+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Re: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

I think we can add BS artist to his resume:

Get to know Phillip Sheppard from "Survivor: Redemption Island" - Oklahoma City TV | Examiner.com

He now works as a technology executive, but he described his job as being the CEO of a software company.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

more info:

Phillip's company

Enterprise Software Sales Group

Again he hypes that he was a former Federal agent and a US Army veteran.

Defense Security Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Defense Security Service (DSS) is an agency of the United States Department of Defense (DoD). Within areas of DoD responsibility, DSS is tasked with facilitating personnel security investigations, supervising industrial security, and performing security education and awareness training. It is not a Federal law enforcement organization; it does not have police powers. Originally known as the Defense Investigative Service (DIS), DIS was established in 1972.[1] DSS changed from DIS in 1999.

For fiscal year 2008, DSS was authorized 621 civilian employees. Of those, about 350 are Industrial Security Representatives, who will be responsible for about 12,000 industry facilities under DSS jurisdiction.[2] DSS Industrial Security Representatives and Information System Security Professionals are credentialed Special Agents.

In November 2004, investigators from DSS were transferred to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). This move consolidated the vast majority of Federal government personnel background investigations with OPM. DSS still processes industrial clearance requests for the DoD,[3] and acts as the liaison to the OPM for the DoD.[1]

The Defense Security Service is not to be confused with the U.S. Diplomatic Security Service (DSS) of the State Department. The special agents of the Diplomatic Security Service are sworn federal law enforcement agents.
    OK...Phillip was a Federal agent he did background investigations.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-18-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I don't recall him being unable to pronounce other words and since when does having a dry throat cause one to mispronounce just a particular person's name?
    !
    His throat is so dry, he's even spelling her name wrong!

Thanks, Bearcata...I did not see how he could be the kind of agent he wanted everyone to think he was!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

It looks like he was some sort of Federal employee. And, even if he wasn't, he wouldn't be the first to lie about his job or credentials......Marty the Chess Champion, anyone?????
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    more info:

Phillip's company

Enterprise Software Sales Group

Again he hypes that he was a former Federal agent and a US Army veteran.
    I'm never all that impressed with a website that contains spelling and punctuation errors. It also appears that most of their "client testimonials" were written by the same person, with a love of grandiose phrasing and multi-syllable adjectives. Wonder who that could be.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong but Survivor doesn't vet the occupations stated by the contestants, right? I mean, Phillip could just as easily have said he's the King of a small island nation

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    It looks like he was some sort of Federal employee. And, even if he wasn't, he wouldn't be the first to lie about his job or credentials......Marty the Chess Champion, anyone?????
    There are several positions that you can legitimately use the Term "Agent" or "Special Agent"...I do think Philip is stretching the truth quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Survivor doesn't vet the occupations stated by the contestants, right? I mean, Phillip could just as easily have said he's the King of a small island nation
    As in Coach's Amazon trip where he barely escaped with his life after being chased by natives? You mean they don't check that stuff?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

As soon as I heard Phillip telling everyone that he was a former Federal Agent, blessed with super-powers, I knew we had someone, insecure, who needed to brag about who and what he was. A real ex-fed would most likely keep that quiet, preferring to watch and learn and not need to be validated by anyone else.
    He's a big ol' joke to everyone but himself. Reminds me of Coach and his preposterous stories of past glory.
    As soon as someone starts talking about how great they are, you can be pretty sure they aren't.

+ Reply to Thread