+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

I wasn't a fan of this reunion special. It seemed Jeff spent too much time talking to people in the audience that truly gave no insight into the actual game and the outcome (Boston Rob, Terry Bradshaw, Naonka's Mom). It seems in seasons past more time was devoted to talking to the players and showing clips and asking about stategies. I think almost every season Jeff had them raise their hand and asked who voted for whom. He also puts a different scenario out there such as "If Holly had been in the final 3, would your vote have been different?" (which I would've liked the answer to as well). A mediocre ending to a mediocre season.

I hate final 3 as opposed to final 2 as well. Most often when there is a final 3 one person just sits there with no votes. One year I would like it to cause a tie. I think the first year they did a final 3 I remember them saying the 2 who tied would have to split the $$ and would be co-winners or something like that. I suppose it would be another Survivor first...(and probably a Survivor last as well!)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4129964;

9. What about other Survivors and their kids since the show? - many of them have married since.
    I think it was because him and Amber met on the show. They did a blip on another season when Jamie and that guycan'trememberhisname got married.

I loved seeing Boston Rob! He's my favorite player ever! What changed my opinion of him was TAR. He was conniving and a lil' mean to the other teams, but he ALWAYS treated Amber with respect. They didn't talk hateful to each other, even when they were disagreeing. I think that says a LOT about the man he is as opposed to his tv personality.

I'm happy Fabio won! And while he is goofy, I think he isn't nearly as dumb as he pretended to be. He may not have known who everyone was voting for, but he got a good read on people by sitting back and watching.

Their appearances at the reunion show always shock me. Sash's face is as round as an orange. After seeing him so sunken, I was floored by him the most. Usually, the younger girls look like a million bucks, but I thought the Kelly's looked terrible. Those hair cuts are not becoming on them. Brenda looked beautiful. I thought Jane looked much healthier. With more weight on, her wrinkles did a disappearing act. Maybe when I'm old, I'll just for go any diets..lol. And Holly. Wow. Holly looked like a plain jane on the show but tonight...girl was rocking it! She looked so pretty. And with more weight on, she looked younger, as well. Benry ...wow. Who knew he was such a cutie pie under all that dirt, grime and scruff? He looked adorable tonight.

Dan....he might be dull and not competitive but I'm going to guess that he's a terrific father. Those boys sure do seem to love him. You don't get that by passing your kids off to nannies or whoever will take them. Forget his wealth..I think that might just be his legacy.

Jury questions.....most of them confused me. Especially Kelly Purple. WTF was with the 'man' questions? I did enjoy Marty's. Cerebral...that means smart, Chase. LMAO!!!!!! I was cracking up during his whole segment. LOVED it!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4129934;
    ...Anyone else wondering if the rumor that Jeff is quitting is true that they are setting Rob up as his replacement? That "take us to the break" line....
    Uggghhhh! Nails on chalkboard.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I like Rob for that reason too - he loves Amber and respects her. He does annoy me on a competitive level at times, but he's learned the difference between the two - game and real life, for the most part, so that helps out. (That said, I have to admit I don't want to see him on too many more of these shows - like with Jerri, they now are in a more favorable light and keeping on doing these shows can backfire on them and worse his children when they get older.)

As far as this year... yes I agree with JavaJo that the cast looked much better post show. Jane and Holly looked much younger with more weight and quite a few others looked great now. (Jimmy J. I think looked already preened from having to do NFL talk stuff earlier in the day.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4129952;
    OK, now we wanna know how much they cost! Surely, I hope, not as much as his shoes!

---Really ornate cowboy boots can be as much as a pair of alligator shoes. More even. But I doubt The Hitchin' Post in Aberdeen, which isn't even west river, is stocking $1500 cowboy boots. Even if they were, Holly couldn't afford them. Remember, she thought paying $1600 for shoes was ridiculous. So do I, actually. If you've got that much money to spend on shoes, buy a $200 pair and give $1400 to a charity that provides shoes for people who wouldn't have a pair otherwise. Unless Dan has some really terrible foot problem that requires $1600 orthotics (but in that case, I don't think Holly would have tossed his shoes).

So Jane makes 50K a year? Not a millionaire, but not exactly starving in the streets either. And presumably goes fairly far in a small NC town, unless it's some kind of haven for the rich suburb.
    In South Dakota, that would be quite a good salary. However, farming can be very expensive, and you can run up bills very quickly if you have a bad year, which can be caused by nearly anything: bad weather, droughts, floods, insects--and that's just what can affect the crops. If they keep farm animals as well, there's a whole other list of things that could go wrong. Plus, if you have a good year, a lot of your neighbors probably will, and if there's a lot of product out there, the price for everyone's crops goes down. Fifty thousand may or may not be that much, depending on her situation. Also, I can't remember how her husband died. There may be bills to pay there too. Heck, if he didn't have life insurance, or didn't have sufficient life insurance, the funeral bills might have taken a chunk of savings too

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4129969;
    I don't understand the popularity of Boston Rob. His accent would irritate me to no end. If Jeff's going, then why not replace him with another 'Jeff-type' guy and not someone we've already watched and formed strong opinions about?

I wanted them to show who voted for who. All the build up on showing them making their decisions and writing them down--- then the winner's announced and that's it? Also, did they say where the next season is going to take place?

I had no favorite Survivor this season, but of the three I found myself rooting for Fabio because the other 2 just irritated me. However...after hearing him talk so 'profoundly' about his idea of physics and how he plans on using music to unite people to undermine the government or act subversively in regards to government (if that's what I heard correctly from his far out ramblings....) I found myself sickened by him. (don't get me wrong, it's good to have ideas, but he sounded like a 16 yr old with 'big ideas'. He will throw that million away. I love Survivor, and watched this season, but couldn't get into it for some reason.
    I don't know if you can trust that Fabio's going to do anything he said with the money. It sounded more to me like he was just throwing ideas out there, and he had just won the money. He might have been too giddy to think/talk straight. I thought he might even have been deliberately throwing goofy ideas out there. Remember, his strategy was to be something of a goofball, and he knows it made him popular with the audience too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4129964;
    Jane made it pretty clear in her comments and reaction to Chase in the final five council (I didn't see the final one before the jury questions) that she was leaning more toward Fabio IMHO than Chase. Afterall, she knew that Fabio was going to vote for her more out of respect that she was a threat, and Chase backstabbed her.

Benry I think voted for Fabio.

Naonka I would be surprised if she was the Fabio one, but she could've been. Given she gave him the idol, I'd be surprised otherwise.

The only two I can see here being different are Nay and Benry. Jane's I felt was pretty obvious.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as the finale, a few notes IMHO:

1. Nay should've had little to none coverage. Yes, I totally understand being pissed that people weren't happy with her antics on the show and wanted her fired from being a teacher, but even though it IS a game, that side of you showing is a side of you that is in there. Everyone on that show knows (or should) that their actions on the show WILL affect them post season. Some have become celebrities, others have ended up in situations similar to Nay's. She shouldn't be surprised at the response, and she shouldn't act as though no one should be concerned about their kid being taught by her. Even after tonight, I'd STILL be acting the same way if I was a parent of a kid in her class. (Yes, I do wonder if she'll have a job as of tomorrow after tonight - unless she is part of a union).

And, I don't care either if it's "Game" or not, you do NOT shove someone down with a prosthesis. Why? - You can break the person's bones at the point where the fake limb and real bone meet (those bones can be pretty thin in that area), and worse, you can damage/destroy the prosthesis and they are not easy to replace. She frankly should've been REMOVED from the game after that incident - to me, it was tantamount to fighting, not game play.

2. Jane winning fan favorite - I was glad she won, but will say that I think she won because she showed how tough she was for her age, and she made it very far as an older woman in this show. Usually women her age will be eliminated near the beginning of the season. So, I can see why she won, and was glad that she won and not someone such as Jimmy J. (yes, early boot, but names do factor in things like this potentially), or someone less deserving did.

3. I may not like Sash's game play, but Shannon's response and calling him gay when he's not is out of line.

4. Fabio - like the guy, but I'm hoping he seriously, SERIOUSLY reconsiders his current plan to use the money. He's only getting about half of that, and a lot of production groups tend to crash quickly. He's got a bright future ahead IMHO, and I think he should save a good portion of that money as a fall back if something did happen in that group or the like. If he just puts it all in there and he fails, then Fabio will be what he seemed to be on TV, and as I've said, he's better than that.

