+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I hope Rob stays in front of the camera too. I agree that he should be done with Survivor, however I am very much looking forward to watching his new show. Does anyone know when it premieres?
    According to his twitter,
    The show airs on @historychannel. The date hasn't been announced yet but I'll keep you guys updated.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    The show airs on @historychannel. The date hasn't been announced yet but I'll keep you guys updated.
    Has he filmed the show already?

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Has he filmed the show already?
    This is all I could find:

Filming should begin in the mid of May; so, expect a History Channel debut sometime later this year or early next.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Boston Rob cemented his place as my favorite this season when he conned all the merged tribemates into the new tribe name. Giving them a line of bull that it had some unifying meaning, when it was really the name of a stuffed toy of Amber's. It just doesn't get much better than that.

He's always been one of my favorites because he gets IT. By IT I mean:
    1.) These people aren't his "friends". They are the COMPETITION. You do need to get along with them, but at best they are aquaintances.
    2.) This is not real life with real life rules. I't is a GAME, and games are supposed to be fun.
    3.) This is TELEVISION, and television is supposed to be entertaining.
    4.) The saying is "Outwit, outplay, outlast". This is his goal the whole time he's there.

The guy is just fun to watch.
    This may be known to others, but I just found out Rob's bachelor's degree is in Psychology. Which totally makes sense! Now I give him a little more credit in knowing how to play people than I did before.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not a huge Rob fan like some people, so obviously I don't think he's the be all that ends all. And, I'm tired of seeing him back on Survivor. That being said, he's the only one I want to see win. Everyone else is just like the past winners we've had-boring and rode his coat tails to the end. And then of course Phillip, but I don't think he'll win. I like Rob because he's entertaining. And, he gets the game and plays it the way it should be. That's where Russell made his mistake. And with all the praise Probst may heap onto Russell, he needs to share the love with Rob. It's interesting to see former players return, and whether or not they learned anything from their previous stints. As we saw in the first AS, Micronesia, and HvsV, some people did, and some people didn't. Rob learned where he went wrong in previous seasons. True, sometimes things were out of his control and he get voted out anyway. But I think he's done well this time, from finding the HII, hiding or destroying the other clues, forming an alliance of people who couldn't make it without leeching onto someone, and not taking Probst's bait when asked questions that could get him into trouble. I loved Rob during Marquesas, and remember how he got the ball going on ruining the Rotu 4 alliance. Plus, his one liners can be pretty amusing

I do agree that Rob has learned from his past seasons and has adjusted his game accordingly. I guess that is a perk from being a repeater. So you have the experience going in, but you also have a huge target on your back (as Russell found out). I'm still amazed Rob has made it this far. Happy, but amazed.

Interesting that he has a degree in psychology.

I do wonder about Phillip. Maybe he floats back and forth between reality and "normal" and a little bit OTT strange. IDK. He's an interesting guy, that's for sure. My one hope is that Jeff doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time with Russell at the reunion show. He was voted out so early, he really deserves the one "how are you doing now" question the early boots usually get, and MAYBE a "how does it feel to go out so early" but NOT more than that, because you know he will dominate the entire thing if you let him. Jeff needs to cut him off like he did to Shannon (that jerk). My one joy is, wherever Rob eventually places, he will be TWO ROWS in front of Russell. Ha.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    My one joy is, wherever Rob eventually places, he will be TWO ROWS in front of Russell. Ha.
    I agree with you immensely -- and I trust that CBS will have the balls to seat them appropriately!! If Russell gets a front row seat, I will be fuming. On the other hand, perhaps Russell will not show up if he sits in the back....hmmmm. To that thought I repeat -- back seat for Russell!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I agree with you immensely -- and I trust that CBS will have the balls to seat them appropriately!! If Russell gets a front row seat, I will be fuming. On the other hand, perhaps Russell will not show up if he sits in the back....hmmmm. To that thought I repeat -- back seat for Russell!!
    AMEN!! He will be FUMING!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    ......My one hope is that Jeff doesn't spend an inordinate amount of time with Russell at the reunion show. He was voted out so early, he really deserves the one "how are you doing now" question the early boots usually get, and MAYBE a "how does it feel to go out so early" but NOT more than that, because you know he will dominate the entire thing if you let him. Jeff needs to cut him off like he did to Shannon (that jerk). My one joy is, wherever Rob eventually places, he will be TWO ROWS in front of Russell. Ha.
    Oh, I think Jeff will needle him about using the same strategy and egg him on to defend himself. Absolutely. He will want to see if there is any humility or hindsight in making a mistake, straight out of the gate. He definately will not be in the front row. I would not be surprised to hear Russell say that voting him out sealed the fate of Zap and had he stayed 3 of them would be sitting in the front row now or something to that effect.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-08-2011 at 02:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread