+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

Re: Matt Elrod - Redemption Island

Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Sure, it would be tempting to "get the message out there", but it wouldn't be the appropriate forum to do so.
    His profile at the beginning of this thread has no mention of God at all. Hard to know how much of what we saw was just editing.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

"Sometimes the light’s all shining on me, Other times I can barely see, Lately it occurs to me, What a long strange trip it’s been…" - Truckin' by The Grateful Dead

Fitting theme for Matt, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    There's an interview with EW where Matt says he wasn't there to play the game, but to "glorify God" and "get [His] name out there". Okey dokey. He also thinks if he played again, he could play the way Rob played, but he's not sure. RIIIIIGHT.

Go to med school, Matt.
    If he wants to glorify God, then he should be a missionary. Survivor is a game with a $1M dollar prize to the winner. He's only kidding himself if he wants us to believe that wasn't a big part of his motivation to go out there!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

The trouble I have with Matt and other Christians like him, who can't say a sentence without using the word God several times really get on my nerves and remind me of that old parable of the poor widow and her offering of two coins.

#90. The Poor Widow's Offering (Luke 20:45-21:4) -- JesusWalk

Luke 20:45-21:4

[45] While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, [46] "Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. [47] They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
    They remind me of all those evangelical preachers who claim family values and morality and yet live like rock stars on their churches offerings and have affairs with their followers and their wives.

I am much more impressed with those who do follow the commandments quietly and help others without telling everyone in earshot that they are doing so.

I hope Matt just goes away, quietly.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I start by admitting that I know anything about Bible quotes,or the Bible itself. However, this is a great thought for people to go through life with. Never met any religions preacher that wasnt a pious, self-adulating, clown.

Someone help me out here ... I swear I saw Matt on some CMT show last night, kissing a girl who was making a music video. He seemed to be acting in the video (they kept cracking up while kissing and couldn't get the take) and I only saw him for a few moments - the rest of the show was about the contest this girl and some others were in to get their video made. I'm not sure what the show is; I never watch CMT but was flipping through and thought I saw Matt so had to stop. I wonder when this show was done? Does anyone else know about it too, or was I not only flipping through, but maybe flipping out??

That show is CMT Superstar and making a video was the challenge for each of the final three. Was that really Matt? It didn't click with me. Anyway, she was thrown off and the show continues with two guys for the Finale.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789