5. Kudos for Holly getting Dan a pair of cowboy boots as a compensation for what happened. Ostrich quill boots aren't exactly cheap (most pair I've seen are at least $450-$750), so they may not be as expensive, but they are nice and something he didn't have.

6. Jane and Marty may not like each other, but they were respectful to each other post show, so that was a nice surprise. I'd rather people be respectful and not like each other than the way they were in the show. (BTW, I don't think Marty's speech then hurt Jane in as much as her proving her prowess in challenges and the like).

7. Terry Bradshaw - I've got to give him props. It's the first time in a long time he actually made sense talking, was congratulatory toward Jimmy for making it over a week on the show, and said that he could've gone on longer and had the drive.

8. Next season? - Well, I don't have a problem so much with redemption island in that they have a chance to fight to come back on. It is essentially exile island except it's either you win the next challenge or you're out. And from the sound of things, it sounds like it's only one person who will return though. It's interesting there, as were some other things I noticed here, but I can't say because it could possibly spoil next season.

9. I like Rob well enough and think his and Amber's new daughter is darling (BTW, I like how for the most part he does try to keep their personal life low key), however... was it really necessary to air it here? What about other Survivors and their kids since the show? - many of them have married since.

10. Jeff sometimes I think even in this reunion section wanted to bop the players upside the head and say "What are you thinking?" in the chats. Can't say as I blame him this go.

Overall, from what I got to see, not a bad season, but there have been better. Hopefully next season will be better.
    I think it's possible NaOnka did vote for Fabio. He seemed to get with her when he started to break down about his mom. And she may have felt Chase sold some people out after she left.

As for Jeff sometimes wanting to bop people upside the head, I loved his gut reaction to NaOnka claiming she was really nice on the show. It just isn't nice to shove someone with a prosthesis over. I hadn't even thought about the issue of damaging the portion of the leg attached to the prosthesis, but obviously that's a huge problem. My initial reaction was that shoving someone who may not be able to maintain their balance as well or control a fall as well simply was dangerous to that other person. Do they have rules on Survivor about shoving or hitting someone else outside of challenges where it may be part of the situation? They do on most reality shows, including those with physical challenges like RW/RR.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

YAY! Fabio! I hardly recognized him as Judson during the reunion show. It is always such a shock to see everyone clean and well fed. He played a successful social game and a successful physical game when it counted. He didn't over-think the game as Sash did and as Chase tried to do.

I enjoyed this season. I liked Jane with her spunk and Holly with her mothering. NaOnka was an in your face villain with delusions of grandeur, but she wasn't skeevy as some past villains have been. I couldn't warm up at all to Marty - to me he was as big a jerk as NaOnka. I liked the way Brenda played until she didn't think she had to play. Overall a diverse and interesting cast.

Speaking of skeevy villains, Russell Hantz was in the audience though not pointed out by name as perennial favorites Cirie and Rupert were. Ahh, The brand new addition to the Mariani family is too cute.

They did have to make an official rule (change) after all the out cry in order to give production leeway in how to handle true quitters if they leave at jury level. It sounds ambiguous but at least the option to kick them to the curb is now in the books.

Redemption Island sounds intriguing. The second person voted off has to fight (in a challenge) the first person voted off for the right to stay on Redemption Island while the loser goes home. Then the next one arrives and they rinse and repeat. I wonder how long that will go on before one (the final winner of the last challenge) is brought back into the game? At merge? That would be logical. Have to wait for Feb to see how it plays out.

Good season! Congrats to Fabio/Judson!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

I actually was okay with Fabio winning until the vote, then he just really lost me. He was cocky, not just confident, but in-your-face cocky. Maybe youth had something to do with that response, maybe he just loved the fact that people had under estimated him, but it was not appealing.

I can't remember which poster commented on not being able to understand a word of the song Chase sang, neither could I and I am NC born and bred.

I wasn't unhappy with Janes win. I can understand why people would vote for her. She really did prove to be one tough woman. She was smart in how she trained and prepared for this show. She managed to dodge the bullet for a good while. She was, at times, very annoying, but I was still so impressed with her work ethic and her preparation.

Shannon seems to have a whole lot of anger.

Didn't like Marty or Dan one bit better at the reunion show.

Only contestants I would like to see return to play again from this season would be Marty, Brenda, and maybe Fabio.

+ Reply to Thread