+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Holly's nurturing may have cost her the win, but boy what a role model!

I think the best occupation that would suit Naonka is either a cheap stripper/or/ho, or possibly a crack dealer. I don't see her qualified to do anything else, since you can't make a living at being a lieing, selfish, disgusting bee-atch.

Quote Originally Posted by ActMax;4118664;
    I think the best occupation that would suit Naonka is either a cheap stripper/or/ho, or possibly a crack dealer. I don't see her qualified to do anything else, since you can't make a living at being a lieing, selfish, disgusting bee-atch.
    I luv this post, describes NaOinka to a T.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4118651;
    I think that Purple Kelly, under different circumstances, might have played a better game, but she never really got into a decent alliance and was pretty much not a "popular" kid with the younger contestants with whom she was initially matched as a team mate. I think that helped contribute to her giving up. I'm not sure how Naonka got past the original rounds of casting, but I'm guessing they thought she'd bring drama. She certainly did, but not in the way I suspect they hoped.

I also agree that from what we saw on the show, she doesn't seem mature enough to be a teacher.

I do find it kind of interesting that it was two of the youngest contestants who quit. The younger team that just swept through the earlier competitions seems to have all but fallen apart after the merge, though the strength and compassion shown by some of the older crowd will likely come back to bite them, because I'm guessing no one really wants to take Jane or Holly to the finals with them, for fear of losing to them. They could both make pretty good cases for themselves with regard to why they should win.
    Regarding Kelly, I saw things a bit differently. As we saw from the recap show, and what she expressed herself... she has wanted out from the first night there. The fact that she DID have herself in a good alliance with Brenda, Sash, Nay, and Chase(?) was probably what kept her in the game all that time. The leaders of that alliance were controlling the entire game... and she was getting an easy ride. When Brenda got dumped, Kelly saw her chances fade and allowed that desire to quit to take over. Finally she was faced with actually playing the game and being forced to try to do something on her own and she just gave up. Nay wanting to quit also probably made it even easier. Kelly was not meant to play this game and I'm not even sure how they thought it was a good idea to cast her. I'm not sure how she thought it was a good idea to even try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4118476;
    This episode was so condescending and disgusting. Not everybody has it in themselves, willpower or drive, and things you think are important for you are not as important for others. It was just a show of egos and "we're better than you" for having more drive. Ever spend a lot of effort on something and then realized the reward wasn't worth the time or actually attainable? They are cutting their losses. And all these people are quite deluded... you ain't all gonna get that million dollars, stop with the artificial confidence. They were gonna go soon anyways, they just took the chance away from the remaining players to seal the deal for them. They used the term quitters like some ugly mark, a stain. Yeah, it will look SOOOOOOOOO bad to quit a reality show, like nobody has ever done that before. A year or down down the road and everybody will have forget all of them anyways, quitting or not.

And I love Naonka's reasoning for taking the reward still. You know it is the smartest thing to do, but not smart at all in public opinion. She helped her team win that challenge! Even if she is gonna quit, why should she give up her reward that she put the effort into? Everybody else who enjoyed that reward has HER to thank. She could have just laid down and given yellow the win.

I was thinking the same thing as everybody else here too: If anything, it should be DAN giving the reward up. He didn't even do a thing, he just sat on the sidelines and got lucky! He is the ultimate floater, a true nobody. Why isn't he gone yet?

The remaining players are all hypocrites too. They all want them to quit yet lament on it like it's a sin. That'd be like being angry that you WON the lottery. It makes no sense. It's also funny how they talk about not being able to have a free rides, yet they all planned on using Naonka as a freebie for the finals. Dan still exists, but now they need to make real decisions and bring along somebody else who may actually take a win from them. Boo hoo.

The fact that the torches are still gonna be lit to remind them that they quit is the final straw and just shows how self importance Survivor really thinks it is. This whole episode left a very bad taste in my mouth. Elitism.

Nope - I can't agree with a word that was said here. Those two are losers on Survivor and to paraphrase Jane - they will be losers in life. And they most certainly should not have been part of the jury. They should have been put on a raft, set adrift and sent home!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4118662;
    Holly's nurturing may have cost her the win, but boy what a role model!

Remember what a crack pot she was at the beginning? I'm really starting to like her and hope she can go to the final three...

I have mixed feelings about the episode.
    As far as Naonka, I'm certainly not her biggest fan.
    However, I do think it's one thing to sign up for the show and quite another to actually be out there and facing survival on limited food and quite adverse conditions.
    I'd like to think I would have stuck it out despite adversity, but that would be Monday morning quarterbacking and I don't want to do that.
    I think it would have been easy enough for Dan to, just once, say something.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

[QUOTE=ActMax;4118664;]I think the best occupation that would suit Naonka is either a cheap stripper/or/ho, or possibly a crack dealer. I don't see her qualified to do anything else, since you can't make a living at being a lieing, selfish, disgusting bee-atch.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, maybe you haven't seen "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"? Camille Grammer certainly seems to be making a living in exactly that way!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Still can't understand why MB let those 2 stay and be on the jury. There are 7 people left and 3 currently on the jury so there would still be 7 people on the jury with a final 3. Survivor used to have 7 jury members when they started out with fewer people so why couldn't they do it this time.
    They still would have had a odd number of jury members so it would have worked out the same.

FORT Fan

Jeff Probst blogs 'Survivor: Nicaragua': Episode 12 | PopWatch | EW.com

See Jeff Probst's blog as to why they were allowed to remain on the jury.

+ Reply to Thread