+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 12/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4120009;
    I agree that Holly is a poor judge of character... and that it's questionable she was in a position to be ticked at Nay for not taking her place. However, I do understand her being ticked at Nay for being a despicable human being. I get that.
    I guess it's in her Motherly nature to expect the best of people; a virtue in this game that will get you burned as she disappointingly found out.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4120009;
    And I don't necessarily think it was an unwise choice on Holly's part. Though it does make her a bit more of a target, they are getting close enough to the final three that making feel good, honourable moves will bode well with a jury. Also, the extra rice and tarp benefits her in the long run and for the rest of the game... it's not just one moment of food and relaxation. Given a choice between an afternoon of hotdogs (with a crappy movie) or a tarp and some more rice, I would choose the latter every time.
    I think it was a spontaneously shrewd move that she would have pulled off only if Nay had kept her unwitting end of the bargain. It's despicable to me that Holly would use Nay's affection for her to try and coerce her out of her rightful reward and sacrifice herself for her gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;4118476;
    This episode was so condescending and disgusting. Not everybody has it in themselves, willpower or drive, and things you think are important for you are not as important for others. It was just a show of egos and "we're better than you" for having more drive. Ever spend a lot of effort on something and then realized the reward wasn't worth the time or actually attainable? They are cutting their losses. And all these people are quite deluded... you ain't all gonna get that million dollars, stop with the artificial confidence. They were gonna go soon anyways, they just took the chance away from the remaining players to seal the deal for them. They used the term quitters like some ugly mark, a stain. Yeah, it will look SOOOOOOOOO bad to quit a reality show, like nobody has ever done that before. A year or down down the road and everybody will have forget all of them anyways, quitting or not.

And I love Naonka's reasoning for taking the reward still. You know it is the smartest thing to do, but not smart at all in public opinion. She helped her team win that challenge! Even if she is gonna quit, why should she give up her reward that she put the effort into? Everybody else who enjoyed that reward has HER to thank. She could have just laid down and given yellow the win.

I was thinking the same thing as everybody else here too: If anything, it should be DAN giving the reward up. He didn't even do a thing, he just sat on the sidelines and got lucky! He is the ultimate floater, a true nobody. Why isn't he gone yet?

The remaining players are all hypocrites too. They all want them to quit yet lament on it like it's a sin. That'd be like being angry that you WON the lottery. It makes no sense. It's also funny how they talk about not being able to have a free rides, yet they all planned on using Naonka as a freebie for the finals. Dan still exists, but now they need to make real decisions and bring along somebody else who may actually take a win from them. Boo hoo.

The fact that the torches are still gonna be lit to remind them that they quit is the final straw and just shows how self importance Survivor really thinks it is. This whole episode left a very bad taste in my mouth. Elitism.
    Maybe you have a point about physical limits and the show's attitude towards quitting... but I think there's a related issue with them getting prize money and being on the Jury.

Even if they didn't deserved to be mocked by Probst, I think there's good reason to argue that quitting should mean forfeiting prize money (its only fair) and losing a place on the Jury. Probst should probably have left the mocking and heavy scorn to US though, on the Internet.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by rfromp;4120299;
    It's despicable to me that Holly would use Nay's affection for her to try and coerce her out of her rightful reward and sacrifice herself for her gain.
    Wow... Nay has no affection or concern for anyone but Nay. Holly and the rest of the contestants were starving.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4120332;
    Even if they didn't deserved to be mocked by Probst, I think there's good reason to argue that quitting should mean forfeiting prize money (its only fair) and losing a place on the Jury. Probst should probably have left the mocking and heavy scorn to US though, on the Internet.
    It's about entertainment, not fairness, with some consideration to what will fend off any lawsuits. Probst's mockings were very entertaining, as have been the reactions on the internet. I'm enjoying it all!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;4120408;
    Wow... Nay has no affection or concern for anyone but Nay. Holly and the rest of the contestants were starving.
    And, as has been pointed out elsewhere, if Naonka was fully resolved to quit at that point, and she appeared to be, as she had given away her immunity idol, at most, Nay would have "sacrificing" access to food, shelter etc. for a matter of hours. I don't know if the jury is allowed movies, but at most, that's what she would have been sacrificing. I also think the contrast between Nay and Holly is rather interesting. Holly started the game by stupidly destroying someone else's property (the shoes) and nearly giving up on day five. But she confessed to what she'd done and decided to fight on through and amazingly is still in the game (and luckily--if the game hadn't changed when it did, she would probably have been on the chopping block much earlier). Perhaps that's part of the reason she misjudged Nay. She had gone through some similar situations on Survivor and turned her own game around. Maybe she didn't see selfishness so much as she saw desperation and youth. Holly also comes from a small town in an area of the country where you pretty much have to be able to depend on one another in difficult situations (like, say, in a blizzard, when rural folks routinely take in complete strangers stuck in the storm and go out of their way for people they know). It probably was genuinely amazing to her that Naonka wouldn't have been willing to give up her reward if she was planning on quitting anyway. I confess that when she decided to take it, I thought perhaps she had reconsidered quitting, especially after she thanked Holly for sacrificing her reward. I assumed that meant she might be intending to stick around so that the tarp and extra rice meant something to her personally. Instead, I guess she was either thanking Holly on behalf of everyone else or she was thanking her for making the rest of them less angry at her (or anyone else who didn't give up reward) for taking reward. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone taking Holly or Jane to the final three if they can possibly help it. They'd just be too hard to beat. I can see Dan sneaking his way in long before then, simply because he would be extremely easy to beat as he's been unable to do much of anything to prove that he deserves to win. The only thing he'd have in his favor is that he hasn't done that much to tick anyone off either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4120423;
    Unfortunately, I don't see anyone taking Holly or Jane to the final three if they can possibly help it. They'd just be too hard to beat. I can see Dan sneaking his way in long before then, simply because he would be extremely easy to beat as he's been unable to do much of anything to prove that he deserves to win. The only thing he'd have in his favor is that he hasn't done that much to tick anyone off either.
    No way those boys (who are now in the majority) are taking Holly and/or Jane to f3. I imagine we can bet that Fabio will be there and probably Chase. The third position is wide open in my mind...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4120459;
    No way those boys (who are now in the majority) are taking Holly and/or Jane to f3. I imagine we can bet that Fabio will be there and probably Chase. The third position is wide open in my mind...
    Given that he has an immunity idol, Chase is about as likely a candidate for the final three as you can get, unless he plays really stupidly (and Chase has not given the impression thus far that he's the brightest bulb on the string). Sash still has immunity idols too, right? If not, I could see them getting rid of him quickly too, because he has a shot at getting some jury votes. Holly and/or Jane's only hope is the very slim one that they somehow control immunity by winning it or someone else does something very stupid that makes that person a much bigger target.

But hey, maybe Holly or Jane will win the car or something equally valuable before the boys boot them. I do find it impressive that three of the members of the older tribe are still in this thing and not really the three anybody would have expected to be there early on.

If it came down to a choice between Chase and Fabio (assuming the third option is someone who isn't likely to garner enough votes to win), I think I might be inclined to vote for Fabio, simply because Chase has seemed to apt to be influenced to make decisions not in his best interest. I think he actually wishes to be led by someone else. I don't get quite that same feeling from Fabio, who hasn't come off as all that bright either but seems to be better at figuring out game play than Chase.

FORT Newbie

Odd that she would help orchestrate to vote out Brenda than decide out that's it for me i'm quitting.

I guess one too many rainstorms.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4120418;
    I don't know if the jury is allowed movies, but at most, that's what she would have been sacrificing.
    I don't know if they know what they are allowed at Ponderosa before they arrive there, but if you watch the Ponderosa videos after Purple Kelly and NaOnka arrive, you'll see them opening goodie bags. It looks like NaOnka's contains at least one BluRay.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread