+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I don't understand how anyone can say the people on Rob's team are dumb, they are doing exactly what I would do if I was on Rob's team.....Why get rid of Rob now? They needs to get rid of all the Zap's in order for any of them to win in the end, because if one Zap is in the F3 they will win......They need to get down to the F6 and then take Rob down, which I feel is exactly what is going to happen, even thoug I am a HUGE Rob fan, he is not going anywhere near the F3 just wait and see.....

FORT Fanatic

Rob will probably not make it to the final three. But does that make his tribe dumb? Nope. If you have a guy who can help weed out all the competition then why not let him lead till he is no longer needed. This is what I believe is going on with his group. We just arent able to see anything other than Rob The Almighty due to the edit. This is a tv show. It needs ratings. Rob brings in ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Ironically, Russell would have been able to do this, but his tragic flaw is that he wasn't willing (or capable IMO) to be a friendly team player initially on his tribe, and engender enough good will to be kept around a while. As Rob proved, that is the only way for characters like the two of them to survive the early rounds. The big difference between Rob and Russell is that Rob is accustomed to gaining respect/loyalty through his likability and contributions (before pulling out the iron fist with a velvet glove), while Russell only knows how to gain it through fear/intimidation, humiliation and acting like an ass. Perhaps he just doesn't have a nice/charming enough side to him to utilize anything but fear right from the start, but this approach will backfire every time, once people know who they're dealing with. In some sense, Rob's ability to survive the target on his back vs Russell's inability to do the same, probably doomed whichever tribe he was put on.
    Russell as much as said that if he had been put on Rob's tribe and Rob on the Zapetera tribe that he would have been able to "control" those three young girls. As he put it: that is who I always want in my alliance. I don't necessarily agree with him on whether or not that would have made a difference, but thankfully that ship has already sailed.

I MUCH prefer Rob over Russell anytime and am glad that I have not had to listen to anymore of Russell's personal confessionals and having to see his ugly mug pop up on my tv screen.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    If you have a guy who can help weed out all the competition then why not let him lead till he is no longer needed. This is what I believe is going on with his group. We just arent able to see anything other than Rob The Almighty due to the edit.
    What we are not seeing, which may just be an edit but might be fact due to Rob's buddy system, is any alliances forming within Rob's group that could lead to an overthrow of their dictator. They may just be biding their time but they need a plan, and they need co-conspirators. Rob has to protect against that just as much as he needs to prevent them from collaborating with the Zaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Russell as much as said that if he had been put on Rob's tribe and Rob on the Zapetera tribe that he would have been able to "control" those three young girls. As he put it: that is who I always want in my alliance. I don't necessarily agree with him on whether or not that would have made a difference, but thankfully that ship has already sailed.

I MUCH prefer Rob over Russell anytime and am glad that I have not had to listen to anymore of Russell's personal confessionals and having to see his ugly mug pop up on my tv screen.
    Of course Russell would say this, and think it, because he's still a braggart who is, as a rule, unaware of/delusional about his own limitations. It's only recently that he has acknowledged, after being repeatedly hit in the face with the evidence for over a year, that he has a terrible social game. After his first failure, he tried to defend his social game, and blame everyone else for their stupidity, after his second failure, he tried to claim a good social game was unnecessary. Now at least he admits his sucks, so that's progress I guess.

Considering how those Ometepe girls reacted to Phillip until Rob intervened, I don't see them being easily "charmed" by Russell's "charisma", or lack thereof. And even if they were, that still wouldn't have given him the numbers, as it would have been 4 against 5 in the first vote at TC.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-15-2011 at 04:33 PM.

Let's face it, as much as Rob can have a big head and be sneaky and sly, who would you rather sit around the campfire with, Rob or Russell? Russell is an ass pretty much all the time, whereas Rob goes out of his way to plan a 'game day' on the beach -- sure, we all know now that there was an ulterior motive in that it got everyone out of camp so he could look for the HII -- still it was fun and he seemed to be having a good time too. I know if it were me, I'd much rather snuggle against Rob for warmth at night than Russell.

If the Z team were clever they would start talking a lot about what a great game Rob is playing and how he deserves to win. Plant the seed of mind games.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    If the Z team were clever they would start talking a lot about what a great game Rob is playing and how he deserves to win. Plant the seed of mind games.
    Oh, absolutely. Make it crystal clear that they would give Rob the million $$ in a heartbeat if he makes the final two/three. That would certainly plant a few seeds in the Omatepe tribe's minds.

But the Zaps are so stupid. They (correctly) identify Phillip as the odd man out, the last man on the totem pole, but what do they do? Antagonize him at Tribal Council and basically call him a crazy man. Once they challenged his feelings about being the 6th person in the tribe, he automatically defended it like crazy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post

Since they cannot get anyone alone, this would be a genius direction. Grant is the likely one to make a move on this. I dont think it would work but it would be something they could do!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I know if it were me, I'd much rather snuggle against Rob for warmth at night than Russell.

I'd rather freeze to death than get anywhere near Russell!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread