariano- "I think this person should go. Let's vote this person out."
    Tribe- "Okay."
    Mariano- "Sweet, now I can sit pretty and make witty comments and everybody'll love me."

That's all I saw. It was All-Stars all over again. People just bending over backwards for this guy and doing nothing but whatever he orders, it was so pathetic. By the time anyone even thought of making or trying to make a move, it was far too little and way too late. Nobody ever even stopped to think about not having him in the finals, or how they could try to beat him in front of the final jury (already an impossibility because everyone was pathetically in love with him from day 1). I wonder if the casting people went by this season recruiting people with IQ of 30 or less. Nobody made an effort. This wasn't gameplay, it was middle school shenanigans. I hate seeing Survivor where not a smidge of strategy even comes into play. This wasn't Survivor, this was "Watch a bunch of retards hand a subpar player a million dollars just because they're in awe of a guy who has lost five times."

So, yes, overall? Mariano joins Vecepia in the rank of worst winner ever. And it took him four tries in this game. Out of a total of six changes CBS has given him for a million bucks, more than anyone else ever. That's pathetic (I seem to come back to this word a lot when talking about this guy), just sad and ridiculous. Hopefully now that he won, he can take his stank attitude and stupid smirk and disappear from my TV screen forever.
    Last edited by Rembrant; 05-17-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Oh, so Mariano won? Huh. Okay, I'll just let it all out then.

I honestly thought no winner could ever come close to Vecepia in terms of being absolutely pathetic, but Mariano is right up there with her. I'm sorry, but for the life of me, I cannot see why people regard him as such an amazing player. What did he do, honestly? Found a hidden immunity idol? Lots of other players have over many seasons. Was good in challenges? Many have been.

Real reason I believe he won? Shii Ann's classic quote is the best description for it. "Stupid people. Stupid, stupid players." Remembering back to Marquesas and Heroes vs Villains, I saw people actually playing the game and making an effort. Both cases, he gets voted out before the merge. The first All-Stars and this season, what do we get? Lemmings. Braindead lemmings. Seriously, what did he do this season? Other than finding an immunity idol and winning some challenges, whatever I saw or heard about went basically like this:

Mariano- "Guys, do this."
    Tribe- "Okay."
    Mariano- "Everybody, do that."
    Tribe- "Okay."
    Mariano- "I think this person should go. Let's vote this person out."
    Tribe- "Okay."
    Mariano- "Sweet, now I can sit pretty and make witty comments and everybody'll love me."

That's all I saw. It was All-Stars all over again. People just bending over backwards for this guy and doing nothing but whatever he orders, it was so pathetic. By the time anyone even thought of making or trying to make a move, it was far too little and way too late. Nobody ever even stopped to think about not having him in the finals, or how they could try to beat him in front of the final jury (already an impossibility because everyone was pathetically in love with him from day 1). I wonder if the casting people went by this season recruiting people with IQ of 30 or less. Nobody made an effort. This wasn't gameplay, it was middle school shenanigans. I hate seeing Survivor where not a smidge of strategy even comes into play. This wasn't Survivor, this was "Watch a bunch of retards hand a subpar player a million dollars just because they're in awe of a guy who has lost five times."

So, yes, overall? Mariano joins Vecepia in the rank of worst winner ever. And it took him four tries in this game. Out of a total of six changes CBS has given him for a million bucks, more than anyone else ever. That's pathetic (I seem to come back to this word a lot when talking about this guy), just sad and ridiculous. Hopefully now that he won, he can take his stank attitude and stupid smirk and disappear from my TV screen forever.
    Everything you said about how his tribe followed him is correct. However, did you ever take into account how Rob may have been interacting with each one of them from day 1 in order to get them all to go along with him so willingly? The odds of having an entire tribe where every one is the stupidest, mentally weakest and most naive player to have ever been selected in 22 seasons are quite low. Maybe they acted that way because Rob did a fantastic job of "wooing" each one into believing that their actions were really in their best interests. But I suppose people who loathe Rob are also loathe to give him any credit at all, and it must just be all luck and zero skill on his part.

+ Reply to Thread