+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4130113;
    Concerning NaOnka and Kelly B:

I was hoping the point Kelly B was trying to get across would have been taken to heart by more people. She didn't mind that she had to fight NaOnka for the clue... that was NaOnka treating her as an equal.
    What she DID mind was NaOnka saying things like... "I'll carry you on my back through the game." NaOnka saw her as a disabled person first, she was so focused on her prosthetic, she didn't see anything else. THIS is what bothered Kelly B.
    Nah, I got the point with Kelly B - she was trying to say she respected Naonka for treating her like an equal as you said.

Still - shoving her like Nay did was not a smart thing, and frankly, could've put Kelly B out of the game if it did cause an injury to the rest of her leg or the prosthesis. To me, that was the worrisome part in that incident.

I do think they need to make a rule about shoving for a clue - or least enforce it - regarding fighting on the show. This wasn't a challenge, and even if it was it wasn't one where body contact was allowed, so IMHO it was fighting.

That all said, Kelly B was classy, and I respect her even more competing for taking the high road here. Nay? - still no, and again she should know that her actions would reflect on her post-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4129916;
    Love that Holly brought Dan a pair of cowboy boots as an apology. I hope they were South Dakota made (an awful lot of cowboy boots are made in places like India and China; nothing against the countries of India and China, but cowboy boots really ought to be western-made).
    How about Texas, New Mexico or Arizona...don't leave those out! I've seen beautiful boots being made there, and several of the 'brand' boots still have factories in Texas. (Sorry, but I can't think of a brand name boot maker in SDak and you have to wonder if Holly would pay the $1000 or up needed to have a pair made) And actually some of the most beautiful hand made boots come out of Mexico. (I don't wear them anymore, but used to love wearing cowboy boots, and had them on daily-but they had to be 'real' ones)

I managed to miss the finale, but am really glad Jud won, and really glad Sash didn't.
    ETA--this 'redemption Island" thing sounds like something I'm going to hate. And am I correct that they didn't even change location? Pooh. But I'll still watch!
    Last edited by queenb; 12-20-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I won if Sash's complete lack of votes had any impact on Mastermind Russell. I hope Sash's final interview is a lot more gracious than Russell's.

Loving the idea of redemtion island I think it'll end up helping people with their social game, which seems to be very important to winning - if they have to worry about who's coming back, they will take better care when trying to blindside people. Also, I think contestants need to change up their "get rid of the strong players first" strategy. Weak players don't make enemies and end up winning.... If you're going to the end with players that don't mind getting their hands dirty, you at least stand a better chance at winning and maybe, maybe just maybe a true "player" will win some year.... floaters winning irks me to no end as does the sour grapes of jury members, as they are all liars when it comes right down to it. Yes Fabio won 3 challenges at the end, but by then all the dirty work had been done by the other players and he reaped the benefits. I wonder how long it'll take Fabio to blow his money, what a waste of cash IMO, Chase would have at least donated some to charity... oh well, another so-so season over for me.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I loved Judd's win. Loved that Sash got no votes. Laughed my butt off every time they showed Jane's dead-lizard face at the FTC. Loved that Chase managed to throw Marty's question back in his face. Was a bit taken aback at Dan's vitriol at the FTC. I feel like we missed a lot, or they didn't show enough of the inter-personal dynamics because he seemed way too bitter considering how he came across at camp and with the other players.

Holly did look beautiful. Her haircut was lovely on her, and thank goodness she didn't shellac on the make up like some of the others at the reunion. Kelly Purple's hair looked ridiculous...it took me awhile to even figure out who she was! I have to admit though, NaOnka looked pretty.

The less said about Shannon the better. What a total jerk. I was glad Jeff cut him off so completely. That was uncomfortable, as was Jeff's talk with NaOnka's Mom, who you could tell regretted her statement that she was the "good one" or whatever she said. Nay seemed ticked off. Poor Mom...

As most people who know me here at FORT know, I adore Boston Rob. One of my favourite Survivors ever, I just love him. It was lovely to hear they had another baby...good for them! They do make adorable children. And unlike Trista and Ryan, at least they aren't plastered on the front of every magazine when they do have a child, or when they lose the baby weight, etc. Rob and Amber do keep their private life fairly private. I had no idea they were expecting again! Congrats to them!

Seeing Russell made me shudder. I can't believe I actually had a physical reaction to seeing him pop up on my screen. LOVED seeing Cirie again.
    Poor Russell probably wished he had played on this season, he would have made mincemeat out of these idiots.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Redemption Island idea. It's fine up until the jury phase, but what then?? Does it only go up until jury? You can't bring a jury member back, that's just weird.

Oh, and Alina's "Man not Boy" comment I took as merely her way of flirting with Chase. The girl had cow-eyes, that's for sure. Funny, if you took away the two quitter's votes (both voted for Chase) it wasn't as close as it seemed.

Yay for making a new rule that the show can do what they want with quitters...someone is listening! :Yay

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4129910;
    It didn't look confident to me, it looked cocky. Not a good choice for a winner, either before OR after the votes are read.

Look, he was up against a snake in the grass and the guy that was dumber than a bag of hammers (Marty was right!). Jud was the obvious winner. But it makes him look better if he shows a little respect to his competitors for the game they played, that's all.
    Jud did act rather cocky and overconfident at the FTC, and that may or may not have cost him some votes from the jury. I think that he did think that he had the million dollars in the bag by choosing to go up against Sash and Chase and was surprised to hear Chase's name keep coming up when Jeff read the votes.

I doubt that Jud expected the vote to be that close, and I was actually surprised that Chase got 4 votes from the jury, which meant that he must have played a pretty good social game. I would really like to know how the votes broke down.

I am not sure what to make of Jud, though, after how he acted at the reunion. I could not follow anything that he was saying. He came across more like that goofy guy that he was portrayed as on the show. Perhaps his young age had something to do with it, and he might just be a quirky guy in real life.

I was not a fan of Marty's during the show, and he didn't give me any reason to change my mind last night. I thought that he seemed rather arrogant when Jeff asked if he and Jane had become friends after the show. It seemed like he wanted to make sure that he got in the last "zing" by making it a point to stress that "that would never happen". Why not be gracious and just let it go?

Like many of you, I was disappointed in the Reunion show. I would have preferred to hear more from the contestants last night. Some of them got little or no interaction with Jeff last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4130130;
    How about Texas, New Mexico or Arizona...don't leave those out! I've seen beautiful boots being made there, and several of the 'brand' boots still have factories in Texas. (Sorry, but I can't think of a brand name boot maker in SDak and you have to wonder if Holly would pay the $1000 or up needed to have a pair made) And actually some of the most beautiful hand made boots come out of Mexico. (I don't wear them anymore, but used to love wearing cowboy boots, and had them on daily-but they had to be 'real' ones)

I managed to miss the finale, but am really glad Jud won, and really glad Sash didn't.
    ETA--this 'redemption Island" thing sounds like something I'm going to hate. And am I correct that they didn't even change location? Pooh. But I'll still watch!
    If Holly had been from Texas, I would have hoped the boots came from there. I only thought they should come from South Dakota, because she lives in that state, and it would be nice of her to support the local economy.

And it wouldn't have to be a brand name bootmaker. There are independent bootmakers who do custom work. Yes, that's more expensive, but if Holly happened to know one, he/she might give her a deal, particularly to get his/her work into the hands of someone who routinely spends thousands of dollars on his shoes. If he liked them, he might very well become a future customer and/or pass on his name to friends who wanted a pair.

Tilden: I don't think Rob is a good choice as a host at all, should Jeff retire. He's not neutral enough. People either like him or loathe him. Personally, I'd give serious thought to not watching if I had to listen to him all season.
    I agree about Rob. I am sick of this guy. Stopped watching TAR because of him. I will not watch Survivor if Rob is Host. He is a boring self centered jerk. I have always liked Jeff but Rob - UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4130164;
    Jud did act rather cocky and overconfident at the FTC, and that may or may not have cost him some votes from the jury. I think that he did think that he had the million dollars in the bag by choosing to go up against Sash and Chase and was surprised to hear Chase's name keep coming up when Jeff read the votes.

I doubt that Jud expected the vote to be that close, and I was actually surprised that Chase got 4 votes from the jury, which meant that he must have played a pretty good social game. I would really like to know how the votes broke down.

I am not sure what to make of Jud, though, after how he acted at the reunion. I could not follow anything that he was saying. He came across more like that goofy guy that he was portrayed as on the show. Perhaps his young age had something to do with it, and he might just be a quirky guy in real life.

I was not a fan of Marty's during the show, and he didn't give me any reason to change my mind last night. I thought that he seemed rather arrogant when Jeff asked if he and Jane had become friends after the show. It seemed like he wanted to make sure that he got in the last "zing" by making it a point to stress that "that would never happen". Why not be gracious and just let it go?

Like many of you, I was disappointed in the Reunion show. I would have preferred to hear more from the contestants last night. Some of them got little or no interaction with Jeff last night.
    I think that's probably the key....Jud probably got a better edit than he deserved as they knew he was the winner and edited the show around that. Am I the only one that's sick of the sour grapes from jurors? It's freaking game people and you're going to get "played" .... at least give respect to the ones that were smart enough to fool you, not cry "but I trusted you and you lied to me" ... enough already, it's a schoolyard mentality IMO
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread