+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Re: Rob Mariano - Redemption Island

Boston Rob cemented his place as my favorite this season when he conned all the merged tribemates into the new tribe name. Giving them a line of bull that it had some unifying meaning, when it was really the name of a stuffed toy of Amber's. It just doesn't get much better than that.

He's always been one of my favorites because he gets IT. By IT I mean:
    1.) These people aren't his "friends". They are the COMPETITION. You do need to get along with them, but at best they are aquaintances.
    2.) This is not real life with real life rules. I't is a GAME, and games are supposed to be fun.
    3.) This is TELEVISION, and television is supposed to be entertaining.
    4.) The saying is "Outwit, outplay, outlast". This is his goal the whole time he's there.

The guy is just fun to watch.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

He just seems to be having so much fun this season. He's really enjoying himself. It's great to watch. He's also always on. Always calculating, always thinking. Always watching.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    He just seems to be having so much fun this season. He's really enjoying himself. It's great to watch. He's also always on. Always calculating, always thinking. Always watching.
    Yes, that sums up my feelings about Rob this season also. His attitude of having fun is very apparent, even though he is trying as hard as he can to win. The exact opposite of the way Russell plays the game.

Love how he came up with the new name for the tribe. Murlonio.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    Love how he came up with the new name for the tribe. Murlonio.
    YES! And how cute that Merilino (sp?) is the ring leader among Ambers stuffed animals. He is a witty guy.

I don't know why for me I have never thought Rob was arrogant.....I just love the way he plays the game, his love for the game is just so much fun to watch for me.....He is the reason I am enjoying this season this year....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvlady345 View Post
    I don't know why for me I have never thought Rob was arrogant.....I just love the way he plays the game, his love for the game is just so much fun to watch for me.....He is the reason I am enjoying this season this year....
    I agree. I do not see arrogance. I see a confident man, comfortable with who he is, having fun. His diary talks reveal someone who is watching carefully and allowing for changes that can happen quickly. We never hear him boasting of being able to win. He knows the scoop and the size of his target.

I agree with confident and fun, and wily and shrewd too. Unlike Russell, Rob doesn't have to tell us three times every PI that he's the smartest person on his team, on the show, in the world...he just shows us and then laughs about it. I like how he is always thinking ahead, and how he's anticipating what others might do based on what HE would do in a given situation. And I've never gotten the sense that his votes are personal or based purely on dislike. I have seen them as pure gameplay...if you're a threat to Rob's gameplay, or if voting you out will get Rob further in the game, he'll do it. I may have my rose-coloured glasses on, but that's how I see it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I agree with confident and fun, and wily and shrewd too. Unlike Russell, Rob doesn't have to tell us three times every PI that he's the smartest person on his team, on the show, in the world...he just shows us and then laughs about it. I like how he is always thinking ahead, and how he's anticipating what others might do based on what HE would do in a given situation. And I've never gotten the sense that his votes are personal or based purely on dislike. I have seen them as pure gameplay...if you're a threat to Rob's gameplay, or if voting you out will get Rob further in the game, he'll do it. I may have my rose-coloured glasses on, but that's how I see it.

I see the same thing.

With Rob, too, I don't get the feeling that he really dislikes anyone on his tribe. Not even Philip. I think he finds him amusing, a little annoying but I don't get the vibe that he doesn't 'like' him. That's the difference between Rob and Russel for me. Russel doesn't seem to really like anyone at all except for his lackeys.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread