+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Notice NO mention of helping his mom now!

Hey, I like Chase's song (and I"m a country fan). Maybe he does have a future there.

I wonder why Jeff thought Sash would be the first one out...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4129911;
    Okay, I'm very much an upper midwesterner, so maybe it's just me, but is anyone else having trouble understanding Chase when he sings?
    Well, I had the captioning on... it was basically an "I'm hungover" song...classic country topic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4129913;
    Well, I had the captioning on... it was basically an "I'm hungover" song...classic country topic.

It could totally just be me too. I don't really listen to country western music, and when I was at an Opry Classics concert in Nashville, there was one woman I literally could not understand when she sang. Everyone else was fine, but she might as well have been singing in Urdo.

Love that Holly brought Dan a pair of cowboy boots as an apology. I hope they were South Dakota made (an awful lot of cowboy boots are made in places like India and China; nothing against the countries of India and China, but cowboy boots really ought to be western-made).

FORT Fogey

Apparently we're going to get to hear from parents at NaOnka's school talking about why they want her fired. Did I hear that right? Can't wait.

Wish we could have seen more of Dan's personality all season long. He seems like fun.

Jane is one of this season's most liked contestants per Jeff. Is she going to get the fan favorite prize? I hope she at least gets a P90X commercial out of it.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Excellent - quitters don't automatically get on the jury in future seasons.

FORT Fogey

NaOnka was a classic villain? I thought she was more irritating that villainous.

NaOnka: I really didn't think I was going to be a villain.
    Jeff: You pushed a woman with a prosthetic leg down!

Kelly B. was very classy about the whole situation, though.

Re Jane and commercials: I hadn't thought about it before, but if someone wanted to promote physical fitness for people over fifty, Jane would be a good candidate to include in a video. She obviously worked herself into competitive shape and she's not afraid to be challenged.

Love that even NaOnka's mom was shocked by her behavior--and will only take credit for the 50% of NaOnka's behavior that was good.

Okay, I don't like that the show will have the right to do what they want if someone quits. It should be clear cut: you quit, you lose your vote. If it would mess up the end vote, figure out some way to get around that, like letting the audience have a vote or just letting it remain a tie. Would it be so terrible if the top two split the combined winnings for first and second place?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4129917;
    Apparently we're going to get to hear from parents at NaOnka's school talking about why they want her fired. Did I hear that right? Can't wait.

Wish we could have seen more of Dan's personality all season long. He seems like fun.

Jane is one of this season's most liked contestants per Jeff. Is she going to get the fan favorite prize? I hope she at least gets a P90X commercial out of it.
    Did she say that was the fitness program she used? I missed that. I heard she worked out, but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;4129919;
    Excellent - quitters don't automatically get on the jury in future seasons.
    though apparently if they are crazy/controversial enough (aka, Naonka), they will be allowed to be on the jury and have a rather sizable amount of airtime on the finale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4129920;
    NaOnka was a classic villain? I thought she was more irritating that villainous.

NaOnka: I really didn't think I was going to be a villain.
    Jeff: You pushed a woman with a prosthetic leg down!

Kelly B. was very classy about the whole situation, though.

Re Jane and commercials: I hadn't thought about it before, but if someone wanted to promote physical fitness for people over fifty, Jane would be a good candidate to include in a video. She obviously worked herself into competitive shape and she's not afraid to be challenged.

Love that even NaOnka's mom was shocked by her behavior--and will only take credit for the 50% of NaOnka's behavior that was good.

Okay, I don't like that the show will have the right to do what they want if someone quits. It should be clear cut: you quit, you lose your vote. If it would mess up the end vote, figure out some way to get around that, like letting the audience have a vote or just letting it remain a tie. Would it be so terrible if the top two split the combined winnings for first and second place?
    If Sash had gotten a vote this season would have been a tie. Would they have forced that voter to revote?

FORT Fogey

I think quitters should be gone entirely. No vote, no money, no influence on the ending whatsoever from the point they quit. Leaving it up to the producers leaves the door open for all kind of shady stuff behind the scenes.

Also, I hate the final three thing. Why did they change from final 2? It made a lot more sense to me when the vote was split between 2, not 3.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread