+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *Survivor: Redemption Island Cast (Season 22)*

Re: *Survivor: Redemption Island Cast (Season 22)*

I think I will watch this season, after having stopped watching years ago. I also disliked Rob in his first season but he won me over in All-Stars and in his first season on Amazing Race especially. He is extremely smart, strategically and socially, and overall far more ethical than Russell. Other than the first time on Survivor, he really has dominated. When he did AR all-stars, they were on a tear with at least three first place finishes until they lost in one of those stupid find a needle in a haystack challenges that are completely unfair (other good teams have also been ousted on such stupid pure luck challenges). On the last Survivor round, I thought his ouster was also unfortunate.

Of course, I will root against the idiot Russell but notably they won't be interacting much at the beginning. If the contestants were smart, they'd keep Rob around right up until the merger for his game play (but by then he will probably have charmed everyone). I like the idea of redemption but I feel like for sure Russell will go there and then only return to wreak havoc. I think there has been too much Russell in the last few years (Rob's stints are much more spread out) but how could the producers resist reprising the Rob v. Russell battles.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I really really hope this is the only season they will do Redemption Island, unlike Exile. Not that I hate the idea but it's definitely enough for one season imo.

And by the way, Stephanie's gorgeous in her cast pic <3
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 02-04-2011 at 12:48 AM.

oh man, I am so sick of Russell and Rob--it makes me not want to watch

I guess I'll decide on Feb 16!

Why don't they just add in the characters from Sling Blade and Forrest Gump and we'll truly have a quartet of unbelievably grating regional dialects! I'm just picturing Rob and Sling Blade Guy, Forrest Gump and Russel sitting around the fire together discussing strategy in THOSE voices.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I agree with all here who've had enough of Rob and Russell. I'm on the "really like Rob but can't stand Russell' tribe but I'm done with both of them. They were unique players, both very good at the game but enough already.
    Just another example of Hollywood too lazy to come up with original ideas. Every movie now seems to be a "remake" of an old movie, and heck, even The Bachelor is resurrecting "Been there, Done That Brad."
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 02-05-2011 at 03:09 AM.

Wouldn't Rob and Russell be the ultimate all time loserts at this point? Rob will be going for his fourth loss and Russell for his third. If they are such amazing players it shouldn't take four or three tries to finally get the prize. I mean, where's the glory in that? How can either possibly say thery are the best players of all time when they have lost on multiple occassions, more so than any other players? How amny chances is this shwo going to give these two? A win for either of them would be hollow while loss no 4 and no 3 would prove they really are the all time biggest losers.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4182301;
    Wouldn't Rob and Russell be the ultimate all time loserts at this point? Rob will be going for his fourth loss and Russell for his third. If they are such amazing players it shouldn't take four or three tries to finally get the prize. I mean, where's the glory in that? How can either possibly say thery are the best players of all time when they have lost on multiple occassions, more so than any other players? How amny chances is this shwo going to give these two? A win for either of them would be hollow while loss no 4 and no 3 would prove they really are the all time biggest losers.
    They are definitely the Biggest Losers of Survivor show but they are the Biggest Winners for the people who produce Survivor.
    They both bring major drama and that's what makes the ratings go up.
    It's not about our viewing pleasure but rather their deep pockets.

I like Rob, but I do hope that he retires (I can't believe I'm saying that for a reality show) after this season. Doing too many of these can affect him long term in life, and I don't want to see him have lasting effects from it. The passing out his last season should be a sign that this is getting tougher and he has a wife and two children now to take care of.

That said, I hope he at least makes it to the jury, then he'll have been in all three rounds of elimination - pre-jury, in jury, final two. He I think will be the only one to have done that.

Russell - he's there for ratings, and honestly if people wise up, they'll keep him in long enough to make it to jury then oust him prior to it.

Or better, they may try to keep him to jury so they can show him what it feels like to watch others play the game and get a wakeup call as to how to truly play this game and win. He really needs a different perspective given he doesn't get that you must have some social to win this game.

I mean, hell, even Richard had some social game in his season - if he didn't, Rudy, who was homophobic at the time, wouldn't have warmed up to Richard, and that was just one vote that determined his win - he did win 4-3 against Kelly. Getting Rudy to warm up to Rich and see that he was more than the label, made Rudy trust him to the point that he kept his word in that if he was eliminated, he'd vote for Rich. (BTW, unlike how I feel with Russell, I do think Rich would've voted for Rudy had the tables reversed).

I know this is a bit rambling, but that's the point - every winner has had some social aspect in this game, made at least a couple of friends, and won. Russell has never had any true friends who'd stick with him - he was more loner, and he lost every time.

Does anyone have a clear picture of what Redemption Island is supposed to be like? In other words, will the first one voted off go there to find shelter already constructed? Will there be supplies like food, water and flint to make a fire that first night when that person arrives?

I keep thinking back to the season when one tribe member from the losing tribe was sent to Exile Island and the twist that was awaiting them there. Being sent to Exile Island was no picnic, so I wonder how harsh living on Redemption Island will be. I guess that we will find out next Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4186419;
    Does anyone have a clear picture of what Redemption Island is supposed to be like? In other words, will the first one voted off go there to find shelter already constructed? Will there be supplies like food, water and flint to make a fire that first night when that person arrives?

I keep thinking back to the season when one tribe member from the losing tribe was sent to Exile Island and the twist that was awaiting them there. Being sent to Exile Island was no picnic, so I wonder how harsh living on Redemption Island will be. I guess that we will find out next Wednesday.
    I would think they'd have the basics you'd have at the normal camp - some rice (though here they probably give a small ration for three days and each person coming in gets a new sack for three days), flint and water that has to be boiled in order to drink.

Shelter would have to be created, and the person here would have to decide if they should make a nice one or crummy one if they think they'll stay there or be eliminated by the newcomer.

They can't do a haves/have not twist here because whoever ended up getting to return to the game would have a huge advantage over the ones who were on basic rations throughout the game.

And yes, I think as far as living area, it'll have its dangers pending on the terrain.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast