+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Re: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Did anyone else get the idea that Philip was back on his meds? He was very subdued. But honestly, I think the crazy wasn't a complete act. He never showed the lucid side in his PI's and that's where the confessions usually show themselves. I don't dislike him, though. I think Rob nailed it on the head when he said all Philip is looking for is a little attention and love.
    Hmmm I hadn't thought of the medication angle. I would imagine that he would have been allowed to take them while on the island though. Of course he could have chosen to go off his meds (if he was on any to start). Or maybe as he and his family watched how he came off on screen, he saw a doctor and was put on meds since he got him.

I also found it interesting that Jeff didn't push Phil. Usually Jeff asks more questions of the folks that really rocked the boat. I was expecting a lot more questions about all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I also found it interesting that Jeff didn't push Phil. Usually Jeff asks more questions of the folks that really rocked the boat. I was expecting a lot more questions about all of that.
    You saw the difficulty Jeff had keeping Phillips on track.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have I missed something? What medications are Phillip on, or is this all speculation?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Speculation.

Do the folks at the reunion show watch the last episode along with the rest of us? Perhaps that is what had Phillip so sobered, reliving what was said to him at final TC.

I'm willing to bet that Phillip was/is hell to try to get along with at work. I can't help but wonder if his family is like him. Sometimes, there is that abnormal person in a family; sometimes, they're ALL strange.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

As annoying as Phil was during the show, I confess I felt a little sorry for him at the FTC with just about everyone except Ralph telling him he was a worthless human being and crazier than bat crap. And he was so subdued at the reunion, could barely muster a smile. IDK, I thought it was low of Julie to bring up him as a father, she knows nothing of the relationship he has with his son. Call out his behaviour on the show but leave the families out of it. I think Rob had it right when he said Phil was one of 12 children who just wanted to be heard and loved. I haven't walked in his shoes, so I can't judge him. I did think he was cringe-worthy often on the show, and highly entertaining...pretty much how I felt about Coach and in the end I felt sorry for him too.

Loved it when he called Ashley whiney during final tribal council. And didn't he look ridiculous with feathers and red cape.

He's definitely an odd duck.

I'm not sure I could sit in the same room with him without getting a case of the terminal giggles. Guess I'd just have to close my eyes and "call on the Lord".

I'd probably have to break out my Southern Belle fan.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    IDK, I thought it was low of Julie to bring up him as a father, she knows nothing of the relationship he has with his son. Call out his behaviour on the show but leave the families out of it.
    As far as I'm concerned, Julie has no right to be calling anyone out for poor behaviour. Smirking, condescending bitchery, hiding other people's belongings out of spite, and snubbing those one considers to be inferior are not the conduct of an admirable human being. Whatever she may think of Philip, she is certainly not a better individual than he.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, Julie has no right to be calling anyone out for poor behaviour. Smirking, condescending bitchery, hiding other people's belongings out of spite, and snubbing those one considers to be inferior are not the conduct of an admirable human being. Whatever she may think of Philip, she is certainly not a better individual than he.
    All true, but she'll always be the "old lady" (Russell's words) truly responsible for the beheading of Russa Hayntz. And yay for that.

As far as Phil goes, I think the medication thing is a possibility. This is not to say there is anything remotely wrong with be medicated... I'm just saying that his behavior is very similar to someone who has "gone off their meds."
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

+ Reply to Thread