+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Does anybody know how the final vote went?
    I'd love to know.
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Sweetpea, you're so right on Rob and Amber and why I like them - even though I do hope that they don't try to keep getting on these shows. Not that I don't think they don't have regular jobs and keep fairly private, but I just would rather them raise their children without one or the other constantly gone for a month or so to do these shows.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;4130141;
    Seeing Russell made me shudder. I can't believe I actually had a physical reaction to seeing him pop up on my screen. LOVED seeing Cirie again.
    Poor Russell probably wished he had played on this season, he would have made mincemeat out of these idiots.
    I think he does too - because even though he plays tough and takes no prisoners, I think this time he'd played just enough of a social game he might've taken them out. And, you can be sure that he'd gotten Fabio out in final three (unless he won immunity) and had possibly Chase and Sash there (I'd say Dan, but Russell is older and been on the older tribe).

This jury I think would've voted him over the other two - yes even Chase, because while he plays a rather ugly game, you KNOW where he's coming from and he doesn't lie about his feelings. This jury seemed to respect that.

I liked seeing Cirie there, but Rupert doesn't look good IMHO. Hope nothing is wrong with him.

I wonder if the contestants will know which one of the people on Redemption Island was the winner of the 'head to head battle' or if they will have to wonder until the end when one person makes it back into the game. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4130288;
    Does anybody know how the final vote went?
    I'd love to know.
    TIA
    According to wikipedia (and we all know to use caution there), the votes for Chase were Holly, Jane, Brenda, and Alina.
    _(Moo!)

THanks, Mama,

I'll try and check the CBS website and EW to see if it's posted there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

According to someone at TWoP, the votes for Chase were: NaOnka,Purple Kelly, Alina and Brenda.

Both Holly and Jane voted for Jud/Fabio, as did Marty, Benry and Dan.

So, had the "quitters" not been able to vote Fabio would have won by 5-2.

Jud's winning has restored my faith in Survivor. I was getting sick of seeing people with no Survivor skills or redeeming personality traits (like Parvarti) win it all. Jud played a brilliant game despite what people seem to think of him. He had a strategy. He played a character and made delicate mental moves whilst artfully controlling his behavior and impulses. While his strategy was subtle, it was effective. Just as effective as lying to everyone but the difference is lying just gets the jury mad at you and you get no votes for the win, ala Russell and Sash. To be able to read people and react, or not react, is a skill he used to his advantage. I think it's easy to lie to people as a way to influence them but to control their minds subtlety and have it work is a more cerebral way of playing. Jud is not the dummy everyone thinks he is.

As far as what he's going to do with the money, who cares? To want to use to bring people together in a positive way (no matter if it works or not) is a good thing and a noble cause. He's 21 year-old kid with aspirations to change the world for the better. You remember how it was to be 21, right? His optimism and unselfishness is refreshing. He was smart enough to play cool and win Survivor so I think he's smart enough not to piss it all away and save enough for a rainy day.

I did not like the reunion. Why not show who voted for whom like every other season? So what if Nay and Kelly P.'s votes determined the outcome. I think everybody, while unhappy they were on the jury, knew they were going to get a vote so why not show it? Why the secret? Dumb.

I wanted to hear more from the players during the reunion and could really not care any less about Rob, Bradshaw, or Nay's Mom. At the end of the show all of the Survivors had a look like, really? That's it? Same here.

I'll bet anything that Dan threw those boots in the garbage.
    Last edited by rfromp; 12-20-2010 at 08:29 PM. Reason: i got more to say!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4130071;
    to Fabio! I am confident that his family will make sure his $650,000 (about) is invested wisely for his future. Better not to touch any of it and allow it to grow.

Do what? Jud is an adult, and may or may not care what his family has to say about the money. As for not touching ANY of it, I have to disagree. I se nothing wrong with him blowing hell out of a small part, maybe 10%, and splitting the rest in half if he really wants to try to start a business of whatever type. If he left even $150,000in a 'do not touch' account, even a safe one like index funds, he would still have a really nice retirement when the time came. With cash, not a loan, in hand, if he was modest, he could try his promotional company or whatever it was, and still have enough to start over if that proved to be a failure. It takes money to make money, and Jud now has a wonderful opportunity to try one or two things and still not go broke, if he isn't stupid about it.

As to how the money gets spent period, the twenty somethings just kill me getting their thongs in a twist if someone doesn't want to 'improve the world', give at least half to charity, etc. Being totally honest--I'dgive some to charities if it were me. I always have given money, and tried to donate time/items/etc to one thing and another. But out of a $600,000 net, think what you will, but I would NOT be giving half or even a third of it away, moast likely, and any business I set up would, 95 out of a hundred, NOT be one that was linked to saving the planet, doing research to save people, or anything like that, at least not as the #1, or likelyeven 2nd 3rd priority unless it was a coincidental part of something I am really interesed in..
    Last edited by queenb; 12-20-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I was very glad to see Fabio win. He proved that you don't have to have a strong alliance and 'be in control of the game' to win. Every person that looks into the camera and says "I am in control of this game" is usually too darned cocky and arrogant to notice that there is a boot attaching itself to his or her butt.

I like Jeff. I would love to see Jeff hosting until the show leaves the air. I also couldn't stand Boston Rob on the first two seasons he played Survivor. On Heroes vs Villians, I began to realize the guy has grown up. He's no longer an arrogant douche, he's become a very likeable and intelligent man. I don't think I would enjoy him as host though... if Jeff DOES leave and they want a former contestant to host I would LOVE to watch me some Colby.

Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4129924;
    I think quitters should be gone entirely. No vote, no money, no influence on the ending whatsoever from the point they quit. Leaving it up to the producers leaves the door open for all kind of shady stuff behind the scenes.

Also, I hate the final three thing. Why did they change from final 2? It made a lot more sense to me when the vote was split between 2, not 3.

I don't mind the final three thing. Usually in a final two situation I root for the lesser of two evils not really caring who wins. But with three the odds are better that I will genuinely want someone to win. More fun in that, for me anyway.

+ Reply to Thread