+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

Re: Phillip Sheppard - Redemption Island

He is almost guaranteed a spot in F3 at this stage with his constant annoying antics. The only problem is he may not get any votes at all since nobody likes him, at least no votes from the Zapateras.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
    Wonder if he just "acting" nuts or really is nuts. Is anybody's guess! But he is one of the villains that is memorable in the show's past 22 years.
    You know, I'm not sure he really is a villain. Not that I think he's a hero either, but a villain usually plots to oust someone or pulls something like the legendary dead grandma trick. Phillip has acted very wacky, but I'm not sure anything he's done is really villainous. Even his fight with Steve didn't really have much of anything to do with game play, because he didn't use it to orchestrate getting Steve out of the game.

I don't know what to call him. He sort of defies categorization.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

If acting crazy is his gameplan, then why pull out the race card and drop that horrible word on a white man who had just called him crazy. Since Steve called him crazy, Phillip's "strategy" must have been working, for which Phillip should have been glad. Instead, he was an offensive mess. I don't believe there is any acting involved here, except for acting the fool.
    Last edited by lopevian; 05-10-2011 at 02:11 PM.

I think it may be his game plan but he isn't doing it very well. Couldn't control the chip on his shoulder.

FORT Fogey

Philip is not acting. This is clear. If anyone is still in doubt read interviews that Steve has given. Jeff's initial take on the castaways, on youtube, that was originally broadcast on the TV guide confirms it. He is odd/crazy/skewed, not genius strategist. I am stunned we are still debating this. Isn't it clear?

FORT Fan

I believe that there is definitely something about Phillip that will be revealed at the Reunion show -- Jeff has even said that in his blog/Q&A. Jeff was asked about the "?" that is printed after Phillip's title, and Jeff says that it will be revealed at the end. I think that Phillip is well aware of most of his antics and how they affect the group, but do any of us know for sure?? NO!! That is why we will watch on Sunday night....

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Philip is not acting. This is clear. If anyone is still in doubt read interviews that Steve has given. Jeff's initial take on the castaways, on youtube, that was originally broadcast on the TV guide confirms it. He is odd/crazy/skewed, not genius strategist. I am stunned we are still debating this. Isn't it clear?
    I agree. No actor on this planet could pull off the kind of loony that is Phillip. I will give him props for at least thinking about the game and pondering a strategy to try to eliminate Rob (well, at least talking about it in his confessionals). That is something that Rob's zombies have chosen not to do at all.

I have enjoyed Rob's determination and focus, but this season has been completely frustrating because of the lack of effort by almost everyone to play the game. I wonder if the whole Redemption Island angle took a lot of that sense of urgency away. I wish they would do away with RI (doesn't seem likely because Jeff has said it will be back), especially because it jeopardizes the greatest premise and most difficult challenge of the game - getting people to vote to give you a million dollars after you have had a hand in voting them out. If Matt gets to the finals, he will not have had a hand in voting anyone on the jury out. That goes against the whole foundation of the game.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't know what to call him. He sort of defies categorization.
    How about "crazy?" Weird and obnoxious also fits. Irrational. Irritating.
    He's not villanous, he's annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    I'm stunned too. He's just as nuts in camera interviews. Why would he hide the sanity from us? He's delusional and strange. With the survivors he is obnoxious and aggressive. I've don't believe for a minute it's a put-on.

Even if the guy turns out to be not completely crazy (which I doubt), he still doesn't know how to play Survivor at all. For one thing, going up again the jury with a "I'm going to rub salt in their wounds" approach is sheer stupidity. Why would anyone vote for someone whose final plea is a big "F YOU"?

Further, the man is entirely unwilling or unable to grasp the fact that he succeeded only in being the biggest and best pawn in the history of the game. He's the perfect person to have sitting next to you at FTC, because only a complete numbskull like Ralph will vote for him.

PS - We should have started a drinking game after episode one where every time Phillip said "full-blooded Cherokee" everyone does a shot.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

I think a chunk of reality hit Phillip when the questions were being asked by the jury. A few mentioned that Phil was nutty, not taken seriously and perfect to be sitting next to at the end because he is such a non threat. You could see he was shook up and wiped a tear away. At the live reunion, I kept expecting him to blow up in some way--he just looked so upset.

+ Reply to Thread