+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/19 Finale Show *Spoilers*

Mitchell Olson, SD's first Survivor contestant (Survivor Australia) was just interviewed. He actually knows Holly.

Small world. Or at least small state, population-wise.

Jane won player of the season? Meh.

NaOnka got waaay too much airtime. Also, too much going into the audience.

I'm glad Jud won. I usually pull for the more strategic player, but after hearing some things about Sash I'm ok with Fabio. He seems nice enough. And I love the short hair

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4129948;
    The boots Holly gave Dan came from The Hitchin' Post in Aberdeen, South Dakota.

Remember, you heard it here first.
    OK, now we wanna know how much they cost! Surely, I hope, not as much as his shoes!

So Jane makes 50K a year? Not a millionaire, but not exactly starving in the streets either. And presumably goes fairly far in a small NC town, unless it's some kind of haven for the rich suburb.

Does anyone know if second place still gets $100,000? They never mention it anymore.

I also miss the final two vs. final three. However, at least we had three actual players in the finals, not two players and a placeholder (like Dan would have been).
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Regular

So I"m guessing noone knows who voted for who aside from the ones that were revealed?

FORT Fanatic

i guess not.

but idk, alina, brenda, and holly voted for chase. but if kelly, as someone pointed out earlier, also voted then that means dan, marty, jane, benry, and naonka voted for jud. what i don't get is why would naonka vote for jud? again, i didnt watch this season since ep 2 but over at tdt, she gave chase the idol and was close early with sash.

FORT Fogey

OK I was pulling for Fabio all the way, but the guy acted ridiculous on the renunion show. He was a total tool. I actually thought Chase came across the best and hope he makes it.

I would guess the votes were

Jane, Nayonka, Brenda, and Alina for Chase

Benry, Marty, Dan, Holly, and Kelly for Fabio

FORT Fanatic

when the jury was done questioning the f3, i had the feeling chase was gonna win. jane seemed like she was going to vote for chase, but i think marty's speech changed her vote.

Quote Originally Posted by realityfan25;4129902;
    wait who voted for fabio? i assumed that marty, dan, kelly had voted for him but thought chase had brenda, alina, holly, etc. who did naonka, jane, and benry vote for? i havent watched this season i've been too busy.
    Jane made it pretty clear in her comments and reaction to Chase in the final five council (I didn't see the final one before the jury questions) that she was leaning more toward Fabio IMHO than Chase. Afterall, she knew that Fabio was going to vote for her more out of respect that she was a threat, and Chase backstabbed her.

Benry I think voted for Fabio.

Naonka I would be surprised if she was the Fabio one, but she could've been. Given she gave him the idol, I'd be surprised otherwise.

The only two I can see here being different are Nay and Benry. Jane's I felt was pretty obvious.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As far as the finale, a few notes IMHO:

1. Nay should've had little to none coverage. Yes, I totally understand being pissed that people weren't happy with her antics on the show and wanted her fired from being a teacher, but even though it IS a game, that side of you showing is a side of you that is in there. Everyone on that show knows (or should) that their actions on the show WILL affect them post season. Some have become celebrities, others have ended up in situations similar to Nay's. She shouldn't be surprised at the response, and she shouldn't act as though no one should be concerned about their kid being taught by her. Even after tonight, I'd STILL be acting the same way if I was a parent of a kid in her class. (Yes, I do wonder if she'll have a job as of tomorrow after tonight - unless she is part of a union).

And, I don't care either if it's "Game" or not, you do NOT shove someone down with a prosthesis. Why? - You can break the person's bones at the point where the fake limb and real bone meet (those bones can be pretty thin in that area), and worse, you can damage/destroy the prosthesis and they are not easy to replace. She frankly should've been REMOVED from the game after that incident - to me, it was tantamount to fighting, not game play.

2. Jane winning fan favorite - I was glad she won, but will say that I think she won because she showed how tough she was for her age, and she made it very far as an older woman in this show. Usually women her age will be eliminated near the beginning of the season. So, I can see why she won, and was glad that she won and not someone such as Jimmy J. (yes, early boot, but names do factor in things like this potentially), or someone less deserving did.

3. I may not like Sash's game play, but Shannon's response and calling him gay when he's not is out of line.

4. Fabio - like the guy, but I'm hoping he seriously, SERIOUSLY reconsiders his current plan to use the money. He's only getting about half of that, and a lot of production groups tend to crash quickly. He's got a bright future ahead IMHO, and I think he should save a good portion of that money as a fall back if something did happen in that group or the like. If he just puts it all in there and he fails, then Fabio will be what he seemed to be on TV, and as I've said, he's better than that.

5. Kudos for Holly getting Dan a pair of cowboy boots as a compensation for what happened. Ostrich quill boots aren't exactly cheap (most pair I've seen are at least $450-$750), so they may not be as expensive, but they are nice and something he didn't have.

6. Jane and Marty may not like each other, but they were respectful to each other post show, so that was a nice surprise. I'd rather people be respectful and not like each other than the way they were in the show. (BTW, I don't think Marty's speech then hurt Jane in as much as her proving her prowess in challenges and the like).

7. Terry Bradshaw - I've got to give him props. It's the first time in a long time he actually made sense talking, was congratulatory toward Jimmy for making it over a week on the show, and said that he could've gone on longer and had the drive.

8. Next season? - Well, I don't have a problem so much with redemption island in that they have a chance to fight to come back on. It is essentially exile island except it's either you win the next challenge or you're out. And from the sound of things, it sounds like it's only one person who will return though. It's interesting there, as were some other things I noticed here, but I can't say because it could possibly spoil next season.

9. I like Rob well enough and think his and Amber's new daughter is darling (BTW, I like how for the most part he does try to keep their personal life low key), however... was it really necessary to air it here? What about other Survivors and their kids since the show? - many of them have married since.

10. Jeff sometimes I think even in this reunion section wanted to bop the players upside the head and say "What are you thinking?" in the chats. Can't say as I blame him this go.

Overall, from what I got to see, not a bad season, but there have been better. Hopefully next season will be better.

I don't understand the popularity of Boston Rob. His accent would irritate me to no end. If Jeff's going, then why not replace him with another 'Jeff-type' guy and not someone we've already watched and formed strong opinions about?

I wanted them to show who voted for who. All the build up on showing them making their decisions and writing them down--- then the winner's announced and that's it? Also, did they say where the next season is going to take place?

I had no favorite Survivor this season, but of the three I found myself rooting for Fabio because the other 2 just irritated me. However...after hearing him talk so 'profoundly' about his idea of physics and how he plans on using music to unite people to undermine the government or act subversively in regards to government (if that's what I heard correctly from his far out ramblings....) I found myself sickened by him. (don't get me wrong, it's good to have ideas, but he sounded like a 16 yr old with 'big ideas'. He will throw that million away. I love Survivor, and watched this season, but couldn't get into it for some reason.
    Last edited by stcroix1; 12-20-2010 at 12:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread